Remove "good cause" requirement for CCW, following SCOTUS ruling

Kappaurel

6 hours ago, dollar said:

This subject of this topic, if accepted, would lead to anyone getting access to guns as opposed to the current state of the gun market.

No it won't? The people who want CCWs already have guns and their PF licenses.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, dollar said:

That's like me asking you if we should just completely remove guns. This subject of this topic, if accepted, would lead to anyone getting access to guns as opposed to the current state of the gun market. Getting even a shot to become a illegal firearms supplier is a rigorous process.

No it won't. You still have to apply for the PF/CCW but the right to bear arms should not be subject to any government agency or official to decide. It is complete nonsense for a "good cause" clause in the licensing requirements. A person wanting to arm and protect themselves shouldn't need an active threat to their life or safety as a reason for pursuing such licenses. Not only that, but let's be real none of the people in the LSPD's FLD division are in real life professionals and actually understand what "good cause" means. It's just used as a way to prevent certain people from receiving the license. I have personally seen someone denied for their reasoning and a friend or person who is a cop on an alt character approved for a similar reason shortly after. Pretty much the same as allowing FLD to ban a person from applying for a PF gun for 3+ months at a time because they were admin kicked, warned or prisoned. Essentially administrating the server but moving onto the actual topic, "good cause" should definitely be removed following the SCOTUS ruling. States like California, New Jersey and New York are actively amending their licensing procedure to fall in line with the ruling and since SA is a state in the USA, we should aswell. 

The voided cases were more than 2 years ago. Under a very old leadership that is long gone.

The server and courts itself changed quite a bit in 2 years also. No longer do we see 4-5 paused or voided cases each week. A lot more is left IC rn.

IC issue until it is not. Gov and FLD should abide by the new rules until LFM tells them to ignore the new rules.

I never had a gun on the server, apart from one case. Never needed one and never will need one, on my civilian character.

People know well, that scaring off a mugger by flashing their piece, will not really scare them off. They will go away, but return shortly with more people, cause now they know, you have a gun. Only thing people achieved like that was telling muggers, that they have something of value on them.

Cause you wouldn't pull it anyway if they aimed their at you, would you?

Also senate passed a bill to regulate fireams, not to have more of them out there.

14 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

I am willing to bet that I can find you 10 successful reports on illegal gun owners for every 1 report on a CCW owner you can bring up.

The high crime rate and gun ownership on the server is NOT due to civilians. Don't try to spin this as if civilians are shooting each other with their CCWs daily because that shit just doesn't happen. I've seen maybe one or two arrests for SHAFT code violation since 2019.

Of course, because the ratio is probably 10:1 regardless when we talk about illegal gun holders and CCW holders. The rules for obtaining CCW are very strict right now, therefore there are more illegal guns being distributed than CCW guns. It's just common sense lmao. But if you lower the requirements and balance the scales, you'll immediately see more people reporting CCW holders. You'll also see more robbery squads riding around trying to find CCW holders to obtain guns. Your logic does not make any sense. This change does not solve anything unless the RP standard as a whole is raised. It's like giving out loaded handguns to three year old kids and saying "yeah, that'll sure protect them".

Edited by sCrax
  • Upvote 1

The good cause requirement is vital, yes, it requires effort but that's the reasoning behind it. It doesn't 'decrease' the amount of firearms in the server, as that's down to the purchase firearms license.

The key reasoning on why we should keep good cause is to prevent just that, vigilantism, where someone can easily get a legal firearm intentionally driving around with the intent to 'save' people. It's happened, and it was previously a serious issue hence the introduction of the good cause in the first place.

The good cause is there so people who actually can justify having a CCW, get one. It's difficult, and that's what the intention was. 

• Upvote 2
  • Shanks locked this topic