Lack of labor laws in-game

It seems OP intended to ask why San Andreas lacks legislation establishing termination or employment standards; from what I could glean in his replies, I do not think OP meant "labor laws" in the broadest sense.  In any event, as the OP correctly pointed out, San Andreas remains at-will for non-unionized workplaces; and the Labor Relations Act 2021 does not change that because its provisions in the employment domain apply only to unionized workplaces (LRA's provisions regarding occupational hazards are not employment laws — they are regulatory and in the occupational health and safety domain; it would be misleading and misusing semantics to contend otherwise).

As to standards that apply to all workplaces, there was an attempt made not long ago, but that proposal — namely, the Employment Termination Standards Act 2021 — did not make it out of committee for a vote.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Midsummer Night's Dream said:

It seems OP intended to ask why San Andreas lacks legislation establishing termination or employment standards; from what I could glean in his replies, I do not think OP meant "labor laws" in the broadest sense.  In any event, as the OP correctly pointed out, San Andreas remains at-will for non-unionized workplaces; and the Labor Relations Act 2021 does not change that because its provisions in the employment domain apply only to unionized workplaces (LRA's provisions regarding occupational hazards are not employment laws — they are regulatory and in the occupational health and safety domain; it would be misleading and misusing semantics to contend otherwise).

As to standards that apply to all workplaces, there was an attempt made not long ago, but that proposal — namely, the Employment Termination Standards Act 2021 — did not make it out of committee for a vote.

I didn't realize there was a proposal very interesting but it makes sense why it was voted down.

On 6/27/2022 at 3:16 AM, mj2002 said:

I mean there's plenty that prevents it. Almost all businesses skip over roleplay related to actually running a business and managing the workers beyond "Show up at this time , do a shift for an hour or two, and you'll be paid". That makes it much harder to find a reason for unions to exist. The best shot would probably be trucking companies, but their workers are generally a little fleeting.

And all it takes is all 8 workers to work together and form a union if treatment is unjust, in any way.

What will they do, fire them all? Most businesses try their best to retain their employees, as it's challenging to find long-term employees within the average business... most people just labour one shift and then never return.

Imagine having district-based unions or labour-related unions... Union of Bartenders, Cashiers, Strippers (existed at one point... strippers worked together to regulate prices, and they managed to force all of the strip clubs to raise their prices as 90% of the strippers all agreed to a set price, all over S.A.) etc...

Edited by DLimit