Increase Day and Night cycle.

Jax

1 minute ago, St3fan[NL] said:

Changing the night cycle wont affect the times, dates or what so ever.

It basically means the following:

Sundown starts around 10-11PM

Fully dark around 0AM

Sunset starts around 4-5AM.

So you get longer daytime, shorter nighttime.

So you saying the change is possible and it won't cause many issues /time/ wise?

• Developer
Just now, Resick said:

nope unless it affects the actual day/time as well, such as jail times 

Elaborate on this? Why would it need to speed up the jail times?

We will just have to pretend LS has shorter nights, we pretend alot of things.. Nothing IC is changed.

• Developer
Just now, Jax said:

So you saying the change is possible and it won't cause many issues /time/ wise?

It wont cause ANY time issues. Its pure visual.

6PM will still be 6PM just no sundown

11PM will still be 11 PM and will start sundown. Etc.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

Elaborate on this? Why would it need to speed up the jail times?

We will just have to pretend LS has shorter nights, we pretend alot of things.. Nothing IC is changed.

edited my reply

instead of pretending LS has short nights, make it so a full cycle counts as 1 day else it wouldnt make too much sense 

18 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

It wont cause ANY time issues. Its pure visual.

6PM will still be 6PM just no sundown

11PM will still be 11 PM and will start sundown. Etc.

That's kind of ridiculous and immersion breaking.

I think sundown at 9 PM, sunrise at 5, AM is a reasonable compromise.

Anything more drastic than that and it's almost game-breakingly bad. It's ten-thirty at night and it's broad daylight outside? That's goofy.

A better option would just be to shift the timezone back two hours and then add ONE hour of daylight.

That way the NA timezone gets 3 hours of extra daylight (during NA's late afternoon-evening, which is the prime NA time to play) with minimal loss to everyone else.

Edited by NickyW

"I feel a disturbance in the force."

No, no thanks. This would cause so many continuity errors, breaks immersion... the list goes on forever. Whilst I support those out of the Server's timezone and would love for them to experience Daylight RP; I too have been a nightdweller and know what it's like to only RP in the darkness without ever getting a glimpse in the light.

Once they changed it, immersion broke and was very difficult to keep alive.

"I'll see you tomorrow."
"((Wait, like, tomorrow IRL, or tomorrow in server hours?))"

• Upvote 1

To bounce off what Nervous said, nights are rather short during the summer anyways. Here in California it isn't even getting totally dark until it is past 9pm. Heck, in some parts of the world it hardly gets dark at all (or is dark all the time), like way up north in Alaska. We can keep server time how it is for organization purposes and have the visual change so people can roleplay during both the daytime and the night.