Ban people that put white wall tires on their SPORT CARS AND TRUCKS!

Straw

1 hour ago, oliviarav3n said:

I don't mean any disrespect to the OP, but I legitimately thought this was a gag post at first (and even giggled at the title).

Seeing silly lifted cars with ridiculously large rims gives my character an RP opportunity to point and laugh at them with her friends. Things you may not particularly approve of can spur roleplay in ways you might not of initially thought of.

I hate to say, but the increasing desire to eliminate things that people don't like is a bit alarming. We should embrace the freedom of variety. When it comes to things you don't like sometimes you have to train yourself to suppress your initial gut reaction of "eliminate" and search for a silver lining.

Welcome to the server by the way! 😁

The title is a gag 😂 but my desire to see something being done about this is not.

The desire to be ignorant and let things happen like this which draw us closer to a GTA Online/Stunt servers is more alarming than the people taking a stance against superbly unrealistic things. Correct me if I am wrong " heavy roleplay" server yeah? then let's act like it. Why restrict a ton of cars behind applications? to keep parking lots from not looking like a GTA Online server, right? well too bad since ppl can do GTA Online parking lots with the current cars we have right now, so either we remove all cars behind a 500 word essay and stop being hypocrites or do smth about this as well.

1 hour ago, PeopleKind said:

A true car guy doesn't give a shit what other people drive or like. A true guy will respect other tastes regardless of his own opinion. All this thread does is prove you're not a true car guy, really.

I'm not a fan of lifted trucks with low rider tires, but I'm not gonna outright say they should be punished for having them. Its a style, you might not like the style, but at the end of the day, it's not your car so why do you care so much?

It's not my car, but its my immersion lol and our server right? we need to take care of each other and teach others about whats real and what isn't, this being a very unrealistic thing if you knew a things or two about car modifications, I dont choose the path of ignorance or shrugging off. I am glad you have been gifted with the ability to define what a " true car guy" is all about.

Edited by Straw
  • Upvote 2
19 hours ago, Straw said:

The desire to be ignorant and let things happen like this which draw us closer to a GTA Online/Stunt servers is more alarming than the people taking a stance against superbly unrealistic things. Correct me if I am wrong " heavy roleplay" server yeah? then let's act like it. Why restrict a ton of cars behind applications? to keep parking lots from not looking like a GTA Online server, right? well too bad since ppl can do GTA Online parking lots with the current cars we have right now, so either we remove all cars behind a 500 word essay and stop being hypocrites or do smth about this as well.

No one is being a hypocrite? Heavy role play =/= 1:1 realism. We're not all here to play second life. Who cares if someone uses white wall tires on cars that shouldn't have it? People have posted real life pictures of people putting white wall tires on random ass cars. So, in essence it is in fact very realistic and refutes your points about it not being realistic. People are allowed to have shit tastes.

While we're at it, let's make deaths on characters permanent. No PK's. We want to be realistic right? Let's adjust income back down normal rather than give people an easy $200,000 to start with. Let's make people wait DAYS for car work to be done because it doesn't take 15 minutes. We want to be realistic right? The fact that you're picking out white wall tires as your vendetta against heavy role play and realism is pretty alarming. There are much more important things to worry about.

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 3
15 hours ago, Brofessor said:

No one is being a hypocrite? Heavy role play =/= 1:1 realism. We're not all here to play second life. Who cares if someone uses white wall tires on cars that shouldn't have it? People have posted real life pictures of people putting white wall tires on random ass cars. So, in essence it is in fact very realistic and refutes your points about it not being realistic. People are allowed to have shit tastes.

While we're at it, let's make deaths on characters permanent. No PK's. We want to be realistic right? Let's adjust income back down normal rather than give people an easy $200,000 to start with. Let's make people wait DAYS for car work to be done because it doesn't take 15 minutes. We want to be realistic right? The fact that you're picking out white wall tires as your vendetta against heavy role play and realism is pretty alarming. There are much more important things to worry about.

Casually waiting on OP to keep ignoring my posts because they make sense and refutes their entire argument.

As a matter of fact to add to your comment, it's more of a non-issue. Although OP's rant is valid because they see it as a genuine concern, but I don't think the post should've been turned into a borderline suggestion where the issue is dramatized to great extent..

I honestly don't mind seeing flashy cars with horrible taste. It's Los Santos, Los Santos is not meant to represent real life as it is, Los Santos is supposed to represent its own fictional world in which our characters live in. I don't think there's something inherently unrealistic about seeing people drive cars that they were able to pick and buy. Can they afford it? Is it what people fixate on? Maybe not. But then again people buy things they cannot afford all the time, especially in America where loans is something that's widely used to do just that.

But yeah, if GTA W should be 1:1 realism then, dealership cars would only come in a handful of stock colors. Modifications would cost an arm and a leg, jail times would happen in-real-time and sentences would be harsher, you'd be forced to pay bills and if you don't work and can't afford it, then your character would be evicted. Wounds would get infected, old injuries your char sustained will make your character physically hurt until they seek medical help, not to mention the actual cost for medical bills.So many other things that most likely 90% of people would prefer to opt out of, including myself.

Honestly white wall tires should be more comical in-game than a cause for genuine concern. Like someone said before OP, if you hate something then make your character voice it in-game and be creative about it, go place a /cim near a car and write something like: **A note would be stuck between the windshield wipers: "This has to be the ugliest car I've ever seen, how did you come up with this? Please do something about those tires."** -- This is your fix, OP.

• Upvote 1
On 7/9/2022 at 11:36 AM, Mistery14 said:

As someone who prefers motorcycles a little more over cars but can still like and appreciate cars, I find this horrendous.

But! Then again, a ton of "motorcyclists" on GTA W go; "Yeah, I'm a true biker, I love bikes, ride til you die brother, haha!" and then proceed to ride:

1. Without any proper gear, let alone a helmet.

2. Pop wheelies at every opportunity and straight stretch of road.

3. Treats the city roads like a MotoGP track.

4. Have little to no regard towards their bike and revs it at every stop.

Does this bother me? If I could scream in text right here, I would. Yes it does.

But, does it warrant a ban? You know what? Not all of it. If the only concern is lack of gear and those people want to ride their expensive sports bikes in shorts and a t-shirt as an only protection for potentially falling on highly abrasive ground that would leave permanent scars should one go down? By all means, they can go ahead. But they better RP that fall and its consequences without gear, because if they don't then it truly is a rule break.

So what's my point?

If you see someone mod the hell out of their car? They might like that car. It might be atrocious taste, but it's their car, they like it, they drive it, they cherish it and don't want it to break, there's nothing wrong with that in itself. But if they drive said cherished car like they're being chased by an otherworldly entity through LS, crash entirely IC, and decide to self void or heavily mitigate the consequences of that crash for their own body or car? Then you're more than welcome to report them for poorly portraying said crash and/or mitigating the consequences of their own actions.

VgBNIx7.png

ysVOl6U.png

Heavy roleplay server

Edited by Shokkoth
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic