Punishments should reflect the rules broken and damage inflicted on players.

17 minutes ago, Fraggloid said:

A little late to the party here but one particular thing that grinds my gears quite often is the lack of enforcement on the crime-free zone rules. 

As a member of FD, our stations and the lifeguard towers are all designated crime-free zones. Yet, we've had robberies, cars broken into and stolen, stabbings, shootings, and many more incidents. We report them, only for admins to almost universally respond with "oh, I've let them know, they didn't realise". If they didn't realise a government building is a crime free zone then they didn't read the rules, did they? I even had one incident where, as I was going on duty at a fire station, a guy runs up and stabs me with a single RP line, completely out of the blue - yet I was the one warned in the situation by an admin for using a CCW to defend against him and not letting him 'complete his RP'. Now, this was some time ago, and that admin has since left the staff team (as far as I'm aware), but that's just one example of what happens. We've had lifeguards being shot while on duty at their station. 

I don't think I've ever once seen the crime-free zone rules enforced when we've reported a breach of it.

Yeah the "I didn't realize" excuse is getting really old, you didn't realize a lifeguard tower or FD station was a crime free zone? Like hell you didn't. Robbery rules is iterally one if the questions covered in the application process. It's really a joke that players are getting away with such obvious rule violations, they know what they're doing.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

Yeah the "I didn't realize" excuse is getting really old, you didn't realize a lifeguard tower or FD station was a crime free zone? Like hell you didn't. Robbery rules is iterally one if the questions covered in the application process. It's really a joke that players are getting away with such obvious rule violations, they know what they're doing.

idk it seems like you're being really ban heavy. its just a game and we're all here to have fun. this server has far too many unwritten rules for us to be this harsh.

3 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

Honestly, if a player even needs OOC rules to know that's an extremely dumb location for crime, they are already far below the standard of roleplay we should have on the server. Proper punishment can help a lot in these situations. "But I roleplay a dumb criminal" is also an absolutely atrocious excuse. It's a thinly veiled argument to ignore rules and basically copbait, maybe not through doing donuts to provoke a chase but still in forcing interactions towards you that aren't necessarily natural.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
Just now, space monkey said:

idk it seems like you're being really ban heavy. its just a game and we're all here to have fun. this server has far too many unwritten rules for us to be this harsh.

Who said anything about bans? If your idea of fun is ruining other players experiences just so you can get your fix then you're on the wrong server. Let's not derail the thread please, it's been constructive thus far

1 minute ago, Moonsong said:

Who said anything about bans? If your idea of fun is ruining other players experiences just so you can get your fix then you're on the wrong server. Let's not derail the thread please, it's been constructive thus far

not sure how giving my opinion on the thread topic is derailing.

i think purposefully ruining someones fun should get you in trouble and removed. but this server has a lot of unwritten rules that ive found out via conversaation with other players, so much so that verbal warnings a lot of the time are a fair punishment. what should be punished harshly is purposefully being beligerent, like metagaming or DMing out of spite

Just now, space monkey said:

not sure how giving my opinion on the thread topic is derailing.

i think purposefully ruining someones fun should get you in trouble and removed. but this server has a lot of unwritten rules that ive found out via conversaation with other players, so much so that verbal warnings a lot of the time are a fair punishment. what should be punished harshly is purposefully being beligerent, like metagaming or DMing out of spite

You cannot write everything down, it will cause people (like you are now tbh) to say: it wasn't in the rules. The natural standard of roleplay should be high enough for players to use their brain and exhibit common sense.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Fraggloid said:

Go read rule 12.

im not referring to crime free zones.

im referring to unwritten rules ive heard of like, you cant ICly sell an item thats not a script. you cant use your voice to do RP performances like stand up or talking through your mic in a DJ set. you cant ICly claim a song is your character's if you're not the one OOCly sining. im sure there are plenty more.

a lot of the times warning someone for a mistake is enough.

1 minute ago, space monkey said:

im not referring to crime free zones.

im referring to unwritten rules ive heard of like, you cant ICly sell an item thats not a script. you cant use your voice to do RP performances like stand up or talking through your mic in a DJ set. you cant ICly claim a song is your character's if you're not the one OOCly sining. im sure there are plenty more.

a lot of the times warning someone for a mistake is enough.

Lemme pop in real quick. These are actually pretty small things IMO. You'll not cop a ban or harsh punishment unless you've done other things in the moment besides this. 

Please don't worry, the majority of what this thread is about is malicious intents. The things you have stated aren't really malicious.

But it does seem like a lot of your confusion runs with the powergaming rule. If you want clarification on ANYTHING, send me a DM.

• Upvote 1