The amount of drugs being smuggled into TTCF via ingestion.

the amounts may be slightly over the top however it isnt uncommon for career criminals to groom teens/young adults into transporting drugs into jailhouses either via ingestion or by hooping them, then getting booked on some petty stuff (vandalism, reckless driving, etc.). it certainly does happen a bit too often, but if people are able to generate cool and interesting rp out of it, i dont see any issue.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA

What’s up with everyone saying approval this approval that? You aren’t an admin and have no right to dictate someone else’s roleplay. The majority on this thread complain all the time but offer no help to the illegal community. If you want to be the change become a corrupt cop, or do illegal roleplay and see how hard it is for us to actually operate. 

• Upvote 3
40 minutes ago, Bandit. said:

What’s up with everyone saying approval this approval that? You aren’t an admin and have no right to dictate someone else’s roleplay. The majority on this thread complain all the time but offer no help to the illegal community. If you want to be the change become a corrupt cop, or do illegal roleplay and see how hard it is for us to actually operate. 

I have years of experience as a member of staff and as an admin, I'd say I'm more than qualified to give my 50 cents. This is a suggestion forum for a reason, to give suggestions that could benefit the server as a whole. If it's a bad one, then it'll get archived. Everyone whether they're admin or not is welcome to give their opinions in this community. It is you infact, who have no right to tell someone they can't make a reasonably articulated suggestion just because you disagree with it. Do illegal roleplayers have it hard? Sure they do, but it's also pretty difficult to actually be a corrupt cop as there's measures in place to make sure that not every cop is corrupt. Things ain't perfect on either side, but telling someone they have no right to make a suggestion is just wrong.

We already need to wait 2-4 hours for a shank to be handed to our chars in TTCF. Having us wait 2-4 hours for our drugs to be given to us just halts RP for everyone involved.

It increases RP for LEOs during shake-downs, having to arrest the individual who's smuggling dope in(unless you wanna spend your entire time as a LEO responding to shootouts). It helps inmates portray their character properly, drugs are flooded in jails, addiction is high.  I don't see what the issue is, really.

• Upvote 3

My character has done this twice, and each time I roleplayed the process of ingesting/hooping the drugs. I have taken screenshots and provided them to admins as well. I can't speak for every illegal faction player, but at least within my own we always take SS's if we're smuggling drugs into jail. I don't see a problem with it as long as people are actually taking the time to roleplay before being arrested. Problem with forcing us to make a request is that it further burdens an already overwhelmed admin team - and if a request is denied a player may demand an IFM admin, and so on. I think the amounts moving into jail are probably still realistic, even if the /method/ might not be. Ultimately if it's good roleplay there shouldn't be a problem of how it's done. 

1 minute ago, caliber said:

My character has done this twice, and each time I roleplayed the process of ingesting/hooping the drugs. I have taken screenshots and provided them to admins as well. I can't speak for every illegal faction player, but at least within my own we always take SS's if we're smuggling drugs into jail. I don't see a problem with it as long as people are actually taking the time to roleplay before being arrested. Problem with forcing us to make a request is that it further burdens an already overwhelmed admin team - and if a request is denied a player may demand an IFM admin, and so on. I think the amounts moving into jail are probably still realistic, even if the /method/ might not be. Ultimately if it's good roleplay there shouldn't be a problem of how it's done. 

This is pretty much how I'd like to see it done, as long as it's properly roleplayed? I don't really have too much issue with it (sadly I doubt a lot of it is), especially if sometimes it doesn't work out due to complications with ingestion etc. Realistically it wouldn't be a 100% success rate, ingesting sealed drugs..is risky and not because of the legal risks. 

Contraband is constantly being brought in through US Prisons and Jails at exorbitant rates. Anybody that’s willing to do research on this topic will know the crisis that currently plagues our correctional system here in the states. Personally I don’t see any issues with the amounts that are being brought in to jail. I would however would love to see some CA’s partaking in the smuggling of contraband.

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/blog/2018/12/06/jail-contraband/

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/2021/jul/1/contraband-wars-prison-authorities-target-books-and-mail-miss-goods-coming-through-staff-door/

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/two-former-correctional-officers-charged-accepting-bribes-and-smuggling-contraband-federal

Edited by TyJ
  • Upvote 1

As long as it is properly roleplay, it is fine. Unfortunately, there is a not-to-be-underestimated amount of people that boost these numbers by simply lying about any roleplay because their assets are highly valuable to them, and those that go far beyond what is allowed for the sake of not "losing" these assets - from lying about any prior roleplay over stashing or passing things on to a buddy whilst injured/dead all the way down to extremes, albeit rare, such as entering a random apartment, /fixveh a motorbike, stash items in the bike and have the bike bug through the floor so it couldn't be found.

A few good points were also raised to allow for alternative supply chains and finding ways to incentivize such, or make things such as visits more acessable to people. These should definitely be looked into.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, JayPeezy said:

I may be a bit basis on this since I don't do any Illegal RP at the moment but it seems as if the amount of people getting arrested that have ingested drugs prior to their arrest is growing to an absurd amount. I understand that this generates RP in Twins but it's been from what I've seen, every other person saying that they ingested drugs prior to their arrest. I don't believe this happens that often in real life and would like to see a bit of guidelines regarding it.

I believe a player should get prior approval for an admin that only lasts a certain amount of time. 

its called crash dummying or muling, its far easier to get away with versus keistering it (aka putting it up your ass) because guards are unable to search the content of your stomach. yes it carries risk of bursting, and you're limited to an ounce (28g) per run but its a very valid thing. theres no issue with it at this time, drug trade is prevalent in the united states correctional system and a very necessary part of custody overall

3 hours ago, TyJ said:

Contraband is constantly being brought in through US Prisons and Jails at exorbitant rates. Anybody that’s willing to do research on this topic will know the crisis that currently plagues our correctional system here in the states. Personally I don’t see any issues with the amounts that are being brought in to jail. I would however would love to see some CA’s partaking in the smuggling of contraband.

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/blog/2018/12/06/jail-contraband/

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/2021/jul/1/contraband-wars-prison-authorities-target-books-and-mail-miss-goods-coming-through-staff-door/

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/two-former-correctional-officers-charged-accepting-bribes-and-smuggling-contraband-federal

corruption of that caliber requires an application and ES approval for deputies/CAs, not really worth the hassle to go through the whole process unless you want to really portray that.

corruption that my CA partakes in is the sort that doesnt require perms, like cutting corners on certain policy (5 minutes extra in yard) or giving visitors more time