Increase Day and Night cycle.

Jax

9 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

i would honestly rather never see daytime as an American player than for the day/night cycle to change every 4-6 hours. Something like that would destroy immersion for me.

• Upvote 1

I agree with this. Peak times usually occur at the evening and further into the night, and that doesn't make any sense. Moving the timezone or even decreasing the night cycle would open up so many opportunities for a larger portion of the community that isn't able to play during the day. We need to find a balance so everyone can enjoy daytime and do proper outdoor activities without it being pitch dark out.

Edited by Tiddy
  • Upvote 1

very based very cool and very needed

we timeskip for everything, if you honestly spend twenty-fours on the server, my friend, there are bigger issues to speak about.

it’d be cool to properly roleplay through a 12 hour shift without having to spend twelve hours ingame.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

i'm not so worried about immersion, but this would create serious continuity issues long term.

Would we treat one day as three from now on?

How many irl days pass in a week?

Is irl monday ig monday?

Did Joe murder Jack a week ago or was it three weeks?

No thanks

• Upvote 2
31 minutes ago, knppel said:

i'm not so worried about immersion, but this would create serious continuity issues long term.

Would we treat one day as three from now on?

How many irl days pass in a week?

Is irl monday ig monday?

Did Joe murder Jack a week ago or was it three weeks?

No thanks

Monday starts at midnight, 3 am is Monday like currently is.

And we already live in a world where John went to prison and came out a week later with months of stories, where Sally had her baby after a month, Tim aged up 3 years as he got promoted, and bald Ben now has hair down to his shoulder a day later.

I think we can get around the fact that when most Europeans are asleep at 3 am, an American can rp getting an ice cream jogging along the sunny Vespucci beach.

Edited by Natala
  • Upvote 5

Yes, I think this would provide us with the best of both worlds. It allows players to enjoy both the "night life" and also daytime activities like hiking or time on the beach. Nothing is to scale anyways, players always accelerate in-game time ICly (case in point, the entire hospital, prison system), so there is no point in latching hard to in-game time when it already isn't synchronized with reality. Or if we could make "server time" a universal OOC way of communicating time for players while keeping the day/night cycle independent.

2 minutes ago, Natala said:

And we already live in a world where John went to prison and came out a week later with months of stories, where Sally had her baby after a month, Tim aged up 3 years as he got promoted, and bald Ben now has hair down to his shoulder a day later.

The big difference is:

These are individual examples that, while technically also conflicting with continuity, don't affect the bigger picture, only those involved in the respective development.

June 17th, 2022 is June 17th ingame for everyone, and june 18th that- regardless if a few people rp aging up or giving birth or die tonight.

Establishing a sped-up circle would either demand us to adjust the general time to pass faster ingame (including the calendar progressing faster), or an explicit verdict by staff stating that every calendar day happens 4 times (to keep ig dates in line with irl ones despite effectively 4 day circles passing ingame).

Thanks but no thanks, causes more issues than it solves

• Upvote 1