To snitch or not to snitch?

Olivia

7 minutes ago, NickyW said:

I’ve been here two years and I’ve killed one person lol

i just have an understanding of how the real world works, and in the real world; when you go up to violent criminals and say shit like “I’m gonna call the cops on you”, don’t be surprised when you get shot. 

Especially when in real life people get shot for serving the wrong order at McDonald’s. 

Okay mate your clearly not as equip in the real world as you'd like people to believe, normal everyday people litterarly black mail criminals, like cmon bro, real criminals don't wanna spend their life in jail and are not brain dead idiots, they can weigh up options, they know if they robbed someone and now that persons ringing the police infront of them they best start jogging

10 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

But this isn't the real world. In the real world facial recognition and cameras and LAPD helicopters aren't disabled by God because it's not ''balanced'' or ''fun'' for the criminals.

And you showing some Florida Man shit where someone gets shot because the fries weren't crispy at McDo isn't much of an argument anyway. Crazy crimes exist, but it doesn't mean you should be emulating them because suddenly once in a lifetime events become another Tuesday.

Listen buddy, I understand why "poor escalation" rules exist, right?

I get that it's in the interest of fairness, or fun, or whatever. That's fine. If that's why they exist, then cool.

My only point is that you can't use "well NOBODY IN REAL LIFE WOULD EVER DO THIS" as an argument because people in-fact do kill people in real life over stupid shit all the time. Not once in a lifetime, not "wow what a crazy headline"-blue moon events, but all the time.  If murder were justified, it wouldn't be fucking murder.

9 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

It's not lazy roleplay, it's straight up DMing. Report that shit.

Though I do absolutely disagree with this. You can report it, because it's poor escalation, yeah. It's not DM'ing though. DM'ing is running around shooting people with no RP. That's what the word "deathmatching" means.

Tbh ya'll are lucky poor escalation is a rule on here. Again, IRL, you have to be very careful about what you say and who you say it to when you talk to people, because you can get your shit kicked in by a complete stranger for calling him an "asshole" after he cuts you off.  Some of ya'll need to walk to Edmundson Ave in Baltimore or Nickerson Gardens in LA and see what happens if you call the cops on the dudes standing on the corners. It's hard to screech "poor escalation" when you're eating through a tube for six weeks.

@TonyMontana12 "Real criminals don't want to spend their life in jail and are not brain dead idiots"

This phrase alone shows that you have very little idea what we're talking about. The majority of real life criminals are in fact idiots, and while they don't want to spend their lives in jail, they certainly don't possess the impulse control to prevent it.

Look how many rappers pull guns on complete strangers for calling them a bitch. It's not about "planning" or "thinking" or "common sense". It's about impulse control; which many violent criminals lack.

Edited by NickyW
  • Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, NickyW said:

Listen buddy, I understand why "poor escalation" rules exist, right?

I get that it's in the interest of fairness, or fun, or whatever. That's fine. If that's why they exist, then cool.

My only point is that you can't use "well NOBODY IN REAL LIFE WOULD EVER DO THIS" as an argument because people in-fact do kill people in real life over stupid shit all the time. Not once in a lifetime, not "wow what a crazy headline"-blue moon events, but all the time.  If murder were justified, it wouldn't be fucking murder.

Though I do absolutely disagree with this. You can report it, because it's poor escalation, yeah. It's not DM'ing though. DM'ing is running around shooting people with no RP. That's what the word "deathmatching" means.

Tbh ya'll are lucky poor escalation is a rule on here. Again, IRL, you have to be very careful about what you say and who you say it to when you talk to people, because you can get your shit kicked in by a complete stranger for calling him an "asshole" after he cuts you off.  Some of ya'll need to walk to Edmundson Ave in Baltimore or Nickerson Gardens in LA and see what happens if you call the cops on the dudes standing on the corners. It's hard to screech "poor escalation" when you're eating through a tube for six weeks.

