Whats with the admin response time?

Zach..

There's some great dialogue here and some phenomenal feedback. It's awesome to see everyone getting involved in discussion topics like these. Before becoming an administrator, I once had to deal with my reports in-game taking a longer period of time than expected. It's one of the reasons I decided to become an administrator. If you guys ever need any help or have any questions, feel free to message me on the forums or discord. My PMs are always open.

• Upvote 1

admins respond to what they can, probably most crazy stuff happens around peak times when there's several ongoing crazy report situations going on at a time, and where admins may be trying to roleplay in those few hours of peak themselves. whilst you can probably argue the quick report answer card is to be friends with an admin, it's generally a little difficult due to bias rules for admins to do much more than flip their friends car (and car flip reports get taken in seconds generally). as an admin myself ive waited over two hours for my own breakin to be accepted, so it's not exactly like people see green name and take the report. yes admins are volunteers so shouldn't be forced, but yes admins also did choose to volunteer /for this role/, so we have an obligation to try and sort out reports in a good time. stacking reports are alerted on discord for admins to chop down, and we're meant to drop roleplay unless we're in a critical critical situation and take reports if they're urgent (I tend to drop my RP immediately for mass DM or R19 violations), and I know many other admins do too

as mentioned by other staff and management, these topics are spoken about a lot and there's been a lot of encouragement and pointing towards issues about slow report taking within the staff chats, and it's being worked on to my knowledge on the levels above me

Edited by imi
  • Applaud 1

I personally think the rules currently applied are terrible in general, and this is the result.

To explain why they're so bad:

There's 376 words defining when and under what circumstances I may rp pants down, and immediate sanctions when someone sneaks in a private scene, not for the intruder but those victim of e-stalking.

Simultaneously, there is no explicitly defined rules encouraging admins to sanction actual griefing, such as in the case of the house, or when the monthly warning to factions goes out in discord to please not be so toxic in private channels.

This took over hand the past year to the point that the rules seem more obsessed over erp than the horniest players I met.

And this is no pun intended, but only the expression of what Wuhtah and others stated already (correctly so):

Rules define how we play, they define what admins sanction, and furthermore what players will report.

Over the past year a system has been tailored that allows quick reports and handling in a handful of precedence cases, notably whenever someone emotes a penis or something that can be argued as remotedly "sexual", which caused both a shift of admin attention AND sensibilized players for this "issue".

I get we have to protect the kids and maybe that's just me being old and not seeing sexual activity (or its reflection ingame) as too special in comparison to other stuff but the sheer amount of words in the respective rules gives off more theoretic thought from staff went into erp-rules than into people killing each other (or when that'd not be okay).

I only have so and so many degrees in pedagogics but forcing players (and staff that would not care if not forced to take action by clearly outlined rules) to put this much thought into a topic where irl you'd say "get a room, you two!". is a self fulfilling prophecy of getting more or something that's actually not wanted (compare rule 19, "oversexualized characters).

Simply because you'll have people testing borders same as with any rule.

On the other hand you have people who play characters with an active sex life and now need to worry about their e-life-sex-balance thanks to a brilliant (sarcasm) and detailed rule that covers all eventualities without to actually define what's "oversexualized" strictly (for the obvious reason that beauty lays in the eye of the beholder, to say it poetic, or less poetic, some people watch a shaking ass and some don't care. Happens irl too, not just in emotes)

93 words to cover "deathmatch". Or in other words: Murder is usually okay (unless I shoot you for being black).

376+560 words for when and how to rp penis. I can shoot at cops pulling me over but not urinate on their car.

Maybe it's time staff redefines the rules to force them less to peep into people's panties and instead on things that actually touch roleplay quality on a wide scale.

Edited by knppel
  • Upvote 1

Admins shoot themselves in the foot - stop giving every rule breaker verbal warnings and then maybe there'll be less need for reports. I've seen more people kicked for "looking for work" ads than for genuinely terrible RP. I know the thought process is to encourage people to learn but if a volunteer role is making you more burnt out than your full time job then maybe that should be the only wake up call you need to change things. If being more cutthroat with enforcing the rules means admins has more time for actual good RPers that add something to the server then idk, its an easy decision to me. Quality over quantity. 

There's also not enough freedom and too much admin supervision and paperwork. Anything other than buying cars and going to businesses is locked behind needing an admin or an application. Its just not fun and it increases work for admins. So why not kill two birds with one stone, more player freedom and script support, less admin work, everyone happier? 

admins shouldn't be too exhausted to take reports on a game, think thats a sign we're taking things a bit too seriously and should loosen up a bit. 

On break-ins as this was mentioned and I forgot:

The same counts here. The reason it takes long is a lack of explicit guidelines for staff to decide who, when and under what circumstances can get permissions (and who should not).

Thus, every single break in is pretty much admin discretion.

One can trust the players or not.

One can take time to check out their plans for their heist and approve/deny based on that (if one has time).

It's either way a discretion decision that will leave one party unhappy very likely (On approval the raided property owner, on denial the denied burglars).

I don't know if staff has internal guidelines for such but obviously to take decisions quicker and more reliably (so us players know what to expect and what's expected from us, too!) requires such.

• Wuhtah locked this topic