Whats with the admin response time?

Zach..

7 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

ou have players who stated they waited 3 days for their PM report to be answered

But we have avenues and bureaucrasy in place for a reason. If I put in a properrt request it'll get handled when it gets handled. Why have these systems if players can report instead?

Just now, shotgun_sam said:

But we have avenues and bureaucrasy in place for a reason. If I put in a properrt request it'll get handled when it gets handled. Why have these systems if players can report instead?

Sorry, I'm confused on what you're asking. Property Requests are for getting a business where we dive into your assets, if it makes sense for your character, etc. 

People /report for let's say garages that go with houses, business scripts tied to leases, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

We don't assign things... but uhh - I mean I guess that could help? But generally speaking, it's honestly not a huge deal to us to read all the /reports when they come up. At first, yes it's an eyesore, but as you continue to do it, it just becomes second nature at that point.

Not sure if you've read the whole thing. I'm talking about the other change for players specifically.

3 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

Not sure if you've read the whole thing. I'm talking about the other change for players specifically.

I honestly don't want to make it more troublesome for players. It seems like a cool idea, but I don't know if it's exactly needed to make them do categories like that. I rather have it all on one screen and start from the oldest first - if it's multiple categories, it may be harder to do that, or some admins may camp out the 'easy' reports in the 'easy' section etc. 

5 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

People /report for let's say garages that go with houses, business scripts tied to leases, etc. 

Misunderstood what you meant, sorry. But I still stand by my point that if they reported for A, then you do A and not B because they asked because of who you are during peak hours.

• Applaud 1

There’s a lot of great commentary in this thread, but not seeing a lot of suggestions, which may be helpful to staff. I have two comments for the community, and then four possible suggestions for the team. I’m pretty new to the server so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Comments:

I was a co-owner of a very large RP community for some time (which also had a ‘ticketing’ system), so I have a little perspective to these staff situations. Staff are unpaid volunteers dedicating their time so that others can have a more enjoyable experience. It’s a position of sacrifice and often thankless so I’d just urge everyone to keep that in mind! 😀

In my experience in the RP community I described, tickets got very overwhelming. I remember at times, they would stack up and I would just sit there looking at the queue saying “oh crap.” That happening over and over can lead to burn out for sure. The burn out is VERY real and it can creep up. One incident can take a long time to handle, having to dig through logs, interview participants, review (often conflicting) player reports, examine facts. Then when it’s all said in done, admins subsequently have to make a decision that you know is going to piss someone off. It all contributes to burn out.

Suggestions:

1.) Players should ask themselves “should I really be sending this report?” 🤔 Me personally, I’ve opened a couple tickets that ultimately weren’t critical so I closed them out just for the sake of not adding to the ticket queue. Maybe I’m way off, but I’d be willing to bet 10-20% of tickets being submitted could have been resolved outside the need for the report function. If we all just re-examine what we submit before sending a report off, that might help with the burden, and subsequently allow the admins to address more pressing concerns.

2.) Is there any way for staff to tweak some of the rules to put more of the onus on the players to police themselves? For example, do you really need to have an admin observe a break-in for 20 minutes? Can the onus be put on the player to act correctly and if they don’t, address that as a separate issue? Maybe do random audits of break-ins instead, so that players never know when an admin is watching? I’m sure there are better examples of where players can police themselves, this was the first example that came to mind. Obviously there are a lot of issues that pop up (just looking at the public player reports), but I have to believe that there are significantly more conflicts that go without a hitch (maybe I’m being naive).

3.) Allow admins to handle a wider variety of tickets, even if they're in the requesting faction. If you’ve selected admins for these roles there is an inherent amount of trust that you’re placing in them. If they’re in this position they should probably be given the benefit of the doubt that they’ll squash their bias. Use checks and balances within the staff to verify that this doesn’t happen.

4.) See where staff can “cut fat” when it comes to the behind the scenes paperwork and bureaucracy. The more red tape there is, the more resources/time you need to dedicate swimming through all the details. I’ve observed this with several operational functions (like faction recruitment), so I have to imagine it’s happening on the staff side. Maybe the staff can re-evaluate some of the processes they’re doing to see if it can be more streamlined.

Edited by oliviarav3n
  • Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Wuhtah said:

It's easier said than done in all fairness. You have players who stated they waited 3 days for their PM report to be answered (who knows if this is exaggerated or not), so they see a PM admin handle their flip car, they want to go quickly on their other character to get it handled. I can't really blame them for this - I'm going to take them at their word even if it may be exaggerated because then I have yet another angry player that is mad at the system and administrators taking a long time. 

It's truly a lose-lose situation.  

There's also the factor we have a community with shit ton of DM, cop baiting, disconnects, etc.

When your community isn't mature enough to keep common courtesy in general lines, the system gets flooded with reports, so "easy reports" don't get handled easily because they have to keep going on and going on, focusing in most critical tasks and dealing with the rest in batches.

12 minutes ago, Xaleya said:

There's also the factor we have a community with shit ton of DM, cop baiting, disconnects, etc.

When your community isn't mature enough to keep common courtesy in general lines, the system gets flooded with reports, so "easy reports" don't get handled easily because they have to keep going on and going on, focusing in most critical tasks and dealing with the rest in batches.

I've started personally banning players who disconnect as I have heard from the community that this is what they have leaned to. If a player disconnects from the game and isn't back within 15 minutes, a permanent ban is placed on their account. Now, I will of course discuss with them in their own appeal of what happened, why it happened, and move forward to a more justified punishment. 

As for forum reports, I do the same. After given 48 hours, if the reported party does not wish to respond, a ban will be placed on their account until they would like to discuss what happened in my ban appeal section. 

Will this overall help the server? I don't know yet. It's something I am trying from listening to players and reading complaints. 

As for the shit ton of DM and cop baiting .. That's another story that I frankly just rather stay away from commenting.

• Upvote 3

Waited 5 hours with a group of 4 about a week or two ago for a break in request with staff coming on and off duty and never got a response. Just depends on if they want to answer or not, really. Put a report up every hour as a reminder and every single one was trashed and we were told to be patient. Across the board fuckery lol

Edited by Dustyboi
  • Wuhtah locked this topic