Remove "good cause" requirement for CCW, following SCOTUS ruling

Kappaurel

CCW's have little to no effect on illegal players. A player with a CCW is 9/10 not running around Deathmatching.

I cannot fathom how people beg for OOC intervention based on a topic that is inherently opinion based IRL.

Gun talk has always been "Restrict guns so criminals don't have them" or "Allow more guns for self defense"... Its ironic that we'd remove these debates from the IC scene and suggest that we step even further back from role-playing by applying OOC limitations to something that isn't even an issue.

Once again, the players with CCW's arnt the one running amuck shooting people.. and the ones that are shooting people are not always Dming. But rather following that life of violence.

With well over 2500 hours, I've never shot anyone in GTAW, or even shot a gun for that matter. I've also only been shot once due to a CK, and have never been really involved..

Whats the issue with people with NO record applying to have a firearm??????

1 hour ago, KinnyWynny said:

no offense but this is a very flimsy argument. 

this server uses ajails for poor escalation, not bans. we have almost daily major gunfights in every corner of the map, the amount of gunshot related calls has recently exploded.

this hasn’t changed, and unless PKs are going out the window, putting more guns, more powerful guns at that, even in strictly legal hands is just going to lead to more shootouts. not less. getting blasted by a legal rifle will just leave you PKed so you can try it again the next day. eventually those legal rifles will be robbed and targeted.

you can’t change a culture very easily. but god damn would life be a lot easier for everyone’s roleplay if everyone didn’t have a very easily used glock with no repurcussions if they lose the gunfight.

guns are definitely the fucking issue. they just cause way too much damage compared to a brawl or a stabbing that emergency services are always overwhelmed when they happen.

Every bit of this is an IC issue... I can think of maybe 29 different ways you handle "explosion" in crime...... None of them include restricting blatantly obvious IC events.

The CCW was made more difficult because of "vigilante" roleplay as far as I could tell, not because of deathmatching. So just start punishing people for unrealistic portrayal if they go vigilante mode or something. Someone who intents to deathmatch  isn't gonna go "Hmm... So I have access to guns through my PF license, but perhaps I should get that CCW too before I go on my deathmatch spree. Wouldn't want to get in trouble with local law enforcement once I finished my spree!"

Goes to show how much damage one cat ear wearing vigilante can do to an entire community and how fast admins jumped the gun on this non-issue.

Edited by Martyn
  • Upvote 2
Just now, Chloe_Diaz said:

Every bit of this is an IC issue... I can think of maybe 29 different ways you handle "explosion" in crime...... None of them include restricting blatantly obvious IC events.

oh i don’t disagree i’m just saying, legal guns won’t fix rampant server violence. there is no sustainable fix as long as PKs are a thing

in all seriousness i wanna own a legal rifle 

9 minutes ago, Martyn said:

The CCW was made more difficult because of "vigilante" roleplay as far as I could tell

Why is it realistic for (M) gang to driveby people but when CCW holders pull out their gun to defend their fellow man it's suddenly an issue?

If the staff pays more attention to the latter than 15 year olds shooting rifles at cops maybe we got our priorities wrong.

Edited by pateuvasiliu

I agree with this. CCW's shouldn't be restricted if you're a valid PF license holder. By concealing a weapon you're not brandishing it about to cause any alarm to the general public. You should always exercise caution when interacting with police and alert them that you have a concealed weapon when making contact, and only brandish the firearm when in a life threatening situation. Use common sense. 

43 minutes ago, ShadowNG said:

source: trust me bro

It's both cheaper and faster. PF and CCW licenses have costs associated with them, which brings a 10,000 gun around the same price as an illegal one. Not to mention the time you spend writing paperwork and applications and taking the exam.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 1
  • Shanks locked this topic