Remove "good cause" requirement for CCW, following SCOTUS ruling

Kappaurel

Hey! @Kappaurelspeaking on behalf of FLD, we're already speaking with LFM and server management about the ruling and if there are any OOC restrictions they plan to put in place regarding it before we make moves ICly to liaise with state government about what the plan is to reform in accordance with the ruling.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 2
2 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

So you can't use real life logic and examples in dictating how things go here.

And what should we use exactly? Agendas? The only reason to keep the civilians unarmed in what is basically Night City is because you WANT them to be prey. Which is fucked up.

7 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

And what should we use exactly? Agendas? The only reason to keep the civilians unarmed in what is basically Night City is because you WANT them to be prey. Which is fucked up.

You don't fix a gun problem by adding even more guns.

12 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

I don't know. I'm not on the admin team. And I don't know what Night City is. You missed the point of what I said anyways. Lemme clarify this for you.

When it comes to guns and weapons on this server, case law means nothing, because we have an inherent violation to the foundational constitutional rights as it is for the sake of - Nervous doesn't trust the population of the server to not be rifle toting idiots. And it's understandable, but he's not even open to discussion to change it. That extends to other facets of weapon ownership as well. There's no process for machine guns, short barreled rifles, or suppressors on this server either, unless you're an illegal RPer. So when the law changes, they'll always keep the server as is for "stability" purposes, because at the end of the day, what matters is how many players are logging in and buying donator status, versus realism.

4 minutes ago, Timzii said:

You don't fix a gun problem by adding even more guns.

Actually, you might.

Edited by SaintBatemanofWallStreet
2 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

I don't know. I'm not on the admin team. And I don't know what Night City is. You missed the point of what I said anyways. Lemme clarify this for you.

When it comes to guns and weapons on this server, case law means nothing, because we have an inherent violation to the foundational constitutional rights as it is for the sake of - Nervous doesn't trust the population of the server to not be rifle toting idiots. And it's understandable, but he's not even open to discussion to change it. That extends to other facets of weapon ownership as well. There's no process for machine guns, short barreled rifles, or suppressors on this server either, unless you're an illegal RPer. So when the law changes, they'll always keep the server as is for "stability" purposes, because at the end of the day, what matters is how many players are logging in and buying donator status, versus realism.

you must think california is pretty unrealistic cus our gun laws are very close mirrors to theirs

Just now, Timzii said:

How? It's already a clusterfuck as it is in every aspect when it comes to the amount of people owning guns.

81.4 Million people own guns in the United States and the average gun owner owns 5 firearms.

At least according to the 2021 National Firearms Survey.

It's not unreasonable to think that more guns is a bad thing. Might be more realistic.

The clusterfuck does not come from the guns. It comes from the unrealistic escalation culture on the server, and lack of permanent banning for the people who repeatedly violate the rules.

• Upvote 2
  • Shanks locked this topic