Remove "good cause" requirement for CCW, following SCOTUS ruling

Kappaurel

5 minutes ago, Jaz said:

It's an infinite supply of legal firearms (With monthly restrictions). The point is, you get caught with a legal gun, there's no issues, you get caught with an easily accessed illegal firearm, you get into a bunch of trouble.

Legal firearms are meant to be difficult to obtain, to prevent abuse as well as suitable people obtaining them who don't have the intent to play superhero. 

Read what you said and then read it again, it's still going to make 0 sense.

Why would there be issues for getting 'caught' with a legal gun when its a LEGAL gun and you aren't engaging in crime? Of course you're going to get into trouble if you're caught with an ILLEGAL firearm on you, that's kind of the entire point, there is this thing called penal code, it has laws in it, people are expected to follow laws, they're like rules.

Why are legal firearms meant to be difficult to obtain? Are you seriously delusional enough to think that illegal firearms should be accessible more easily than legal ones, even if without CCW? Your point makes 0 sense, players with illegal guns can abuse them just as easily, and there is no way to make sure there are suitable people obtaining them who dont have the intent to play supervillains lol. 

2 hours ago, Jaz said:

The key reasoning on why we should keep good cause is to prevent just that, vigilantism, where someone can easily get a legal firearm intentionally driving around with the intent to 'save' people. It's happened, and it was previously a serious issue hence the introduction of the good cause in the first place.

The good cause is there so people who actually can justify having a CCW, get one. It's difficult, and that's what the intention was. 

Here’s a thought. Punish the people properly who engage in that shit vigilante RP instead gate keeping the entire legal side of the server? Stop verbally warning the cat-eared vigilante who chased someone on foot just because they have a gun. BAN them. 

“We can’t have that because some people are going to abuse it”. How about deal with the problem makers instead of just grouping everyone into the same bad barrel? It’s really the attitude that helps cause so many problems to begin with on this server.

Edited by Brofessor
21 minutes ago, Shokkoth said:

Why would there be issues for getting 'caught' with a legal gun when its a LEGAL gun and you aren't engaging in crime? Of course you're going to get into trouble if you're caught with an ILLEGAL firearm on you, that's kind of the entire point, there is this thing called penal code, it has laws in it, people are expected to follow laws, they're like rules.

Why are legal firearms meant to be difficult to obtain? Are you seriously delusional enough to think that illegal firearms should be accessible more easily than legal ones, even if without CCW? Your point makes 0 sense, players with illegal guns can abuse them just as easily, and there is no way to make sure there are suitable people obtaining them who dont have the intent to play supervillains lol. 

This is generally the case in any state or city with strict gun laws, criminals get them while law abiding citizens don’t. In a state like California it’s ten times easier for a gang member to get a shitty throwaway gun for ninety bucks than your average law abiding citizen to legally purchase a firearm. I don’t think this is replicated enough on the server because 75 percent of the server knows virtually nothing about guns or American gun laws. 

Even though I haven’t done street gang rp in quite a while, if it’s anything close to when I did there’s not enough cheap guns on the streets. You shouldn’t have to loot after shootouts or go to Vinewood to pay a mafioso 85k to get a gun as a gang member. 

23 minutes ago, Shokkoth said:

Could you not call me delusional? 

It's insulting. 

So let us break this down. A gun, weapon designed for defence and offense, depending on situation right?

Alright, that checks out. "Sir and/or ma'am successfully deterred a mugger from commiting a crime of mugging or a robbery, by properly using their gun."

Checks out? No it doesn't.

A - Flashing your gun rarely scares criminal on the server away, no it incites them, filing for either CK against said civilian or calling even more buddies to snatch that gun.

B - Firing potentially wounding said mugger, if they are in a gang, as soon as they are able to make a call they will and gang will start looking for said civilian, ending in either PK or CK.

C - Victim fires at mugger killing them, good job, it's done victim won, psychiatrists won too, cause victim will be paying them lot of money to fix their damaged brain, unless we are in a game and they shrug it off.

See where I am getting at? Guns and Management are not the problem, players are. And always were the problem here. They way they are roleplaying is the problem here.

Fix that first.

Edited by Engelbert
1 hour ago, Jaz said:

It's an infinite supply of legal firearms (With monthly restrictions). The point is, you get caught with a legal gun, there's no issues, you get caught with an easily accessed illegal firearm, you get into a bunch of trouble.

Legal firearms are meant to be difficult to obtain, to prevent abuse as well as suitable people obtaining them who don't have the intent to play superhero. 

That is not really true. You get caught with an easily accessed illegal firearm? As long as it's just a pistol, and you are not a felon previously?

evcKUmN.png

3 hours in prison. which you will turn into barely 1 hour with the x3 time.

2 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

That is not really true. You get caught with an easily accessed illegal firearm? As long as it's just a pistol, and you are not a felon previously?

evcKUmN.png

3 hours in prison. which you will turn into barely 1 hour with the x3 time.

Stops you from ever obtaining a legal one tho.

38 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

So let us break this down. A gun, weapon designed for defence and offense, depending on situation right?

Alright, that checks out. "Sir and/or ma'am successfully deterred a mugger from commiting a crime of mugging or a robbery, by properly using their gun."

Checks out? No it doesn't.

A - Flashing your gun rarely scares criminal on the server away, no it incites them, filing for either CK against said civilian or calling even more buddies to snatch that gun.

B - Firing potentially wounding said mugger, if they are in a gang, as soon as they are able to make a call they will and gang will start looking for said civilian, ending in either PK or CK.

C - Victim fires at mugger killing them, good job, it's done victim won, psychiatrists won too, cause victim will be paying them lot of money to fix their damaged brain, unless we are in a game and they shrug it off.

See where I am getting at? Guns and Management are not the problem, players are. And always were the problem here. They way they are roleplaying is the problem here.

Fix that first.

That's actually a VERY GOOD description of the three scenarios that are possible. It is incredible IFM is accepting CKs for self-defense situations, honestly, but they really are. Some random kid from (X place) whose highest achievement in the server has been getting 3 ajails, will have your 2000 hours character CKed cause they failed at mugging you.

Honestly, my recomendation for ALL civilians who defend themselves with a gun? Always try to go for option C. Then make sure to roleplay the trauma accordingly, but... at least you won't lose your character.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Stops you from ever obtaining a legal one tho.

Not really either LOL, just wait 3 months and have it expunged LMFAO.

If you are a legal player who is suffering from FLD gatekeeping due to lack of good cause for a CCW (this isn't on FLD though, they are forced to act this way), your best options are:

A - Get your PF and avoid getting caught concealed-carrying, meanwhile get as many PF guns as you can. When cops retire your PF license, they nearly never put the effort in recovering the guns you may own.

B - Simply get illegal guns. You don't even need to try too hard, you can get each piece for around 15-20k. Even if you are a legal character, it is not difficult at all.

If you don't do either of these? Good luck being a walking money bag for illegals.

Well I must admit, I don'y do either, because I rp my characters like that. If it's a mugging, my characters will simply comply. However I cannot add every mugging, robbery and car theft to my character's storybook, cause I wouldn't write about anything else at times. It isn't that bad. I encourage people to spend more times outdoors. Sure there is always a high chance someone will rob you or something, but that's server reality we have to live with. I simply accepted it. 

• Shanks locked this topic