Remove "good cause" requirement for CCW, following SCOTUS ruling

Kappaurel

26 minutes ago, imi said:

I mean gun access are limited for civilians because generally they're used in quite an odd fashion, the waves of vigilantism are eyebrow raising and everyone (especially characters which really shouldn't be) become heroes when given a gun. In a perfect world, a gun is a vehicle for roleplay, this is where the illegal scene derives interesting roleplay from, being criminals and all. I don't think expanding gun access would be healthy for the server, even if it makes the system more realistic, the current gun restrictions and drug restrictions IC are already a stone throw away from California's policies.

The fact is that gun access for civilians is not limited. It's only limited to players on the legal side of things. Not only is your point of view wrong, but so is your definition of a civilian. A civilian is any person who isn't in the armed forces or police forces. Criminals are civilians and yet they are not limited.

5 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

It makes no sense for the state to deny its citizens CCWs when it is quite clear that even the cops don't have a good hold on the streets ( getting gunned down in Vespucci and Davis on the regular ). Dozens of cops die every month, which compared to the population leads to colossal ratios compared to the real Los Angeles.

It never made sense to me that FLD asks why you need a CCW.  " I'm afraid for my life " is more than enough. House break ins, kidnappings and murder are a COMMON thing on our server/in our city. No one's gonna have time to pull their PF out of the locked glovebox when someone's coming to kill/rob/kidnap you.

THis

and remove the 2 legal gun a month limit. It’s insane that legal RPers are limited in their gun purchases but illegals aren’t 

Edited by Thurston Howl
39 minutes ago, imi said:

I mean gun access are limited for civilians because generally they're used in quite an odd fashion, the waves of vigilantism are eyebrow raising and everyone (especially characters which really shouldn't be) become heroes when given a gun

Bruh what are you on about, do you have any idea how many minor characters we see gunning down cops and driving at speeds of 120 mph?

Just now, pateuvasiliu said:

Bruh what are you on about, do you have any idea how many minor characters we see gunning down cops and driving at speeds of 120 mph?

So is the answer to this to give every single person on the street more guns? I guess they say an armed society is a polite one, but we both know more guns are simply going to further the deathmatching problem rather than alleviate it.

3 minutes ago, imi said:

So is the answer to this to give every single person on the street more guns? I guess they say an armed society is a polite one, but we both know more guns are simply going to further the deathmatching problem rather than alleviate it.

Why should legal civilian roleplay suffer because of a group that is completely separate from them?

And this is a complete myth, CCW wielders rarely if ever engage in DMing. A quick look at the player report forum should show you who usually gets punished for DMing.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
3 minutes ago, imi said:

So what youre saying is that because a small group of people decided to play vigilantes (which is an IC thing as it's in the penal code), all legal roleplayers should suffer, but when illegal roleplayers DM eachother breaking half the server rules that's completely OK because they're criminals, it's what they do?

Just now, pateuvasiliu said:

Why should legal civilian roleplay suffer because of a group that is completely separate from them?

And how exactly will giving more civilians firearms stop them suffering (a point I dispute anyway). Rather robberies will increase as criminals will now know that whilst people /may/ not have a gun on them, the culture of the server will mean most of time the person your robbing will have a firearm. People tend to seek out a firearm before robbing anything else, that's the high value target they want. This will lead to more questionable robberies, vigilantism, and more CKs of both criminals and civilian roleplayers for fail roleplay whilst being held at gunpoint. 

1 minute ago, imi said:

And how exactly will giving more civilians firearms stop them suffering (a point I dispute anyway). Rather robberies will increase as criminals will now know that whilst people /may/ not have a gun on them

Why do we have Police and laws if crime will happen anyway? This is a doomer attitude. Giving people the means to defend themselves does not INCREASE crime, it LOWERS it, because now a robbery can go awful wrong for the criminal. The issue here, which you have emphasised, is that criminals don't FEAR a robbery gone wrong. You want crime to go lower? Start throwing CKs for poor robberies/shootouts and increase punishments for gun crime. 

But by no means should civilian roleplayers suffer and be discarded as 'victim roleplay' because our legal system is crap.

I strongly suggest you watch this movie 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Guy

Which perfectly shows you a world of victim NPCs CREATED so that players can rob them for fun. Do NOT turn civilian roleplay into that, it's already suffered for years.

1 minute ago, imi said:

And how exactly will giving more civilians firearms stop them suffering (a point I dispute anyway). Rather robberies will increase as criminals will now know that whilst people /may/ not have a gun on them, the culture of the server will mean most of time the person your robbing will have a firearm. People tend to seek out a firearm before robbing anything else, that's the high value target they want. This will lead to more questionable robberies, vigilantism, and more CKs of both criminals and civilian roleplayers for fail roleplay whilst being held at gunpoint. 

So legal players should not be able to carry firearms because illegal players cannot be trusted to roleplay fear of possibly robbing an armed person who can shoot them in the head? Makes sense

• Upvote 1
  • Shanks locked this topic