The amount of drugs being smuggled into TTCF via ingestion.

12 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

So, has there been any mention on how this can come to a compromise without admin intervention? Any ideas on how to limit the amount? Would you guys agree OOC in /b on a "roll 1-100" to see if it's successfully done? If you get the L, are you willing to RP out the consequences (being sent to hospital, perhaps dying (CK), etc)?

I don't want everything to be red taped, neither do you guys. So let's think of some ways to NOT have admin intervention here. 

There's already a limit its 28 grams. 

• Upvote 1

I work in a prison IRL and can comfirm plugging is a common thing, drugs, mobile phones, you'd be surprised what stuff people decide to plug up (Some of the things I've seen I think I'm scarred for life) because it's worth not only money but favours too. It's how a lot of people end up surviving, especially their first time.

However we do have body scanners in place to catch this, purely because there was an awful lot of contraband coming in and it was causing a lot of violent incidents within the Prison itself. Obviously this is far too OP for a game situation and would only be a solution if there was other ways to bring drugs and contraband in such as through visits etc.

If its a huge issue then I'm sure it can be solved via IC means such as maybe random searching with a scanner, more thorough cell searches etc.  I don't honestly think it needs a rule or script fix especially not until there's steps for other ways to bring contraband inside such as opening up regular visits in a visit hall where you have a lot of people having visits with the opportunity to pass things to each other.

Edited by Fenris
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
15 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

So, has there been any mention on how this can come to a compromise without admin intervention? Any ideas on how to limit the amount? Would you guys agree OOC in /b on a "roll 1-100" to see if it's successfully done? If you get the L, are you willing to RP out the consequences (being sent to hospital, perhaps dying (CK), etc)?

I don't want everything to be red taped, neither do you guys. So let's think of some ways to NOT have admin intervention here. 

I mean there isn't really that much of an issue for staff to intervene on. OP's entire premise for the thread is he thinks too many people are smuggling in drugs without 1. examining if that is causing actual issues and 2. Really knowing how smuggling drugs into prison actually works. There is the point being raised about the potential negative consequences and how they should play a bigger role but to be honest, while the way it currently is isn't perfect? What it definitely does not need is more restrictions and admin oversight.

If it ain't broke don't fix it and if it's barely being held together by duck tape, don't break it even more.

• Upvote 1

Ingestion or keistering seem to be pretty popular, it's just there isn't room for other ways of items being smuggled into TTCF. Off the top of my head

Mail. families or friends write to convict with paper-thin drugs smuggled in the paper, card or envelope itself. Visitation. So many ways to smuggle drugs and create roleplay with C.O's. Clothes, sewing drugs into your clothes to conceal item and trade off. Kiss, exchanging drugs orally. I think someone else mentioned food items, doesnt need to be limited there, drugs can be packed in soap etc. If drugs can fit in your bumhole it can fit anywhere else.

I don't think there's an overflow of drugs in TTCF, I think there's a lack of smuggling diversity which makes you think "oh all these guys are doing it", well yea because GTAW is filled with people who stay within the box and not outside it. If you step out the box you're sometimes punished for it so people would rather do the tried and tested method.

11 hours ago, sixtyeight said:

We already need to wait 2-4 hours for a shank to be handed to our chars in TTCF. Having us wait 2-4 hours for our drugs to be given to us just halts RP for everyone involved.

It increases RP for LEOs during shake-downs, having to arrest the individual who's smuggling dope in(unless you wanna spend your entire time as a LEO responding to shootouts). It helps inmates portray their character properly, drugs are flooded in jails, addiction is high.  I don't see what the issue is, really.

This.

I'd hardly consider it as too many drugs. We have multiple gangs behind bars to begin with. Each with their own "clientele" desired drug type and mules.

Also, maybe from someone's point of view it seems like a lot of drugs, but "muling" or even picking a "mule" from gang associates takes some time.

• 1 month later...