@TonyMontana12 "Real criminals don't want to spend their life in jail and are not brain dead idiots"

This phrase alone shows that you have very little idea what we're talking about. The majority of real life criminals are in fact idiots, and while they don't want to spend their lives in jail, they certainly don't possess the impulse control to prevent it.

Look how many rappers pull guns on complete strangers for calling them a bitch. It's not about "planning" or "thinking" or "common sense". It's about impulse control; which many violent criminals lack.

@NickyW The fact your assuming all criminals dumb just shows you are in fact DEFIETTTLY not as equip as you'd like to believe.
You'd be surprised how many drug dealers go to university JUST TO SELL THEIR DRUGS???
In fact, you'd be surprised at the things a smart criminal does full stop because you clearly have no fucking idea hahhaha
Dumb people don't set up organized crime units, I'm not talking street hoodlums - I'm talking actual ORGANISED crime, WHERE THE police EVEN respect these people for their brains and witts,,, So please Nicky - Wobble your head, back to reality mate, you know jack shit about criminals and the real world and it's showing you really do have no say in this mate.

How many rappers? One? Two? oNe Or Two Out of thE 1000000000 rappers?
Now if your still struggling to comprehend this, keep wobbling your head... cause eventually you gon' get it!

1 minute ago, TonyMontana12 said:

@NickyW The fact your assuming all criminals dumb just shows you are in fact DEFIETTTLY not as equip as you'd like to believe.
You'd be surprised how many drug dealers go to university JUST TO SELL THEIR DRUGS???
In fact, you'd be surprised at the things a smart criminal does full stop because you clearly have no fucking idea hahhaha
Dumb people don't set up organized crime units, I'm not talking street hoodlums - I'm talking actual ORGANISED crime, WHERE THE police EVEN respect these people for their brains and witts,,, So please Nicky - Wobble your head, back to reality mate, you know jack shit about criminals and the real world and it's showing you really do have no say in this mate.

How many rappers? One? Two? oNe Or Two Out of thE 1000000000 rappers?
Now if your still struggling to comprehend this, keep wobbling your head... cause eventually you gon' get it!

You'd be surprised how many drug dealers go to university JUST TO SELL THEIR DRUGS????

No I wouldn't; because I sold drugs in college so I know fairly well how it works and how common it is lmao.

Yeah, I would. But smart criminals are few and far between and they are a HUGE minority in violent street gangs. We're not talking about the mob here. We're talking about violent organizations that kill strangers.

Nobody in this thread is complaining about Joey Pepperoni shooting a civilian. Why even bring it up?

Wobble your head, back to reality mate, you know jack shit about criminals and the real world and it's showing you really do have no say in this mate.

Have you ever actually been to the United States? Have you interacted with criminals before? Have you interviewed them after they've murdered someone? Questioned robbery suspects, drug dealers, etc? Sat in on interrogations?

I've done all of those things. And that's just /after/ graduating college as part of my job. 

You're so out of your element, it's funny here. If you want to learn more about criminals and how they work? DM me, I'll be happy to help you out. I can tell you're interested; just a little lost.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, NickyW said:

Ya'll are letting your backgrounds show a little lmao

People get shot and killed over nothing in the US all the time dude. You get shot and killed for posting the wrong shit on Instagram. People get killed for rear-ending someone or flipping them off in traffic.

DM rules actually /restrict/ a lot of situations that would get you killed in real life. Ya'll should count yourselves lucky tbh.

OT: Civilians aren't snitches unless they're actively working with the police. Calling 911 isn't snitching unless you know the offender.

no they fucking don’t lmao

even in the most violent locations in the US, the murder rate is tiny compared to literally every other crime. If a gang dropped any bodies, the amount of attention is practically biblical.

murders are not some random occurrence that happens all the time. It’s rare. NYC, Los Angeles, Detroit, the leading cause of death is accidental, not homicide. Homicide is still a rare occurrence because killing another human is incredibly difficult and rare. Not to mention, incredibly stupid and likely to get you locked up for life.

