[SAGOV] From the Office of Senator Jackie Lu

PBvzJAj.png

SENATOR JACKIE LU'S STATEMENT ON SCOTUS DECISION TO OVERTURN ROE V. WADE

JULY 2, 2022

This day marks a significant setback for our nation as a whole. The decision to reject a legal precedent that has been in place for the past fifty years and to take away a woman's constitutional right to obtain abortion is especially upsetting and poses a threat to women and working families across the United States. We must recognize that reproductive freedom and the right to control one's own body are fundamental human rights.

San Andreas will not be passive even if the judgment of the majority of the Supreme Court has taken us back to a time of back-alley abortions and fatalities, a time when women did not have the legal and fundamental right to self-determination. Despite this, San Andreas will not be inactive. Not just for the people who live in San Andreas, but also for all of those who come here in search of services and care, we will make it our mission to be a shining example of reproductive justice and guaranteed access to abortion on a national scale.

Name: COPE

Comment:

Yeah ok but I don't remember asking.

If you support democracy, then you gotta support Roe v Wade overturn. It brings the power of decision back to the people. Abort was never meant to be a constitutional right. 

TLDR: Cope, cry about it.

• Upvote 2

Name: YouCoward

Comment: Uhu, as usual. First you support the bill and I quote your own statement, 

"Yes, I have little to say, but I agree that aslong a fetus  has a heartbeat, it's alive. And with regard to the horrific offenses that Rossi just highlighted, we should be far stricter with that."

But now when public opinion is against you? You run like a fucking coward. GOP and DEM needs to burn in a fire.