Lack of labor laws in-game

Yep, we've had labor laws for a very long time now, and we have multiple active unions. Especially SAPA is involved in this, but we've got more unions than just theirs. The act that was posted above has been updated and amended pretty regularly over past, I dunno, year and a half? 

These are labor laws. They cover labor relations, collective bargaining, OSHA standards, and establish an office within the government dedicated to labor issues. If you had additional suggestions I suggest you contact a senator.

• Upvote 2
On 6/26/2022 at 3:42 AM, DLimit said:

Nothing prevents workers from forming a union.

I mean there's plenty that prevents it. Almost all businesses skip over roleplay related to actually running a business and managing the workers beyond "Show up at this time , do a shift for an hour or two, and you'll be paid". That makes it much harder to find a reason for unions to exist. The best shot would probably be trucking companies, but their workers are generally a little fleeting.

On 6/24/2022 at 8:11 PM, Eriks said:

These are labor laws. They cover labor relations, collective bargaining, OSHA standards, and establish an office within the government dedicated to labor issues. If you had additional suggestions I suggest you contact a senator.

They're too preoccupied with Roe vs Wade kek.

16 hours ago, GothAngelSinner said:

They're too preoccupied with Roe vs Wade kek.

I mean there's plenty of other bills being pushed through right now. Its just the two abortion acts are getting the publicity since, well, they're the most controversial. If you write to or contact a senator with an idea to strengthen labour laws, I'm sure they'll listen; if they agree, I'm sure they'll try to push something through too.

• Upvote 2

The US doesnt technically have codified labor laws like in other jurisdictions governing unfair dismissal. Hence why most businesses or companies specify the 'at will clause in their contracts. Means dismissal can occur for any reason unless you are having a unionized workforce then it is a different issue. There is no federal law against unjust discharge (dismissal )and most states also have no law with full protection against wrongful termination of employment. But there are federal laws that protect the employees from discrimination of any sort but in terms of unfair dismissal or constructive dismissal, there are none.

Edited by JohnGili
Typos

I always urge people to contact their IC senators. Get their GTA W profile username and send them a PM in the form of an IC email. We all have public contact emails.

Now, I could probably only see two things with this.

1. Myself, I might need help from others in regards to unions and whatnot as I’m not so familiar. Ofc we don’t all know everything. If anyone has ideas, I urge them to outline those ideas that senators can work with. Writing legislation can be tricky.

or 2. Maybe there’s a lot of labor laws that might not truly be applicable?

Those are my thoughts. Not sure why people are trying to diss the faction because they’re doing what their RP is about. Let’s not derail yet another thread.

But that basically concludes it, like others have said, reach out and take it IC. It’s way more fun that way.