More frequent crashing recently?

1 hour ago, thelostart22 said:

Because everyone has experienced a way less stable client since exactly the very first day EAC was put in place. Longer rage loading, more crashes at launch and more sudden crashes IG, it's that simple of an observation.

As the redditors say: ‘Correlation does not necessarily equal causation’. 

An element of the poorer performance must have come from the implementation of all of these server side assets. I only ever crash if I get near to a large number of players, through an area with a tonne of mapping (Chamberlain Hills) etc. 

I can see how EAC couldve increased loading times and potentially crashing but not how it would cause more texture loss, poor performance ingame and crashing in highly populated/over mapped areas.

GTAV modders do not rival the optimisation of assets made by R* in the slightest. No LODs, clothing made using cloth simulators etc that result in 100s of thousands of verts vs the average r* clothing model which has a couple of thousand at absolute most. There are probably at least 3-400 female clothing mods alone. I personally like the fact there are serverside clothing mods but they should be cut down, especially large files with excess vertices and no LODs. 

The mapping is another topic however. It just seems like such a backwards thing to do. GTAW admins have been despawning cars to help with texture loss, invisible players etc since the dawn of its creation.

Why is adding 10,000 trees to the map a good trade off for better performance? I can understand at least new neighborhoods etc provide new opportunities for RP but scattering palm trees on every street is bound to affect performance for absolutely nothing in return.

• Applaud 2
On 6/15/2022 at 5:45 PM, Young Hk100dsta said:

I don't know if its the additions to the mapping or something, but my game is using 4gb of RAM within itself which seems crazy for GTAV. My friends game was going up to 5.5GB RAM usage (?!!). 

This isn’t crazy at all… GTA V uses at least 8GB of RAM. If you only have 8GB of RAM, your RAM usage will shoot up to 100% with GTA V running, not GTAW, just regular GTA V. That’s normal. I’ve experienced that back before I bought myself more RAM. There’s a reason why the minimum requirement for GTA V is 8GB RAM, technically it says 4gb if you google it but 4gb of ram is basically unplayable for GTAV, the game stutters every second if you try

But yeahhh… the game uses at least 8GB of RAM. It’s normal. In fact, 8GB is like bare minimum to what the game uses. So I dunno why you’re so alarmed that it’s using 4-5GB. Even singleplayer GTA V uses more than 4 GB of RAM.

But to answer the topic… Yup, the game’s  definitely crashing way more than usual. I’m blaming it on EAC. It only started happening after EAC was implemented.

Edited by ScarletRose
9 hours ago, $hadow said:

EAC doesn't even effectively stop players from cheating.

Not only that but causes invisibility issues and other problems regarding games which use EAC.
It only works for avoiding piracy but that's all.

my game is using 4gb of RAM within itself which seems crazy for GTAV. My friends game was going up to 5.5GB RAM usage (?!!). 

GTA always used more than 4gb, it's well know for having memory leaks in the past, I don't know now, I stopped looking since I have 32gb of ram.

On 6/16/2022 at 1:10 AM, Zach.. said:

I dont think it's the mapping. It's the horribly made client. I have a 5800x with a 3070 and crash often. Its just a shit game.

The more assets you have to load, the more unstable the client will get. I wasn't crashing this much 2 years ago.

• Upvote 1
On 6/16/2022 at 11:30 PM, Young Hk100dsta said:

As the redditors say: ‘Correlation does not necessarily equal causation’. 

An element of the poorer performance must have come from the implementation of all of these server side assets. I only ever crash if I get near to a large number of players, through an area with a tonne of mapping (Chamberlain Hills) etc. 

I can see how EAC couldve increased loading times and potentially crashing but not how it would cause more texture loss, poor performance ingame and crashing in highly populated/over mapped areas.

Indeed. On top of the base RageMP client, the EAC implementation, GTA5, and Rockstar Games Launcher*, the game server can also play a part in the gaming performance.

The client is primarily responsible for compiling the scripts and making them usable on the end-user (aka the players), so a faulty game script and modifications can freak out the server and/or the client. Just because a feature is working does not mean "nothing is wrong" — a optimized, streamlined code is necessary for a smooth and stable experience. Unfortunately, debugging is a very tricky task when the client also has its own pile of issues, particularly the undocumented changes made by RageMP developers, which complicates things for server developers.

