Restricted Crime Zones & No Crime Zones. Are they actually helping? Tell us your experience!

Kappaurel

7 hours ago, Moonsong said:

This

The vehicles rules was used to stop the insane amount of robberies that were happening where people were being taken halfway across the state be be robbed for a phone and a few bucks. If this rule is removed, exactly the same thing would happen. It was also designed to ENCOURAGE civilian roleplay, which it has. Civilians can actually roleplay outside for longer than 5 minutes without a random black car 4 deep rolling up on them. This wasn't a few isolated incidents, it was SYSTEMIC and it killed civilian roleplay. Why would it be any different now? Like you said.

So then why doesn't the rules state:

To kidnap someone to rob them, you need admin permission and not "YOU CAN'T USE A VEHICLE AT ALL WITHOUT PERMISSION", the rule makes no sense and creates more poor roleplay than prevents it. 

4 minutes ago, YAOMINGFROMEASTSIDELONGOS said:

the current rules is adding water the ocean. its not the solution. go visit any of these "safezones" and u wont find increased social activity from citizens. theyre still getting robbed at the same rate (SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!!) just in different areas. lmfao. if anything this rule made it worse

Just so we are on the same page in this discussion. What information are you basing this on?

Just now, mj2002 said:

Just so we are on the same page in this discussion. What information are you basing this on?

Go to any of the "restricted" zones during peak time, or for that matter any time and you won't see increase in civilians there. Spots where civilians could safely roleplay was the "goal" of this rule, but it didn't accomplish that at all.

It just caused a massive headache to any ACTUAL illegal roleplayer to commit robberies. I don't think many illegal roleplayers have an issue with the rules other than the robbing with a car. Over like 90% of robbery incidents that happen in the real world involve a vehicle. That part of the robbery rules makes no sense and needs changed urgently. 

Bad apples from illegal RPers left long lasting bad taste about public areas, things wont change fast.

Robbers coming in with 4 people in a car and everyone armed with gun, to steal a phone and some cash... Yeah... No thanks.

Edited by Lindsie
1 hour ago, YAOMINGFROMEASTSIDELONGOS said:

Go to any of the "restricted" zones during peak time, or for that matter any time and you won't see increase in civilians there. Spots where civilians could safely roleplay was the "goal" of this rule, but it didn't accomplish that at all.

It just caused a massive headache to any ACTUAL illegal roleplayer to commit robberies. I don't think many illegal roleplayers have an issue with the rules other than the robbing with a car. Over like 90% of robbery incidents that happen in the real world involve a vehicle. That part of the robbery rules makes no sense and needs changed urgently. 

As I stated before, the vehicle rule was added to prevent cross country armed kidnappings for  a few bucks and a phone, changing it back would just bring us back to square one. If criminals need to be able to rob people in areas they really shouldn't be robbing them so desperately, then imo they need to rethink their entire approach to criminal roleplay. The rules encourage creativity with crimes of opportunity, if someone's in a safe zone why not stalk them on the lay-low until they're in a much less risky area? There's no shortage of different ways it could be approached, I don't see why there's such a fixation of being able to rob in safe zones.

That's a perk for official illegal factions and imo the quality of safezone robberies I've seen from them is mediocre at best. If even they don't roleplay the robberies to a high standard then what makes you think non-official criminal groups will do any better?

4 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

As I stated before, the vehicle rule was added to prevent cross country armed kidnappings for  a few bucks and a phone, changing it back would just bring us back to square one. If criminals need to be able to rob people in areas they really shouldn't be robbing them so desperately, then imo they need to rethink their entire approach to criminal roleplay. The rules encourage creativity with crimes of opportunity, if someone's in a safe zone why not stalk them on the lay-low until they're in a much less risky area? There's no shortage of different ways it could be approached, I don't see why there's such a fixation of being able to rob in safe zones.

That's a perk for official illegal factions and imo the quality of safezone robberies I've seen from them is mediocre at best. If even they don't roleplay the robberies to a high standard then what makes you think non-official criminal groups will do any better?

It's not the job of the staff to raise the RP bar rather than "Well let them rethink or just jail them endless" or enforce IC takedowns via LSPD and killing the concept

You are right but the problem is no hard enforcement neither IC or OOC

30 minutes ago, Xaleya said:

It's not the job of the staff to raise the RP bar rather than "Well let them rethink or just jail them endless" or enforce IC takedowns via LSPD and killing the concept

You are right but the problem is no hard enforcement neither IC or OOC

Exactly, players should already be striving to raise the bar themselves and already be at an acceptable level of roleplay. Though I do think there needs to be more consequences for criminals IC than there currently are, as others have pointed out most crimes are never followed up on until it becomes a repeating pattern that cops recognize. Unfortunately, the rules have to be in place because players simply won't police themselves (I know some illegal factions do though, but that number is too slim).

13 hours ago, YAOMINGFROMEASTSIDELONGOS said:

using the vehicle to travel to a place where you're going to rob is considered using the vehicle in the crime. (admins ruling)

8 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

That's cool. Which admin?

Still waiting for an answer to this one. You've made a lot of claims with no real evidence.

3 hours ago, YAOMINGFROMEASTSIDELONGOS said:

I think you need to spend a day down near the skatepark on Vespucci Beach or out on the pier.

That area of the map has been thriving with rich and active roleplay since the Restricted Zone came into place. People on their bmx doing jumps, people jogging or biking along the promenade, beach parties, increase use of fishing, diving and jet skis. And before you say it was always like that, as someone who owns a business out there and was robbed several times when walking back to the open brightly lit carpark in the middle of the day. No, no, it wasn't always like that.

The restricted crime zone has been such a roleplay booster to that part of the map. 

Edited by Natala