Whats with the admin response time?

Zach..

3 hours ago, Wuhtah said:

I've started personally banning players who disconnect as I have heard from the community that this is what they have leaned to. If a player disconnects from the game and isn't back within 15 minutes, a permanent ban is placed on their account. Now, I will of course discuss with them in their own appeal of what happened, why it happened, and move forward to a more justified punishment. 

As for forum reports, I do the same. After given 48 hours, if the reported party does not wish to respond, a ban will be placed on their account until they would like to discuss what happened in my ban appeal section. 

Will this overall help the server? I don't know yet. It's something I am trying from listening to players and reading complaints. 

As for the shit ton of DM and cop baiting .. That's another story that I frankly just rather stay away from commenting.

There is nothing as demotivating as placing hours of your time into a scene with a collective of 10-20 other people, to just see a warning or a 15 minute ajail when they don't even put in the effort required to /respond/. 

This is a much more satisfying way of doing it. It requires people to explain their actions. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Shokkoth said:

A single admin, not including management, responding to a thread about admin response, sums up the issue pretty well.

Again, not many admins are on the forums for general discussion threads. If I link this in the admin chat, a lot would respond. 

Most of the team does not look at general discussions unless tagged. Forum moderation does (or should?) and I do because you all are either my bed time story at night or my cup of tea in the morning.

7 hours ago, Dustyboi said:

Waited 5 hours with a group of 4 about a week or two ago for a break in request with staff coming on and off duty and never got a response. Just depends on if they want to answer or not, really. Put a report up every hour as a reminder and every single one was trashed and we were told to be patient. Across the board fuckery lol

I really hate break-ins, I'm not going to lie to you.

But, fair is fair, if you want to schedule a time with me like I offered PD/SD, you're more than welcome to. But you do have to work around my schedule.

Imma comment 'cause why not.

Pretty much everything I do on the server is generally PM based, purely because it's that busy. It is quite literally busier than my full time job. I do take other reports of course, but most of my time and effort goes to PM.

I'm normally either on requests, forum pm's, forum requests or PM IG reports. It got to a point where I had no time to roleplay or even play another game and I was severely burning out. I took any report I could to help and it burned me out hard.

I've re-adjusted now and set my priorities. I know my effort, especially within PM, is noticed. I have no doubt I put in more than enough effort to earn my keep on the team.

• If I am on PM work on UCP/forums - I will not take an RP report unless I'm the only available admin or it's sat for over 30 minutes. I have my subteam I prioritise and there are plenty of other admins arounds that can and do help.
  • If I am RPing, I will take any reports I can easily do from where I am, the benefit being I'm not disrupting my own freetime. If reports are stacking, I'll /aduty up and tackle some.
  • If reports are stacking a, I'll jump into admin chat, rally the troops and ask that we all take one each. Typically this works and we're better for it when we work as a team, and not just relying on those one or two online admins. I know multiple admins that do this and it really does help. One report each takes 2 admins stuck with 15 reports to 15 admins with 1 report each.

I'm now at a point where I'm much busier IRL than I have been over the last year since joining the admin team. I don't typically have an hour on the spot to assist with search warrants (the last one I took was promised to be just one apartment, turned into 4 and took me 3 hours of just faffing around). I have a fiance and things I've planned to do outside of the game.

Reports stack extremely quickly, I don't think players realize just how busy it is. You can go from 2 admins online, 15 off and 0 reports, to 15 reports and still 2 admins online within 1 or 2 minutes. Those 15 admins may be caught up in RP and absolutely, admin comes first, but if you dedicate every waking second to being an admin, we'd have no admin team. We are volunteers, not work horses.

Some people say "oh it's what you sign up for though" - nah it's not. You do sign up to help the community, in whatever capacity you can. I knew I wanted PM when I applied and PM is where I will remain until I leave the staff team. Me being a member of the admin team does not mean I should have to deal with 100 reports a day me alone and doesn't mean I have to sit here and listen to constant complaints about something I have no control over. I will listen, and I will try to help, but if it's just someone going off at me, I won't put up with it. I'm almost 30, I have better things to do.

Within the last 10 minutes of me writing this, I've had 6 random people contact me on discord for help for PM. That's literally 10 minutes, I'm sat at work in the office.

Now for my opinion:

I think that a lot of the reports IG are rather ... unnecessary is the wrong word, but would be better handled on the forum. Now with the forum report changes, I think a lot of the bigger DM reports and such that take AGES to handle IG to rally everyone together, everyone talking at once, having to do logs on the spot or wait for a L3+ for chat logs on the spot, should be trashed and taken to the forum. They can be tackled by duo's too. I think that these are the reports that take the longest to handle and bind administrators for a long time. They can proceed IC and items can be refunded. I know it's a pain in the ass to take a PK, lose all your good stuff, then have to wait for the resulting report and items back, but we'll still handle them and we have more time to handle things like breakins and search warrants.

I still feel like break-in requests and search warrants could be requested on the forum, an admin picks it up (or is assigned it) and a day/time is scheduled. This could work, it could not, just a thought. It also adds another whole request thing so ehhhhhhhhhh ... there's gotta be a middle ground somewhere that works, just gotta find it.

Reports IG should be for things requiring immediate attention:

• General issues (flipping cars, texture loss, poor grammar, etc).
  • Severe rule breakages (rule 19, mass DM, toxicity).
  • Things needing a witness unless a video is caught (unrealistic driving, failing to RP fear etc).
  • PM reports.
  • Desync issue.
  • Trucker not RPing.
  • AFK in public or "pretending" to be AFK.
  • Looting in public
  • (obviously there's more)

If you have a video, take it to the forum. If a player is being extremely toxic and should be removed immediately, report IG.

All of that is easy to say of course, we need to make sure forum reports do improve.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

Personal observation! (DISCLAIMER: this is an opinion piece and by no mean represents a factual statement)

~60% of reports can be resolved by PMing each other and talking it out like relatively-functional relatively-sane adults, but the first instinct is to report because hey, talking to people is scary. 🥺

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
4 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

Personal observation! (DISCLAIMER: this is an opinion piece and by no mean represents a factual statement)

~60% of reports can be resolved by PMing each other and talking it out like relatively-functional relatively-sane adults, but the first instinct is to report because hey, talking to people is scary. 🥺

It can't though because people are too egotistical and get upset over the smallest of things.

4 hours ago, Wuhtah said:

I really hate break-ins, I'm not going to lie to you.

If admins hate break-ins why do admins have to be involved? It's clearly not something admins want to do, leaving players waiting hours and hours. This has been an on-going issue for over a year. If you don't want to do it, give players more power.

Allow players to flip cars themselves, we already have fixrevive, fixloc. This isn't a big ask.

• Applaud 1
31 minutes ago, shotgun_sam said:

If admins hate break-ins why do admins have to be involved? It's clearly not something admins want to do, leaving players waiting hours and hours. This has been an on-going issue for over a year. If you don't want to do it, give players more power.

Allow players to flip cars themselves, we already have fixrevive, fixloc. This isn't a big ask.

I speak only for myself, not the rest of the staff team. A lot of them like it. Please don't think I am speaking for the entire staff team as I've said this numerous times within this discussion thread.

35 minutes ago, shotgun_sam said:

I thought the reason why those are long reports is because admins have to supervise the sit due to stash info and present CCTV. I don’t think we have integral players for break-ins to be executed alone.

• Wuhtah locked this topic