Remove "good cause" requirement for CCW, following SCOTUS ruling

Kappaurel

For all I know the "good cause" regulation was mandated by LFM and panda man. Back when it was challenged through in-character means and the LSPD sued, it was shut down because of the fact it was a purely OOC measurement. And it will most likely be the same here, and not change.

6 minutes ago, Dingus said:

This is a conflict of realism vs server health.

More guns on the server will not increase the quality of roleplay, therefore it should not be done.

Getting a PF is already easy enough, CCW requires some level of effort.

4 minutes ago, Dingus said:

This is a conflict of realism vs server health.

More guns on the server will not increase the quality of roleplay, therefore it should not be done.

So many people on the server have illegal guns according to what I see. What this 'good cause' measure does is cripple law abiding citizens in-character from having the potential to protect themselves. The United States' politics and our lore of San Andreas allows a citizen to bear arms pursuant to the second amendment. Therefore, I believe that the ruling from SCOTUS needs to be adhered to. Like previously mentioned, the issue is not with the accessibility of guns but rather people being able to make flimsy excuses to start shooting someone alongside other escalation issues. The 'good cause' measure affects one side only, the law abiding citizen characters. My character has had the ability to carry since he acquired his licenses beforehand, but I would be very frustrated if I had to satisfy a subjective 'good cause' argument.

• Upvote 7
15 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Wrong. Most issues on the server are caused by illegally obtained guns not by CCWs. Arrests on CCW wielders are quite rare, because they don't generally misuse their weapon. Meanwhile the player report section is full of players with illegally obtained guns.

This is necessary because the average civilian on GTAW is a helpless victim just waiting to be preyed on.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
1 minute ago, Zani said:

So many people on the server have illegal guns according to what I see. What this 'good cause' measure does is cripple law abiding citizens in-character from having the potential to protect themselves. The United States' politics and our lore of San Andreas allows a citizen to bear arms pursuant to the second amendment. Therefore, I believe that the ruling from SCOTUS needs to be adhered to. Like previously mentioned, the issue is not with the accessibility of guns but rather people being able to make flimsy excuses to start shooting someone alongside other escalation issues. The 'good cause' measure affects one side only, the law abiding citizen characters. My character has had the ability to carry since he acquired his licenses beforehand, but I would be very frustrated if I had to satisfy a subjective 'good cause' argument.

literally this. You have to jump through several hoops. Been a victim of kidnapping and multiple robberies? It gets denied or they ask for a crime number which you often don't have as it doesn't exist since it was resolved via a 9-1-1 call.

24 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

It's not unreasonable to think that more guns is a bad thing. Might be more realistic.

The clusterfuck does not come from the guns. It comes from the unrealistic escalation culture on the server, and lack of permanent banning for the people who repeatedly violate the rules.

Doesn't work when majority of the holders of firearms aren't capable of playing properly, unfortunately. 

• Shanks locked this topic