GTA V Lag Stutter FPS drop (Only on RageMP)

Joey

Every time I play gtaw on ragemp my fps drop so bad my game lags v bad and sometimes just stuck you know - making fps drop from 70 to 20 in seconds

I get v bad lag all around Los Santos and much more at Mirror park. Whilst all of my settings are very low I tried everything there was on YouTube - setting battery plan - doing optimization and so on but when I play GTA online damn it goes so smooth I'm like what the hell and I tried playing GTA online on high settings worked just fine. 

- Reinstall RAGE and GTA W assets.

- Downloaded software to clear ram 

- Turned off a lot of windows features like game mode which was reported to cause issues, disabled some overlays and unnecessary starting programs,

- Setting the priority in task manager to "High/Very High" - This helps, for a bit.

- Set Battery to Ultimate power using cmd prompt 

- Using Vsync helps a little bit but when cap when I can get more fps.. but I have too..

-CPU performance is set to max using software   

-When I'm playing I make sure only GTAV and RageMp is running and nothing else.

Please help me I can't play with stutter anymore its really annoying.

Windows 10 pro

Specs:

Rx580 4gb ddr5 (AMD Up to date software - Anti lag and all other settings are off)

12gb ram ddr3

Core i5 2nd gen (Ik bottleneck im poor 😞 ) but GTA online works fine

33 minutes ago, White Redemption said:

brother i know it might sound crazy but i had like 20 fps on low i reinstalled my windows and now i run it on very high at stable 60 fps... resintall your windows and your gc drivers. o/

I dunno how that will fix it because even if I do so - I gotta reinstall all the required applications in C drive.

Visual Studio will take place and some other drivers and it will be almost full again.

Also I won't be formatting my E or F drive so I don't know if its worth it?

2 hours ago, White Redemption said:

brother i know it might sound crazy but i had like 20 fps on low i reinstalled my windows and now i run it on very high at stable 60 fps... resintall your windows and your gc drivers. o/

Reinstalling the windows for one game is unacceptable, though. 

5 minutes ago, Joey said:

Tried this didn't work 😞

I was wondering if you were running the game on borderless windowed instead of fullscreen, if so, switch to fullscreen.

I take you are playing on a notebook/laptop considering you adjusted some settings for battery usage AND you have an Intel processor, my only guess is your game could be running on the integrated/Intel GPU instead of your dedicated/AMD because it's very odd that you have low FPS with that GPU even on low settings.(even though you didn't make it clear if the issue is low FPS or stuttering) I'm not an AMD user but I'm sure you should have a control panel named Catalyst, there you can choose which application runs on which GPU.

I don't really recommend a windows reinstall but if you have been using the computer for some several years now, it would be a good idea too.

4 hours ago, mthn06 said:

I was wondering if you were running the game on borderless windowed instead of fullscreen, if so, switch to fullscreen.

I take you are playing on a notebook/laptop considering you adjusted some settings for battery usage AND you have an Intel processor, my only guess is your game could be running on the integrated/Intel GPU instead of your dedicated/AMD because it's very odd that you have low FPS with that GPU even on low settings.(even though you didn't make it clear if the issue is low FPS or stuttering) I'm not an AMD user but I'm sure you should have a control panel named Catalyst, there you can choose which application runs on which GPU.

I don't really recommend a windows reinstall but if you have been using the computer for some several years now, it would be a good idea too.

Yes im using pc and yoooo i found the solution

It is to reinstall windows i actually ended up upgrading to win 11 and now my game is working just fine no more lag on high med settings.

Thank u everyone for ur input

Special thanks to @White Redemption

Topic can be lock and archived 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • Nora locked this topic