The amount of drugs being smuggled into TTCF via ingestion.

I may be a bit basis on this since I don't do any Illegal RP at the moment but it seems as if the amount of people getting arrested that have ingested drugs prior to their arrest is growing to an absurd amount. I understand that this generates RP in Twins but it's been from what I've seen, every other person saying that they ingested drugs prior to their arrest. I don't believe this happens that often in real life and would like to see a bit of guidelines regarding it.

I believe a player should get prior approval for an admin that only lasts a certain amount of time. 

Edited by JayPeezy
  • JayPeezy changed the title to The amount of drugs being smuggled into TTCF via ingestion.

The thing is:

Prison is full of criminals.

Means, there's demand for drugs there.

Dealers want to sell.

Consequently, drugs go to prison.

So much for the (realistic) theory.

The problem I see in our setup, and that causes people to go the route depicted in the op, is the lack of regular visitor times in prison.

IRL, it's these visitors (and a few corrupt guards) mostly supplying drugs to prison, by discreetly passing them over either in a cover-item (think Daltons and cake) or literally sliding them like this when no one watches.

In our setup things work differently, though:

Felons sometimes sit a few (rl) days time off for their deed, while visits in prison have to be pre-arranged typically to happen to get a constellation where your inmate and guards are both online to receive you.

Consequently, not visitors or guards are the main contact point to the outside for inmates- other inmates, who frequently change, are.

In further consequence, it's then these other (often temporary) inmates organizing the drug supplies, for the sole reason that it's possible to establish a supply chain this way.

While I'll not be able to visit the hubby in prison spontanously to make sure he and the gang don't sober down inside, I can easily get myself arrested and this way smuggle stuff inside.

In other words:

For a more "realistic" drug supply chain in prison the logistical steps needed for these must be enabled, namely the option to easily and regularly visit inmates in prison.

If arrest is the one reliable method to get inside, that's what people will do.

P.S. I also don't directly engage in the illegal side much but this above I learned simply from wanting information from inside the prison as news reporter.

Which was tricky to get until we managed to get one of us arrested to then interview inmates 🤭

Edited by knppel
  • Upvote 2

knppel said it the best. As it stands, due to irregular visitation times and the sometimes difficult process to set these up, combined with few or none visits where the visitor and the inmate are not separated by a glass wall and a lack of corrupt, or willing to be corrupt guards make 'crash dummy'ing' drugs the only consistent way to smuggle contraband into the jail. It's not like this is the only way illegal roleplayers want to bring these items into the jail. I know several different illegal players, including myself, that look for other ways to get stuff in but it's just not as effective as swallowing or hooping them. I know there exist corrupt jail staff. But the issue is catching these off-duty or outside the jail, and wether or not these have a willingness to accept bribes in exchange for smuggling. I may be wrong but to me it seems like most jail staff log on purely to RP there, and never show face outside. Which is fine but partly where the problem lies. I might be wrong though.

Edited by Mooseicles
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Mooseicles said:

It's not like this is the only way illegal roleplayers want to bring these items into the jail. I know several different illegal players, including myself, that look for other ways to get stuff in but it's just not as effective as swallowing or hooping them.

I wanna stress this point as we made the same experience in the news scene (without the drugs even! Wasn't Carry) as mentioned.

@books tried for months to get access to inmates (during their stay in the facility) to no avail to ask a few stupid questions, as did others.

What got us our inside-report eventually was @Kappaurel driving recklessly in a Grotti, so he spent a night inside and eventually got to hear some stories first hand.

It's not like it had not been tried differently, I sign that 😅

And while in our case that might have been unintentional and opportunistic (as making a story out of it was his only excuse to not get fired ic lol), refering to what I said above, if I was looking for efficient ways to get into prison, may it be to smuggle stuff inside or acquire intel?

Arrest it is.

I'll agree that many players who do this probably don't understand the risks involved, if it goes down and sits the wrong way it could get stuck or worse the container could split.

Do most going into prison have time to swallow and properly store their drugs? I doubt it, unless they actually planned to go to prison to smuggle the drugs in. I'm all for some extra checks to ensure there was proper roleplay, I doubt most who say they ingest drugs actually roleplay it adequately. Let alone roleplay anything going wrong, bags bursting, getting stuck, causing constipation etc

6 hours ago, JayPeezy said:

I may be a bit basis on this since I don't do any Illegal RP at the moment but it seems as if the amount of people getting arrested that have ingested drugs prior to their arrest is growing to an absurd amount. I understand that this generates RP in Twins but it's been from what I've seen, every other person saying that they ingested drugs prior to their arrest. I don't believe this happens that often in real life and would like to see a bit of guidelines regarding it.

I believe a player should get prior approval for an admin that only lasts a certain amount of time. 

As far as I am aware, and from my experience in the LSPD, players need admin approval to get drugs / weapons in prison.

6 hours ago, knppel said:

The thing is:

Prison is full of criminals.

Means, there's demand for drugs there.

Dealers want to sell.

Consequently, drugs go to prison.

So much for the (realistic) theory.

The problem I see in our setup, and that causes people to go the route depicted in the op, is the lack of regular visitor times in prison.

IRL, it's these visitors (and a few corrupt guards) mostly supplying drugs to prison, by discreetly passing them over either in a cover-item (think Daltons and cake) or literally sliding them like this when no one watches.

In our setup things work differently, though:

Felons sometimes sit a few (rl) days time off for their deed, while visits in prison have to be pre-arranged typically to happen to get a constellation where your inmate and guards are both online to receive you.

Consequently, not visitors or guards are the main contact point to the outside for inmates- other inmates, who frequently change, are.

In further consequence, it's then these other (often temporary) inmates organizing the drug supplies, for the sole reason that it's possible to establish a supply chain this way.

While I'll not be able to visit the hubby in prison spontanously to make sure he and the gang don't sober down inside, I can easily get myself arrested and this way smuggle stuff inside.

In other words:

For a more "realistic" drug supply chain in prison the logistical steps needed for these must be enabled, namely the option to easily and regularly visit inmates in prison.

If arrest is the one reliable method to get inside, that's what people will do.

P.S. I also don't directly engage in the illegal side much but this above I learned simply from wanting information from inside the prison as news reporter.

Which was tricky to get until we managed to get one of us arrested to then interview inmates 🤭

I honestly didn't think of it that way, it does make sense the way you put it and I can agree that the system we have right now is flawed where there's never enough deputies in the jail and doesn't allow for that route of RPing drugs into the jail. With that being said, I don't think it would necessarily hurt anything to get approval before hand to ensure it was planned out and realistic.