Nuke inventories following logging to avoid punishments.

Detailed Description:
Bit wacky, but apparently it's an admin discretion thing, at least as pertaining to the staff member I asked. Add this as a requirement to such judgements. Delete weapons, drugs, masks, lockpicks and other items of interest when a player is punished for logging out of a situation so they don't feel as if it's worth it taking it on the chin over losing a script. Do that for powergaming reports of people running away from cops up mountains or logging out of shootouts while downed. I might not be aware if such is already a practice, but it should be. Hitting the almighty alt+F4 the moment things aren't going your way should impact you in more ways than a 15 minute ajail or a warning.

What's more, add it in big bold letters to the rules so people know.

How will it benefit the server?:
Stops people from logging out of situations when they stand to lose scripts they'll need to replenish later on. If a person doesn't have the integrity of seeing a roleplay situation to the end, whether they win or lose and the admin team's being taught to try and be lenient, this is a comfortable middle ground.

I often requested this to be done, but sadly it requires a L3 admin to delete shit so depending on availability it may or may not be possible and then there's the added issue of proving what they had on them at the time. If inventory items at time of disconnect/death could be stored in a temporary log that any admin can read, that would at least solve that issue and make it easier to request item deletion, and I'm sure it can be done. Not really sure it's worth the effort though? But wherever possible, it's certainly something I'd like to see done more often.

Edited by Moonsong

On owl admins had a command /disarm which was mostly used on people actively mass dming.

Would be good if a similar command could be added here to remove drugs, weapons and lockpicks from someone's inventory.

48 minutes ago, Junx said:

On owl admins had a command /disarm which was mostly used on people actively mass dming.

Would be good if a similar command could be added here to remove drugs, weapons and lockpicks from someone's inventory.

It's not needed, as it can be done via the ucp by a level3 admin. You can't just wipe someone's inventory after-the-fact without knowing what was on them at the time and where it is now.

19 hours ago, Moonsong said:

Not really sure it's worth the effort though?

I was under the assumption this was always done. Didn't know it had to be requested. It is worth the effort especially with low punishment times. Would you rather lose a gun that cost you 25k? (that you spent 5 hours getting?) or take a 15 min ajail.

18 minutes ago, shotgun_sam said:

I was under the assumption this was always done. Didn't know it had to be requested. It is worth the effort especially with low punishment times. Would you rather lose a gun that cost you 25k? (that you spent 5 hours getting?) or take a 15 min ajail.

Oh I agree, it should be done but it's not always possible to do it quickly depending on L3 availability (it may be l2 now I'm not sure). But I said it might not be worth the effort, since it'd be a lot of extra work to implement something more streamlined and the overall benefit may not be worth the time it'd take to code, when everything can technically be done already with a little investigation.

Edited by Moonsong

Hm. It's level 2 now, and even if level 3 is needed - we have a ton of active ones to wipe money at least or get logs.

I do this in some cases, but my punishments are usually harsher than just ajails, so I don't really remove the items.

There's also times where I don't even think to remove the items, it doesn't cross my brain. 

It wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing to implement. I can see that some people might take the L to keep a gun, and that's just.. mind-blowing but also probably true.

But it definitely depends on the situation. If someone is DMing, yes, probably take it. If someone did not DM and broke the rules, also happened to have a pistol on them, probably won't take it.

2 hours ago, Wuhtah said:

[...] so I don't really remove the items.

There's also times where I don't even think to remove the items, it doesn't cross my brain.

[...]

I find this quite odd. Considering they would ICly not have gotten the items if they roleplayed properly (robbery against the rules for example) or ICly have lost the items if the situation had played out ("losing power or wifi or computer crashing" at the most opportune moment), or OOCly cannot be trusted with an item if they use it to DM for example. Isn't the first thing that comes to mind correcting ownership of things they gained or kept unrealistically? Maybe that's just me. Even with a harsher punishment you hand out, the items should still be removed, in 100% of proven cases of logging to avoid or deathmatching etc. Otherwise, like you said, there's always those that see a benefit in it.

Edited by Triple Seven
grammar
1 minute ago, Triple Seven said:

I find this quite odd. Considering they would ICly not have gotten the items if they roleplayed properly (robbery against the rules for example) or ICly have lost the items if the situation had played out ("losing power or wifi or computer crashing" at the most opportune moment), or OOCly cannot be trusted with an item if they use it to DM for example. Isn't the first thing that comes to mind correcting ownership of things they gained or kept unrealistically? Maybe that's just me. Even with a harsher punishment you hand out, the items should still be removed, in 100% of proven cases of logging to avoid or deathmatching etc. Otherwise, like you said, there's always those that see a benefit in it.

When it's specifically related to items, yep!

We actually tell the players via forum reports to ask for the refund. If the items are still on the reporting party, we do in fact delete them or yoink them, depending if in a property or on the character.