Remove "good cause" requirement for CCW, following SCOTUS ruling

Kappaurel

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

The CCW was made more difficult because of "vigilante" roleplay as far as I could tell, not because of deathmatching. So just start punishing people for unrealistic portrayal if they go vigilante mode or something. Someone who intents to deathmatch  isn't gonna go "Hmm... So I have access to guns through my PF license, but perhaps I should get that CCW too before I go on my deathmatch spree. Wouldn't want to get in trouble with local law enforcement once I finished my spree!"

Goes to show how much damage one cat ear wearing vigilante can do to an entire community and how fast admins jumped the gun on this non-issue.

Then apply perma ban for Vigilantes and that's it.

unknown.png

Its because of people like this, why the rest of us cant have nice things.

Good cause should be lifted and semi automatic rifles should be added as PF weapons, or at least under an endorsement considering criminals run around with fully automatic weapons and sniper rifles.

2 hours ago, KinnyWynny said:

this hasn’t changed, and unless PKs are going out the window, putting more guns, more powerful guns at that, even in strictly legal hands is just going to lead to more shootouts. not less. getting blasted by a legal rifle will just leave you PKed so you can try it again the next day. eventually those legal rifles will be robbed and targeted.

mr paramedicine hit the nail on the head lol

dont even try to give anybody anything besides handguns. if anything, fix the shotguns and make them usable. rifles are just gonna get targeted and people can and will oocly find out who the owners are just to try and get them.

if the argument is about citizens protecting themselves, revise the stance of server management on militia and neighbourhood-watch type factions, revise escalation and give official rulings and revise fear rp in a sensible matter

doesnt matter whether you got a gat on you or not, its always somebody pasting an emote and holding rightclick with the usual 

tenor_22.gif

Edited by AlphaBatal
6 minutes ago, Xaleya said:

Then apply perma ban for Vigilantes and that's it.

Vigilantism is illegal under the San Andreas Penal Code and is punishable by jail time.  Vigilantism should be handled ICly, so if your life is not being directly threatened than you should be arrested and found liable for any injuries or deaths caused by your usage of a firearm. Firearms are a last resort. 

5 minutes ago, Bauer said:

absolutely not

How Dare you ? I want a CCw to Protect my kids . Matter fact ? I want A fully automatic Carbine rifle Mk 2.

(it's a no from me)

This will add a large surplus of weapons entering both the legal and illegal community. Robberies will spike to all time high. Everyone and their dog will have a pistol & I'm pretty sure this is gonna combat Nervous' plan to lower the amount of crime on the server(?).

Edited by dollar
8 minutes ago, dollar said:

How Dare you ? I want a CCw to Protect my kids . Matter fact ? I want A fully automatic Carbine rifle Mk 2.

(it's a no from me)

This will add a large surplus of weapons entering both the legal and illegal community. Robberies will spike to all time high. Everyone and their dog will have a pistol & I'm pretty sure this is gonna combat Nervous' plan to lower the amount of crime on the server(?).

The crime is rampant, doesn't matter if its a wealthy zone with tons of cameras or Davis. It's all the same

Edited by Xaleya
1 minute ago, Xaleya said:

The crime is rampant, doesn't matter if its a wealthy zone with tons of cameras or Davis. It's all the same

OK and do you think adding more guns into the equation, whether they would actually be used for illegal or legal purposes, would decrease the amount of crime and/or just murders occurring? Is your objective to arm all civilians so everyone can be a cop and combat crime? I'm not getting your point here.

3 minutes ago, dollar said:

OK and do you think adding more guns into the equation, whether they would actually be used for illegal or legal purposes, would decrease the amount of crime and/or just murders occurring? Is your objective to arm all civilians so everyone can be a cop and combat crime? I'm not getting your point here.

Are you saying illegal suppliers should be removed as they add more guns into the equation?

• Shanks locked this topic