Make businesses being ran inside of a residential area not allowed ICly enforced instead of OOCly enforced

Think about it this way - in an apartment complex, you have neighbors. Neighbors will complain about noises. Why would there be a dance floor.. with a DJ booth set up in an apartment? House parties get cops called all the time on them because of the noise, and you're wanting to implement a DJ booth, dance floor, and all of this? 

All of the links you also provided were actual 'warehouses' or NOT apartments. 

The first one - was a commercial property.

Elon Musk - Rented a FRAT HOUSE. 

Underground nightclub on a commercial property.

Illegal nightclub inside a HOME (picture shows a house, not an apartment). 

One link you sent wasn't even a nightclub, it's just titled that - the dude was selling alcohol without a license, can't even call it a nightclub.

Underground strip club operating inside an INDUSTRIAL BUILDING. 

All of these links are of either old abandoned buildings or houses (RARELY houses, I should add). 

So you did further my point in that an apartment should not be this way. Mapping rules do cover this briefly found here:

"The mapping itself must have a realistic structure and features" - you will not see a nightclub features within an apartment. Sure, you can put down a little tile floor that you bought at walmart and call it a day.

"The interior must match the general atmosphere of the surrounding neighborhood (e.g. don't make a high-end nightclub in South LS)." - Another example: if it's in an apartment complex, chances are - it's not going to make sense for a nightclub to be in it.

@Frezemis - perhaps Frezemis can add a CLEAR rule then if it's hard to understand as well. 

There ARE ways around it as I mentioned the IFM scheme and you can talk to Property Management as well. It's easier to approve of the 1 good egg rather than approve everyone and let them go crazy and have to do continuous mapping investigations. If you want it, come talk to us - simple as that.

This is such a hard no for me.

• Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

Think about it this way - in an apartment complex, you have neighbors. Neighbors will complain about noises. Why would there be a dance floor.. with a DJ booth set up in an apartment? House parties get cops called all the time on them because of the noise, and you're wanting to implement a DJ booth, dance floor, and all of this? 

When people complain about too much bureaucracy on the server, this is what they mean. I believe the person in question made a really fun house party. Tons of people came and there was fun RP to be had. PM shut him down OOCly, and the next day when he renovated and tried to do it by PM's rules, literally nobody came. RP ruined.

Wuhtah's point could work if, instead of PM shutting down RP OOCy, admins could just anonymously call the cops and have it shut down. That's actually good RP for everyone involved and leads to more development and realism than PM going "no fun allowed".

2 minutes ago, space monkey said:

When people complain about too much bureaucracy on the server, this is what they mean. I believe the person in question made a really fun house party. Tons of people came and there was fun RP to be had. PM shut him down OOCly, and the next day when he renovated and tried to do it by PM's rules, literally nobody came. RP ruined.

Wuhtah's point could work if, instead of PM shutting down RP OOCy, admins could just anonymously call the cops and have it shut down. That's actually good RP for everyone involved and leads to more development and realism than PM going "no fun allowed".

House parties are fine - these used to happen all the time. I am talking moreso full-blown businesses. The player in question can approach me and we can come to an agreement easily. There must have been something that the administrator disagreed with, and I will be more than willing to talk about what can be held as a house party and what can't be - roleplay wise. 

Admins COULD just anonymously call the cops, but how will we know it's going to begin with? We're already on multiple reports as it is and we can't always keep track of /ads. We're not saying "no fun allowed" - we're saying, come work with us. 

If you don't reach out, then yes, you'll sulk and think that we're a bunch of gatekeepers. 

Communication is key, I highly recommend using it as we're not trying to be gatekeepers. 

• Upvote 3
20 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

There must have been something that the administrator disagreed with, and I will be more than willing to talk about what can be held as a house party and what can't be - roleplay wise. 

Could house parties use the blip feature then? It's hard to get people to know there's a party without it.

Edited by space monkey
41 minutes ago, space monkey said:

Could house parties use the blip feature then? It's hard to get people to know there's a party without it.

I have seen it happen, I don't see why this would be an issue, just don't advertise it in /bad or /cad - I'm pretty sure you can place a blip without advertising. Also, you can always /createscene "A sign is placed for house party at floor x room y". 

People use the blips for all kind of social features, not always businesses. 

15 hours ago, Slumped said:

How is it working as intended? I used an apartment, by the way. I ran my idea by admins but was told it was unrealistic. 

If it's unrealistic, then it is not fitting to the server. So, it is working as intended.