Increase Day and Night cycle.

Jax

8 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

let’s theorized for a second. With a twelve hour day/night cycle, let’s say you play, eight whole hours. That’s a lot, you can get six hours of daylight, two of night, or six of night, two of day, or four of day, four of night.

You get the best of both worlds. No immersion ruined.

Lets say you log off during the six hour day, come back in eight hours and it’s night. whoops, character overslept.

the only possible way this is in any way immersion breaking is if you spend a very unhealthy time playing the server consistently. 

Plenty people play in the 4-6 hour range. 12 hour day night cycles are some Korean MMO shit and you d have unimmersive moments like server time midnight having broad daylight. No thanks.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Developer

Okay I am going to lock this as speeding up the time or two cycles a day is not something we are interested in. And neither does the community it seems. As that indeed would break immersion and make it confusing when an event is planned.

As I mentioned in one of my previous comments we are already looking into making the nights a little shorter VISUAL WISE so the effects just start later. In real the summer nights are also way shorter than in the winter. This will NOT affect the time or dates just the visual effects of nighttime.

• Upvote 8