Whats with the admin response time?

Zach..

6 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

A lot of them like it.

That doesn't make sense as to why they have always taken so long to be handled then. Hell, I'd rather if we had a system where players could have full access to break into a house/apartment, when they do a command the property inventory & furniture editing freezes for the house owner and the criminals request the property items on the forums with screenshot evidence. It would take IFM admins 5 minutes to look through the screens and give them the items. As opposed to 20-30 minutes in game

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, shotgun_sam said:

That doesn't make sense as to why they have always taken so long to be handled then. Hell, I'd rather if we had a system where players could have full access to break into a house/apartment, when they do a command the property inventory & furniture editing freezes for the house owner and the criminals request the property items on the forums with screenshot evidence. It would take IFM admins 5 minutes to look through the screens and give them the items. As opposed to 20-30 minutes in game

Take a look at motels. They have the exact same set up as this but it's against the rules unless an admin is supervising.

Simple is simple. People can't follow rules when it's given right in front of you. 40% of you will follow the rules and RP appropriately. 60% will not.

Take people who used to go in properties that were not automatically locked for breaking in safes without admin supervision.

I will always choose my subteam work and regular player reports over break-ins. But again, that's MY take on it.

4 minutes ago, Khalabeeb said:

You need to be friends with admins, then they respond to ur reports within a few seconds.

Unironically this. From the most simple assistance to getting complex ideas or properties accepted really the only way to do it is to have a friend in staff. The sad part is I wouldn't even classify most of it as favoritism or abuse. The bureaucratic layers on GTAW are just so ridiculous that a perfectly sensible idea that goes through the official process will either take ages, get denied or both yet if I bring it to somebody I'm friendly with in staff, somebody willing to listen to me I can get most things accepted. Not because they are showing me favoritism but because we can have an open conversation about the request, clear up any confusion and answer any questions. All in thirty minutes, that's just something the current system doesn't allow. 

49 minutes ago, Khalabeeb said:

You need to be friends with admins, then they respond to ur reports within a few seconds.

Not going to lie. I feel like this IS a thing sometimes, and it does upset me. Do I know 100%? No, but can I think that way? Yes, just like how you can think that way.

I believe a majority of the playerbase knows OF me (since there's not a lot of staff members to begin with and I've been on the staff team for a year), so you could say that perhaps I have made friends on the server. There are people who do PM me, and I honestly have no idea who they are just to say hi. That's really nice and frankly, it's welcomed. 

However, if I do know the player personally, or know OF the player and might have formed some sort of bias (unintended) - I will not accept any roleplay reports from that player. 

If a player that I know, let's say.. gosh I don't really know any players off the top of my head I speak to on a frequent basis anymore, but let's say that player reached out to me via a PM in game. I'd check if there was a report, if there's no report, I'd tell them to report it. If there was a report, but if there were other reports ahead of them, then I'd handle those first before getting to theirs. 

That's just from my perspective. Obviously, if there is a Property Management related report, I will scoop that up pretty quickly because a limited amount of administrators can handle those.

I truly am sorry that you feel this way, you're not in the wrong of feeling this way either.

Stop reporting for the pettiest of things & admins will answer your reports quicker. Things like "Hey this dude ran me over & drove off" & "This guy rammed my car & drove off" when it was quite clearly desync, do not need to be reported. Just PM the guy and ask if it was IC or desync instead of immediately jumping to /report. Simple.

I do agree that the response times for reports is lacking, but on the other hand I don't blame the admin team for not prioritizing them when 95% of the time it's things that can be dealt with in 5 mins by PMing the other party yourself.

When it's something absolutely serious, such as Mass DM, hacking, VDM, etc etc, the admins ALWAYS respond within seconds or minutes & thats good enough for me.

Edited by PeopleKind

I have an advice, instead of calling admins out on this or that. People should look at their own roleplay standards and ask if it's fun. Oh and plz re-read the rules every now and then, cause they tend to change. Do this and 60% of reports will drop, because people will be nicer to each other. In ideal world, but ideal world doesn't exist.

1 hour ago, shotgun_sam said:

If admins hate break-ins why do admins have to be involved? It's clearly not something admins want to do, leaving players waiting hours and hours. This has been an on-going issue for over a year. If you don't want to do it, give players more power.

Allow players to flip cars themselves, we already have fixrevive, fixloc. This isn't a big ask.

If you go to the test server and get on duty, and your friend does a /breakin you can just accept it and see that the stashinfo & pitems pop up as soon as you accept the request. It's sad because a breakin can take no more than 2 minutes and that's if the alarm goes off. Breakins are broken, the alarm allegedly goes off because of "track sensors" or because "the neighbor woke up and called the cops" but that makes no sense at all.

One day, I was told BY AN ADMIN that most admins don't accept /breakins because "its too stressful", if certain admins can't handle monitoring over a few people doing roleplay and giving them items, then I don't know what they doing in the admin team. Also, if certain admins hate breakins, that means they hate helping people to roleplay? Again, why be an admin if you can't help people with your admin powers. It makes it feel like these certain people are in the admin team for the perks rather than to 100% give their help to players.

Stashing items in a house and breaking into them should be revamped so players can do these without the need of admins supervising and so it's some type of search & take minigame, now that we got a new inventory UI.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, shotgun_sam said:

Not gonna happen, simple reason. Community is not trustworthy enough. There would be swarms of robbers breaking into every house and apartment in  a single night, even if you introduce a week long cool down, they will abuse it by having alts. It's sad that roleplaying has to be supervised like this. Only proves my point, again and again.

• Wuhtah locked this topic