Whats with the admin response time?

Zach..

I was curious if there was something going on as well due to the response time. A now retired banned me back in January and said in May to contact him in June for an unban, posted my ban appeal June 1st and still haven’t had a response 😕 just trying to come back to the community. Really wish they had a different process of allowing admins one level under management to handle retired admin ban appeals as I’m sure the management team already has enough on their plate. 

25 minutes ago, Narco said:

I was curious if there was something going on as well due to the response time. A now retired banned me back in January and said in May to contact him in June for an unban, posted my ban appeal June 1st and still haven’t had a response 😕 just trying to come back to the community. Really wish they had a different process of allowing admins one level under management to handle retired admin ban appeals as I’m sure the management team already has enough on their plate. 

I can push this in the next staff meeting and see how it goes. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

I can push this in the next staff meeting and see how it goes. 

That would be really awesome and would make more sense honestly. I feel bad having to PM members of the management team just to ask them if they can review it as I know they're super busy and have other stuff to worry about and I know that admins underneath them could easily handle ban appeals that retired staff members had issued out. 

Its good to see some of the staff members engaging in the discussion.

I personally spent 1 hours doing 'pre' RP and then waited 2.5 hours on two different days for an admin to review a request.

Ended up logging off in the end as we got no response.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

Community is not trustworthy enough.

From what I proposed/suggested would mean the criminal won't get the items until the forum request gets accepted and the property owner can't withdraw any items. They're put into an escrow of sorts. If the admin deems the RP insufficient it wont be accepted. If chain robberies occur, it won't be accepted. Measures can be put in place so RP isn't halted. In terms of alarms and such, it means players have another money sink in terms of house security.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, shotgun_sam said:

Hell, I'd rather if we had a system where players could have full access to break into a house/apartment, when they do a command the property inventory & furniture editing freezes for the house owner and the criminals request the property items on the forums with screenshot evidence. It would take IFM admins 5 minutes to look through the screens and give them the items. As opposed to 20-30 minutes in game

I support this idea as a starting point, but we have to tackle the issues it can also bring. This would require player discretion as the proper time to spend in the house, unless time limits were put in place. Alarms would have to be reworked so that they don't go off within seconds and allow some time for the robbery crew to actually search through the house for their RP purposes. On the other side, I can see people spending 30 minutes in a house without an alarm searching every crack and crevice to ensure they get everything upon a forum request. There needs to be guidelines put into place to ensure that these requests can be looked through in a timely manner and that they can't be skewed to solely advantage the robber/crew. The property owner should be able to look over the request and dispute facts if necessary. In reality, we're just shifting oversight from /breakin reports to forum reports/requests. I'm not sure whether that's better or worse, but I support change as the current break-in system doesn't seem to be very efficient or advantageous to RP at the moment.

Edited by Brofessor
42 minutes ago, Brofessor said:

Alarms would have to be reworked so that they don't go off within seconds and allow some time for the robbery crew to actually search through the house for their RP purposes.

This can be scripted based on the alarm. Honestly, just like IRL alarms can go off instantly, letting LEOs know. Alarms can have tiers level 1 - 5 etc etc.

44 minutes ago, Brofessor said:

The property owner should be able to look over the request and dispute facts if necessary.

Disagree, property owners will just show a P2W attitude so they dont lose. "I keep my gun in the second draw, not the first" and it'll get extremely nitpicky. If an Admins deems everything reasonable then they should get the items. (stash info comes into play too)

-

I feel like this is derailing though, we can use the suggestion forum for it.

Hey guys, Wanted to pop in and add my two cents too! 

I've taken a bit of time to read this thread (apologies I haven't read until now, IRL is beyond busy outside of this atm, and i'm one of the admins that keeps DM's open/available when i'm around so I regularly just handle things through there)

I see a lot of valid reasons brought forward in this report, on all levels. In fact, more recently, it's probably one of the biggest reasons i've moved across from Property Management to Staff Management, and am working hard on helping our recruitment and training process of Support Staff and up to Trial Admins.

Categorically, I think we can all agree there are problems when reports sit there unanswered for over an hour. I don't know if it's just bad habit with some, but when I login- infact, even when im roleplaying - almost every 20 minutes, I double check the report queue, and we get a lot of visual warnings ingame when to alert us to rising queues - which I think, help a lot. But it's easy also to become blind to them. 

When you're an admin, unless you're in a situation where you have to roleplay, you regularly dip in and out of roleplay situations, but sometimes you take evenings out, or focus (This is a common thing for me, because im a Field Training Officer in the PD, so I have to give my undivided attention to my student during this, but once the patrol is over, i focus on the reports and helping where I can). 

I'll add my two cents at how I handle admin duty though.. 

So, when I first log on, I type /reports:

I'll look at the top of the list, and we get an indicator towards the length of time the longest-standing report has been sat waiting. For example: 

TXkb580.png

If there are multiple stacked for over an hour, i'll immediately look for any quick reports that can be answered down the list, utility reports such as 

- Hey my car is stuck! 

- Hey, can someone just give me keys to my garage? 

Clearing out these reports really quickly solves 90% of the queue, most of the time, and they're quick ways to help people. Then I look for: 

- Longest standing Roleplay reports

- People who have reported multiple times

I'll try and condense the report list down further, trashing any duplicate reports and then taking the top one from the list. I'll try and discuss it with the player - but sometimes, due to the length of time after its easier to take it to a Forum Report, so i'll ask that a player will take it there. 

If it's not been too long, i'll just teleport everyone, pause the situation and handle it!

-- 

I like to think a lot of the team do the same, and we recently had new commands added so we can quickly get the attention of admins to assist even if they have chats toggled, etc. These have proven to be helpful, and reduce the queues. However, there are still times in which we could all do with a little more help. 

That's why we open recruitment often, and we try and keep an active stream of people incoming! And, we look forward to welcoming some new people this staff batch as well.

What causes staff members not to handle reports? 

Being a Staff Member every day can be busy, especially if you have subteam work and/or other responsibilities can become overwhelming. Especially when you couple this with real life, it can sometimes get a bit hectic. I think this has a part to play in it.

Motivation also can play a part, and it's something that Pepper especially tries to curb on a regular basis, with the Staff Relations team. We are all prone to being demotivated or burned out at some stage, and it's a case of taking a little break, stepping back, and focusing on ourselves then returning to it, too.

It's also a game, right? We wanna have fun! For me, helping people IS fun, it's why I became an admin, but sometimes-- it's good to chill, too.

Sometimes a report can be fairly ambiguous, and the last thing you want to do sometimes is answer a report without knowing what you're getting yourself in for, so we always recommend providing as much info as you can, in the /report.

Thank you guys for being so patient sometimes, and i'll always strive, personally, to do better, as I know many of us will.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Zach.. said:

I do appreciate y'all coming in here to shed some light on subjects that you can, people appreciate that. There's some good suggestions in the thread that I hope will at least be considered and/or implemented.

For sure! I've been combing through, and I know Wuhtah has too, and we'll make suggestions at upcoming staff meetings.

• Wuhtah locked this topic