Staff Appreciation Topic

I just want to say that I appreciate Nervous for being so honest and open about the databreach, the actions that are being taken to handle the situation and generally sharing all the information that can be safely shared.

I know that security issues can never be fully prevented and they suck, but being so open about the situation with the community is something that many businesses can learn from and it's truely appreciated.

7 hours ago, Luna said:

I just want to say that I appreciate Nervous for being so honest and open about the databreach, the actions that are being taken to handle the situation and generally sharing all the information that can be safely shared.

I know that security issues can never be fully prevented and they suck, but being so open about the situation with the community is something that many businesses can learn from and it's truely appreciated.

This really. Having seen elsewhere how it's also just an option to sit idle, ban all victims for "hacking" and not spot what's going on- for months until by chance the fishers pick the wrong target that seeks out what's happening and by sheer luck finds enough tracks-, this approach can't be rated high enough.

@Advis by far my favorite admin. The most helpful and genuinely nice people I've come across on GTA:W, who will take as much time as is needed to figure out my (admittedly many) issues both with mapping and property where I need administrative guidance. Hands down the most helpful staff member and I continue to smile every time I see them take my (again, very many) reports. ❤️

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, serah said:

@Advis by far my favorite admin. The most helpful and genuinely nice people I've come across on GTA:W, who will take as much time as is needed to figure out my (admittedly many) issues both with mapping and property where I need administrative guidance. Hands down the most helpful staff member and I continue to smile every time I see them take my (again, very many) reports. ❤️

He also steals guns.

But really, @Adv is the MVP for sure!

• Thanks 1

All of the development and management team (not that game admins don't deserve it either), for specifically going above and beyond anybody's expectation in the roleplay community. Those from SA:MP will understand that we've read hundreds of lines of text, from various roleplay servers in the past, stating something along the lines of:

"I'm DEDICATED enough but  we had to INSERT EXCUSE HOPING THAT PEOPLE WITH NO PROGRAMMING KNOWLEDGE WON'T SEE THROUGH IT to the code, so that's why this system isn't done yet."

I understand there might've been more limitations through using PAWN as a language for SA:MP but I don't think that's the major difference. SA:MP communities and now RageMP/ FiveM communities earn a lot through donations for what they are, roleplay communities. Most, if not all others, have kept people interested enough to donate and left it at that. This server seems to push a huge update every couple of months with hundreds of tweaks, fixes and small deployments in-between. I'd like to thank the team for making this a passion project regardless of how much money these servers can pull in at their peak.

It's crazy how these other servers couldn't get basic systems out because of issues a couple of months back. Now SA:MP is dead they suddenly have the brain power, energy and ideas to create a whole script from scratch? Now they're scrambling to get a server up before their donations run out and they have to get an actual job. I hope the development continues at this, or atleast a healthy pace. 

• Applaud 1