Have names turn grey soon as the player tabs out

damnbrah

Detailed Description
Right now a player's name turns grey after two minutes of being tabbed out. My suggestion is to have that name turn grey as soon as a player tabs out the game.

Relevant Commands/Items

None.

How will it benefit the server?
It'd show if a player purposely tabs out to avoid an IC situation and also lets other players know that the person they're trying to interact with is tabbed out and you don't have to wait for the name to turn grey to get your approval. It's not urgent or anything but it'd for sure benefit the server.

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

Its fine as it is now. If people are trying to get out of an IC situation by not responding, then report them.

Problem is if someone tries to avoid an IC situation by tabbing out we won't find out cause the nametag turns grey after TWO MINUTES.

12 minutes ago, Triple Seven said:

2 minutes is fair enough, this is text roleplay, stop rushing everything. people might need to look something up, translate something real quick, etc, even during situations. Nametags shouldn't need to become like sirens.

Mm use of reliance on translators is not allowed. But there are sometimes where I had to tab out to look up a word or two because I'm like "who tf uses this word" so I understand that, but it shouldn't take them that long to do it. 

Two minutes is fine, usually you're able to tell when they are stalling.

12 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

Mm use of reliance on translators is not allowed. But there are sometimes where I had to tab out to look up a word or two because I'm like "who tf uses this word" so I understand that, but it shouldn't take them that long to do it. 

Two minutes is fine, usually you're able to tell when they are stalling.

wouldn't call that reliance, point is simple, you need to give people time to type their response. If you can't wait 2 minutes, chances are your character was stupid enough to risk too much or the player is just impatient and doesn't want the interaction to carry any sort of weight and value for development.

• Upvote 1