Edited by KinnyWynny
11 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

no they fucking don’t lmao

even in the most violent locations in the US, the murder rate is tiny compared to literally every other crime. If a gang dropped any bodies, the amount of attention is practically biblical.

murders are not some random occurrence that happens all the time. It’s rare. NYC, Los Angeles, Detroit, the leading cause of death is accidental, not homicide. Homicide is still a rare occurrence because killing another human is incredibly difficult and rare. Not to mention, incredibly stupid and likely to get you locked up for life.

> the leading cause of death is accidental, not homicide

This absolutely isn't important at all. I have no idea why you decided to include it. Comparing the murder rate to other crimes or the murder rate to other cause of deaths has nothing to do with the conversation. Nobody's saying murder is the most dangerous thing in the US. We're just saying it happens a lot.

The cities you listed had: 468, 397, and 309 murders last year.  That's a LOT of bodies. For any one person, you're very unlikely to get murdered if you live in the US, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen a lot.

Killing another human can be difficult. It can also be incredibly easy. 

Murders are in fact random occurrences that happen all the time. Chicago has almost a thousand shootings already this year, and it's not even July yet.  There's been 550+ road rage shootings this year. That's shooting somebody because they cut you off in traffic.  53 people were murdered a DAY last year in the United States.

I also hate this idea that everyone here brings up that criminals aren't dumb enough to get LOCKED UP FOR LIFE. Yes...they are. That's why almost one-percent of the country is in prison right now. 

Seriously, do your own research. Go to your own city (if you live in the US), and look up "man killed for stupid reason" or "man killed for no reason". 

People kill their siblings for stealing their video games. People kill eachother for not saying thank you. The dumber the reason, the more rare it is, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

@KinnyWynny

Oh, and one more thing.

Twenty-four people were shot in Chicago this weekend in separate incidents of gang violence. This weekend. From Friday to Sunday.

Where's the "biblical attention" at? Nobody I know has even heard that this happened. Did you know? Is it on national news? State news, even?

Edited by NickyW
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, NickyW said:

> the leading cause of death is accidental, not homicide

This absolutely isn't important at all. I have no idea why you decided to include it. Comparing the murder rate to other crimes or the murder rate to other cause of deaths has nothing to do with the conversation. Nobody's saying murder is the most dangerous thing in the US. We're just saying it happens a lot.

The cities you listed had: 468, 397, and 309 murders last year.  That's a LOT of bodies. For any one person, you're very unlikely to get murdered if you live in the US, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen a lot.

Killing another human can be difficult. It can also be incredibly easy. 

Murders are in fact random occurrences that happen all the time. Chicago has almost a thousand shootings already this year, and it's not even July yet.  There's been 550+ road rage shootings this year. That's shooting somebody because they cut you off in traffic.  53 people were murdered a DAY last year in the United States.

I also hate this idea that everyone here brings up that criminals aren't dumb enough to get LOCKED UP FOR LIFE. Yes...they are. That's why almost one-percent of the country is in prison right now. 

Seriously, do your own research. Go to your own city (if you live in the US), and look up "man killed for stupid reason" or "man killed for no reason". 

People kill their siblings for stealing their video games. People kill eachother for not saying thank you. The dumber the reason, the more rare it is, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

400 is a lot of bodies for a city of 400k people, to a million.

We have 800 and we peak over those bodies in a week, tops.

We definitely have a homicide problem and it definitely is the leading cause of death in Los Santos.

If you wanted to know why I made that point in the first place. People pull out gats instead of bats, half of interactions lead into gunfights. And people shoot cops like it’s no big deal, because they OOCly know they can wipe out an entire shift of cops without a care in the world.

Its only getting worse.

Quality illegal roleplay needs snitches to keep things interesting and to eventually lead to quality investigative roleplay.

Quality investigative roleplay is nearly impossible to successfully pull off on this server. No witnesses will ever show up if they get murdered for simply calling 911 like any normal citizen would daily in the US. Most snitches don’t even get murdered if they’re state witnesses since the amount of scrutiny and protection you get is usually as a guarantee that you’re off the chopping block. Most snitches are murdered in very specific, rare circumstances where the attention from police is minimal.

Edited by KinnyWynny
  • Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

400 is a lot of bodies for a city of 400k people, to a million.

We have 800 and we peak over those bodies in a week, tops.

We definitely have a homicide problem and it definitely is the leading cause of death in Los Santos.

If you wanted to know why I made that point in the first place. People pull out gats instead of bats, half of interactions lead into gunfights. And people shoot cops like it’s no big deal, because they OOCly know they can wipe out an entire shift of cops without a care in the world.

Its only getting worse.

Quality illegal roleplay needs snitched to keep things interesting and to eventually lead to quality investigative roleplay.

Quality investigative roleplay is nearly impossible to successfully pull off on this server. No witnesses will ever show up if they get murdered for simply calling 911 like any normal citizen would daily in the US. Most snitches don’t even get murdered if they’re state witnesses since the amount of scrutiny and protection you get is usually s guarantee that you’re off the chopping block. Most snitches are murdered in very specific, rare circumstances where the attention from police is minimal.

Oh, I agree with you, dude. I don't deny that GTAW's crime-rate is ridiculously high. There's no way to defend how often people get murdered on there.

My only point is that the reasons behind those people getting murdered aren't as ridiculous as they seem.

The issue is that there's too many characters in LS that are mentally/emotionally capable of murder; not that they're coming up with bad reasons to kill people. Basically; it's not an escalation problem, it's a portrayal problem.

16 minutes ago, NickyW said:

No I wouldn't; because I sold drugs in college so I know fairly well how it works and how common it is lmao.

Yeah, I would. But smart criminals are few and far between and they are a HUGE minority in violent street gangs. We're not talking about the mob here. We're talking about violent organizations that kill strangers.

Nobody in this thread is complaining about Joey Pepperoni shooting a civilian. Why even bring it up?

Have you ever actually been to the United States? Have you interacted with criminals before? Have you interviewed them after they've murdered someone? Questioned robbery suspects, drug dealers, etc? Sat in on interrogations?

I've done all of those things. And that's just /after/ graduating college as part of my job. 

You're so out of your element, it's funny here. If you want to learn more about criminals and how they work? DM me, I'll be happy to help you out. I can tell you're interested; just a little lost.

Mate I have family members in prison FOR drug dealing, who owned his own business as a front, got done for a conspiracy charge... Do you think he had a below average IQ to set up all of that? 
My other uncle is litterarly in jail for murdering a cocaine dealer.... 
I have been too prison twice, I have LIVED in that environment personally, and have 45 convictions, granted... I found jesus, but you REALLY do not know about that life sir spongebob profile picture, and i'd wish you'd stop pretending you do because your words scream different, I don't believe your a cop not for a second, keep implying, no ones buying.
Your talking crud trying to prove your point but you still have no say on what happens in that life cause you don't know... The person who was at the murder(Self pro-claimed drug debt enforcer, atleast by the news) LITTERARLY called the police on him, turned up at court and gave evidence as he witnessed it.
That's the lower level dumb addict type crime, yep...

BUT, then my other uncle is in and all the police have is photos of him with bags of tiles(He owns a tiling company, police are claiming what he says was tiles was drugs) and he's on a "conspiracy" charge cause he hid his operation so well.... Is this still a dumb man? I mean he did it for the best part of 20 years before they caught up to him, whilst running his own company legally.

Both criminals, different agendas,,,

As i said, I'm not talking about 16 yr old hoodlums, I'm talking about ORGANISED CRIME, and the people at the top ain't dumb, your mistaken for thinking that, very mislead.

Keep wobbling your head, and as I said... STOP implying because nobodies buying, EVENTUALLY you'll get it!, maybe a few years down the line when you get transferred in your imaginary job to the prison and you have to live with these people then your like "ahhhhh their not all mindless robotic murders what the fuck!?!?"

• UTOPIA locked this topic