Restricted faction concept on Nortenos

Artist

On 7/29/2022 at 12:45 PM, Narco said:

That's the issue, it won't be properly portrayed and the roleplayers will assume that the politics are 1:1 with the Mexican Mafia / Sureno gangs and it'll look goofy. As much as I want the concept to be unrestricted it just wouldn't work on here. There's too many inconsistencies with players knowledge on the concept only using what they see on documentaries from youtube etc. It'll be an excuse to go around deathmatching Sureno factions. 

Just make a Bulldogs gang or another Hispanic gang that runs paisa, bangs red and doesn't pay tax to the Mexican Mafia, simple as that.

I understand what you're saying but that can be applied to really any faction with the deathmatching thing. And what do you mean by inconsistencies with players knowledge on the concept they have never been done on the server so are you assuming that? Also how would Bulldogs be any different that same argument you are using against Nortenos can be applied to Bulldogs and many other factions.

17 minutes ago, Artist said:

I understand what you're saying but that can be applied to really any faction with the deathmatching thing. And what do you mean by inconsistencies with players knowledge on the concept they have never been done on the server so are you assuming that? Also how would Bulldogs be any different that same argument you are using against Nortenos can be applied to Bulldogs and many other factions.

Because the Nuestra Familia operates in no way like the Mexican Mafia, the mindset is different, rules and regulations (14 bonds which a lot of roleplayers that want to portray an NF ranking member don't understand), I mean it really sounds like a broad assumption to assume that not a lot of individuals would understand the portrayal although there is a lot of information on the NF that youtube and google  won't show or tell you. I can understand someone wanting to roleplay a low ranking Norteno on the streets, although the Nuestra Familia's operations are very specific and a lot of individuals don't understand the operations or how to properly portray them when it comes to the Nuestra Familia structure (not speaking on a street Norteno), a lot of individuals don't understand what a Carnal is in the NF structure. I mean there's so many different things that actually go on that a lot of individuals don't understand. The Mexican Mafia has been researched by public media a lot more than the NF, yes there is some information out there online although you won't be able to fully understand how they operate as you would with the Mexican Mafia. On top of that I'm pretty sure a few individuals in the Mexican Mafia on this server in the leadership actually have a firm understanding on the structure hence why they're in the faction. I can genuinely say that there's probably only 1 or two other individuals that I've met on the server which genuinely are from California like myself and have been locked up and understand how the NF operates. 

At the end of the day I understand yes this is a game, although if we're wanting to bring a faction such as the Nuestra Familia into the server, we should have a firm understanding of the portrayal and structure which currently would be impossible as like I said there's only few people that genuinely understand it and don't think it's a "yeah we wear red, we gangbangin, lets go kill some skraps" or "yeah im locked up homeboy that means im a NF member" which couldn't be the furthest from the truth. It's easy to see things online, google them etc, but if we're going to actually attempt to bring a prominent California organization to the server it should be roleplayed 1:1 as the Mexican Mafia currently is due to their leadership having a strong understanding due to real life personal experience.

EPrpH6Q.jpeg 

OpOuhWq.jpeg 

LnsB7Zk.jpeg 

W9LFvh5.png 

Edited by Narco
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
7 hours ago, Gallagher said:

i think its better to focus our time and energy on improving the shit factions we currently have. adding in nortenos wont make the server better. 

Can you tell me how you're going to "improve shit factions" by not allowing people roleplay what they want?

@Narco You know a lot of people would appreciate a rp guide on Nuestra Familia and it's sub branches such as Nuestra Raza if you have insight, personally I'd love to learn what I know wrong about Nortenos in general.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Fibberic said:

Can you tell me how you're going to "improve shit factions" by not allowing people roleplay what they want?

@Narco You know a lot of people would appreciate a rp guide on Nuestra Familia and it's sub branches such as Nuestra Raza if you have insight, personally I'd love to learn what I know wrong about Nortenos in general.

Yeah I was definitely thinking about creating one, I'll probably do it soon even though the concept isn't allowed just for future reference. The Nuestra Raza is the Nuestra Familia. If you think of it in hierarchy it's basically what the Mexican Mafia is towards its street counterpart the Sureno's, So the NF basically oversees the operations of the foot soldiers (Nortenos), once a validated Familiano or Carnal (rankings within the NF) is released from prison they'll usually be assigned a regiment if there already isn't one which most of the time there is (a county ie: Santa Clara County, San Francisco County, Alameda County etc) , collecting tax from the hoods, carrying out murders, ordering hits once they receive kites or information from the inside, scheduled visits to bring drugs into the facility, stuff like that etc). There's a lot of similarities between the NF and the Mexican Mafia although there's a lot of things that differ such as the structure and a lot of internal policies, rules and regulations which can easily get you removed (murdered) which is why the Nuestra Familia has been able to control multiple correctional facilities with such low numbers as they operate very structured. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic