To snitch or not to snitch?

Olivia

People can be braindead when it comes to snitching on here the majority of the time. The amount of times I've witnessed someone get robbed at a gang hood, go across the road and call the police right in front of the gang that robbed them is pretty ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Dustyboi said:

People can be braindead when it comes to snitching on here the majority of the time. The amount of times I've witnessed someone get robbed at a gang hood, go across the road and call the police right in front of the gang that robbed them is pretty ridiculous. 

Absolutely. At this point you’re just asking for it. I’m the first one to defend a civilian calling the police because it’s a normal response if you’re not in that life, but for the love of god don’t be so obvious and brazen about it. A degree of common sense is all you need in that situation lol.

1 hour ago, Brofessor said:

It’s ironic how some criminal RP’ers use real life examples of violence and the criminal life to justify their actions in-game, but when a civilian uses the same justification for calling the police, which is a normal real life response, it’s “this isn’t real life, deal with it”. 

Funny how that works.

nobody does that.

Who are you referring to?

1 minute ago, pateuvasiliu said:

And? They shouldn't, here. No one's having fun being your 95th murder.

I’ve been here two years and I’ve killed one person lol

i just have an understanding of how the real world works, and in the real world; when you go up to violent criminals and say shit like “I’m gonna call the cops on you”, don’t be surprised when you get shot. 

Especially when in real life people get shot for serving the wrong order at McDonald’s. 

1 minute ago, NickyW said:

i just have an understanding of how the real world works,

But this isn't the real world. In the real world facial recognition and cameras and LAPD helicopters aren't disabled by God because it's not ''balanced'' or ''fun'' for the criminals.

And you showing some Florida Man shit where someone gets shot because the fries weren't crispy at McDo isn't much of an argument anyway. Crazy crimes exist, but it doesn't mean you should be emulating them because suddenly once in a lifetime events become another Tuesday.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Applaud 1

I mentioned it on the escalation thread but there are other consequences beyond getting extra heat  put on you by law enforcement for going after people who dial 911. Now, I'm new to the server, I spend a decent amount of time in Vespucci on my main but he isn't a 'local', so take this point with a grain of salt.

Constantly going after people who hit that phone dial is a great way to get a gang's own turf to turn on it. Gangs in the US don't operate the same as a cartel down in Colombia (And if they ever got to that point the Governor of San Andreas would activate the National Guard), the vast majority try to operate in a symbiotic relationship with whatever community they're attached too. One of the hardest aspects of gangs enforcement IRL is building a rapport with local communities to essentially turn their own neighbors in. That's not something done easy, but that's usually because the local gang provides something of note to the community. Protection, funding, guidance, something. They aren't just a clan of squatters.

If they don't, then frankly the gang's more likely that the local barber's going to run their shit with a shotgun anytime they try to get close to their shop. Or the guy who runs the local minimart is going to get his friends from Church, camp out on the roof with a bunch of M1 Carbines and lay down a lot of rounds on whoever comes to tell him 'no.'

Then again apparently vigilantism is bannable so... that might be why there isn't any pushback. I dunno. But there's a reason why here in the states we've got a saying known as 'fuck around and find out.'

• Applaud 1
  • UTOPIA locked this topic