Restricted faction concept on Nortenos

Artist

1 hour ago, Straw said:

Y'all talking about Nortenos being banned but the saddest thing that needs more attention is this:

There is a temporary ban on submitting concepts that are:

• Any form of La Cosa Nostra concept, or "crew" that aim to develop into a branch of a family.

Now that is truly a sad case, I don't care what anyone says, I want more Italians, better than the Russian takeover this server is having recently.

The difference is that Nortenos and Eurasian OC groups actually have a significant presence on the west coast. 

• Upvote 3
28 minutes ago, voucher said:

The difference is that Nortenos and Eurasian OC groups actually have a significant presence on the west coast. 

Meh...this what I don't like, the west coast stick too far in our asses, I say we let our own thing develop for a while, we don't have to be a copy-paste of the west coast.

10 minutes ago, Straw said:

Meh...this what I don't like, the west coast stick too far in our asses, I say we let our own thing develop for a while, we don't have to be a copy-paste of the west coast.

A copy paste? No. But people making ten different LCN factions instead of joining the current one with established lore and history makes no sense.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, voucher said:

A copy paste? No. But people making ten different LCN factions instead of joining the current one with established lore and history makes no sense.

I would never advocate for 10, but at least 2 to keep it interesting, it's ok how we have 15 MC's but 2 LCN's is the end of this server somehow.

34 minutes ago, Straw said:

I would never advocate for 10, but at least 2 to keep it interesting, it's ok how we have 15 MC's but 2 LCN's is the end of this server somehow.

As per Cali DOJ OC reports past 2006, they entirely removed reference to "traditional organized crime" (per them just ref'd LCN). While the OMG category from that earlier period had documented 42+ OMG's present in Cali, it's grown a bit over the years.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Straw said:

We've literally got an official LCN faction right now. There was another one a decent chunk of time ago and a few unofficial groups, but due to IC developments, those were either are destroyed or integrated.

The thing about the LCN on the West Coast is that they're a top down organization that demands dominance, at least in their own sphere, over a given city. West Coast mobsters are primarily composed of rejects in the first place, you can liken them to the modern day New Jersey mob in that sense. They're not exactly competent. They're political exiles, people deemed to be too scummy to fit in with the mainline of the East Coast or people born in that area that are being raised and groomed by those rejects in the first place.

This is a pretty stark contrast to MC's, gangs and Eurasian organizations which don't have vertical top-down structure schemes, they're all pretty horizontally organized. It's why a lot of these Eurasian organizations are called "crime rings". They're literal organizational structure is like that of a ring, as in there's no strict hierarchy per se, with one or a few people acting as an inner circle that commands an outer circle. There's no rankings set in stone, it's all dictated by soft power and influence. 

Edited by soudiere

In my opinion, I think no concept should be restricted nor banned unless they are extreme such as cult, cannibals and such.

Norteno, Sureno, Cartel, SAHP, SABI and such should be allowed on trial basis. If they are unique, welcomed by the majority of community and so on then I do not see why they shouldn't happen. Normalize testing the waters instead of, you know, outright saying no without giving it some consideration.

I think with allowing some long-denied concepts may encourage and motivate some players to try something unique. You may even get new players into this server / community because they are more interested in RPing in those concepts than others. Please, give this some thought and lift the restrictions. I do not think they will do any harm to the community unless they are breaking server rules, display poor RP quality and so on. Thanks!

• Upvote 3
On 8/13/2022 at 6:04 PM, voucher said:

What if the current one is bad? IFM ain't exactly the best judge on what's a good faction or not. U can't force people to all join the same faction lol.

what if the faction is stuck in a different timeline?  u cant force ppl to join the same faction and halt players from making certain factions. the reason the faction scene is because of the level of bureaucracy there is when running a faction 

Edited by Tony White
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic