[Discussion] What can improve RP interactions between players and general RP standards?

Mistery14

19 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

I believe a player had reported it and that's why it was hidden

How would that even hold any weight if some fruitcake got offended on behalf of IFM? This is getting worse than the cancel culture on Twitter.

If IFM apparently had no issue with it, and they were the ones being "bashed", why was it hidden?

• Thanks 2

I'd just like to mention that @Wuhtahtook like 4 hours out of her day to speak with me on Discord about a range of issues and she had nothing to do with hiding the comment. I do agree with her, whilst it wasn't outwardly insulting, nor was that the intention - there's more effective ways of getting my point across.

She's one of the very good Admins and she gave me an almost motherly-like talking to that I needed and told me to pull my fucking head in. But she did it respectfully. And that's literally all 90% of this server is asking for, not to be spoken to like a child and to have their views respected and listened to.

• Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, Airwalk said:

How would that even hold any weight if some fruitcake got offended on behalf of IFM? This is getting worse than the cancel culture on Twitter.

If IFM apparently had no issue with it, and they were the ones being "bashed", why was it hidden?

I don't know if they took offense or not. They probably did. I'm not speaking for them and I'm only speculating what maybe happened!

No offense to you in any way, Wuhtah. I respect that you're taking your time to respond to us.

But this shit is just laughable. How come you're the only staff member apart from the few posts Exodus made that's responding to any of this? If IFM is aware of everything being posted here, how about they take a stance on what's being said?

I wanted to just be a silent observer and watch this topic without commenting, but holy fuck this is pathetic.

Edited by Airwalk
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Airwalk said:

No offense to you in any way, Wuhtah. I respect that you're taking your time to respond to us.

But this shit is just laughable. How come you're the only staff member apart from the few posts Exodus made that's responding to any of this? If IFM is aware of everything being posted here, how about they take a stance on what's being said?

I wanted to just be a silent observer and watch this topic without commenting, but holy fuck this is pathetic.

No offense taken. I don't think I'm doing well for expressing my speculation on the matters. I also don't know for sure if IFM has seen the post or not. I know management has and they have also heard a list from me on different things, but I don't expect them to reply here right now. They'd have to do every single general discussion post then and that's 20+ pages per each thread sometimes.

As for staff members not responding here, I personally love the forums. My first subteam was forum moderation and I wanted to climb through that subteam before I got into PM and dropped it for a lead role in PM. I know some admins aren't too in touch with general discussion threads, they are more paying attention to suggestions or admin work related threads like refunds, player reports, asset transfers, etc.

I highly doubt that anyone expected you to be answering specific concerns regarding illegal factions. But people still appreciate that you're trying your best to touch base with all the other concerns and that goes a long way.

But I can gladly summarize everything that was being said in these 20 pages, if an IFM or even management representative decides to offer us some transparency and take a stance.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Airwalk said:

I highly doubt that anyone expected you to be answering specific concerns regarding illegal factions. But people still appreciate that you're trying your best to touch base with all the other concerns and that goes a long way.

But I can gladly summarize everything that was being said in these 20 pages, if an IFM or even management representative decides to offer us some transparency and take a stance.

Yeah it definitely is not my cup of tea. I am handling a forum report based on a few factions, and I have felt like I did more research on their factions than I have ever done in any school class I've taken lmao.

If you could summarize the important bits you want IFM or management to discuss with the illegal side, I'd gladly appreciate it! I am having a bit of a hard time with that.

You can either post it here (then others can comment their list or summaries too that you might have missed) or you can forum PM it to me and I can add IFM to it to read there.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

If you could summarize the important bits you want IFM or management to discuss with the illegal side, I'd gladly appreciate it! I am having a bit of a hard time with that.

If I get a guarantee that I'm not wasting my time and someone's actually going to give us a statement, I will.

2 minutes ago, FourmsThreadWatcher said:

one question tho, what has IFM done since the beginning of this year to improve the quality of illegal RP?

alot of things isnt an answer, just want to see proof

(even the noticeboard hasnt been updated since april lol)

They are working on a drug overhaul and have also helped modded in a ton of new clothing options that were for illegals and also legals.

Those are the top two I know off my head before looking around.

1 minute ago, Airwalk said:

If I get a guarantee that I'm not wasting my time and someone's actually going to give us a statement, I will.

I can't guarantee anything. It's not my sub team at all, but I can push it to them and ask for them to get a statement. That's all I can offer you unfortunately! I don't think they would say no though.