To snitch or not to snitch?

Olivia

1 minute ago, Kucheras said:

half the time civilians call the police will for example, right outside of the sixes bar where a bunch of very known and very clearly illegal bikers / white factions hang out. If we’re to roleplay everything as you want, you should roleplay knowing that it’s a common occurrence in our city of Los santos to get killed for calling the police. Your character doesn’t NEED to call the police, you can just walk away. 

But IRL normal every day people don't witness murders and "just walk away" that's not how it goes, Amigo, that's the type of mentality which gives these factions bad names, they expect everyone to act like a criminal, but it's a bad unroleplay expectation, some people are here for the civilian life, you know?

Especially if you commit a crime I.E robbing a something off a civilian, then killing them for calling the police - That is actually pretty unroleplay.
"Oh shit robbed this guys head cam, best murder him so I don't get a fine in court for my foolish actions!"

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Muerta said:

If you're calling an ambulance I wouldn't consider it snitching. Answering questions from police authority with descriptions of who the culprit is, is snitching. Mind your business IC'ly if it doesn't concern you and you're good.

I get that's the mentality of criminals on the server. But people selling drugs, driving like maniacs and committing violent crimes in the area you live IS your business. A civi char should not be targeted  because 5 people thought it was a super idea to gun someone down with AR in the middle of the street. 

If you're not being discrete, you can't attack someone for reporting you to the police. 

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Muerta said:

If you're calling an ambulance I wouldn't consider it snitching. Answering questions from police authority with descriptions of who the culprit is, is snitching. Mind your business IC'ly if it doesn't concern you and you're good.

• Upvote 1

Honestly I call the cops as much as I can to piss off the criminals, to see if they're going to take responsibility for being criminals, sometimes I wonder if we're in the land of Pablo Escobar or in the US with all these guys shooting/killing for shitty reasons

8 minutes ago, Baguette said:

Honestly I call the cops as much as I can to piss off the criminals, to see if they're going to take responsibility for being criminals, sometimes I wonder if we're in the land of Pablo Escobar or in the US with all these guys shooting/killing for shitty reasons

bruh

A civilian can definitely be a snitch, but it's all very situational. If a civilian goes out of their way to find crime in order to report it, then they're a snitch. If a crime takes place in the eyes of a civilian and they decide to call the police? This is different. The term 'snitch' on this server is ridiculously overused as an excuse to gun another player down. This term should really primarily be used for illegal characters among themselves.

Calling a for an ambulance is not snitching, that's completely different to calling the police. The only time I can see this somewhat being classed as snitching is if somebody is calling an ambulance with the plan of having police arrive to investigate.

Players that target civilians for calling the police are 100% bringing themselves unnecessary heat when it comes to their "retaliation". I speak from experience when I say that I've seen characters murdered for calling 911 on somebody who knocked somebody out. It's simply poor escalation.

• Upvote 2
  • UTOPIA locked this topic