Most people believe EAC is to blame for the issues whereas it is possible that EAC has little to no effect in the performance issues at all. RageMP launches the game with its own executable (ragemp_v.exe) as opposed to the pre-EAC method of simply hooking itself into GTA5.exe. If you have played (and observed) RageMP long enough, you would know that ragemp_v.exe used to only serve as the launcher, but now, it loads GTA5.exe inside of it. Take SA-MP and MTA:SA for example: SA-MP simply injects sa-mp.dll into gta_sa.exe, whereas MTA:SA runs everything in Multi Theft Auto.exe.

Things like ReShade, ShadowPlay, and the "pre-EAC" GTAW Chatlog Parser used to rely on GTA5.exe. Now, you have to reinstall ReShade inside C:/RAGEMP to get your shader presets to work; you have to manually add ragemp_v.exe to NVIDIA Control Panel to get your ShadowPlay to record things; and you have to download Adv's version of the parser to save chat logs since it modifies the process string to use ragemp_v.exe. NVIDIA Game Filters is a lost cause since it is something that has to be whitelisted by NVIDIA staff themselves, unless you are willing to install a (very) outdated driver which enables that functionality.

One thing you can blame EAC for is the inability to use ENB and TSNotifier since they are considered DLL injectors which is exactly the main purpose of commercial anti-cheats, albeit they can be added to the whitelist by RageMP developers themselves.

*Rockstar Games frequently alters the algorithm of their online services, forcing third-party multiplayer modifications to resort to workarounds whilst avoiding legal issues (aka you need a licensed copy of the game; something the FiveM Team taught to avoid piracy allegations from Take-Two). This is why the RGL loading window would sometimes stay open even if you are already in-game.

Will the eradication of EAC bring an end to our unending agony? It depends. If everything is still running in ragemp_v.exe without EAC, I doubt it would address all the issues. If RageMP reverts to the GTA5.exe injection method like it used to, our gaming performance will be more or less the same as pre-EAC levels.

TL;DR: There is a chance that EAC is not the major contributor to the performance issues at all, so "removing EAC" will not address the significant issues. It is RageMP that needs to optimize the entire client framework or at least have an option to revert to the old method of injecting into GTA5.exe.

This is just my obseration though.

• Applaud 1
7 hours ago, Giga said:

Indeed. On top of the base RageMP client, the EAC implementation, GTA5, and Rockstar Games Launcher*, the game server can also play a part in the gaming performance.

The client is primarily responsible for compiling the scripts and making them usable on the end-user (aka the players), so a faulty game script and modifications can freak out the server and/or the client. Just because a feature is working does not mean "nothing is wrong" — a optimized, streamlined code is necessary for a smooth and stable experience. Unfortunately, debugging is a very tricky task when the client also has its own pile of issues, particularly the undocumented changes made by RageMP developers, which complicates things for server developers.

Most people believe EAC is to blame for the issues whereas it is possible that EAC has little to no effect in the performance issues at all. RageMP launches the game with its own executable (ragemp_v.exe) as opposed to the pre-EAC method of simply hooking itself into GTA5.exe. If you have played (and observed) RageMP long enough, you would know that ragemp_v.exe used to only serve as the launcher, but now, it loads GTA5.exe inside of it. Take SA-MP and MTA:SA for example: SA-MP simply injects sa-mp.dll into gta_sa.exe, whereas MTA:SA runs everything in Multi Theft Auto.exe.

Things like ReShade, ShadowPlay, and the "pre-EAC" GTAW Chatlog Parser used to rely on GTA5.exe. Now, you have to reinstall ReShade inside C:/RAGEMP to get your shader presets to work; you have to manually add ragemp_v.exe to NVIDIA Control Panel to get your ShadowPlay to record things; and you have to download Adv's version of the parser to save chat logs since it modifies the process string to use ragemp_v.exe. NVIDIA Game Filters is a lost cause since it is something that has to be whitelisted by NVIDIA staff themselves, unless you are willing to install a (very) outdated driver which enables that functionality.

One thing you can blame EAC for is the inability to use ENB and TSNotifier since they are considered DLL injectors which is exactly the main purpose of commercial anti-cheats, albeit they can be added to the whitelist by RageMP developers themselves.

*Rockstar Games frequently alters the algorithm of their online services, forcing third-party multiplayer modifications to resort to workarounds whilst avoiding legal issues (aka you need a licensed copy of the game; something the FiveM Team taught to avoid piracy allegations from Take-Two). This is why the RGL loading window would sometimes stay open even if you are already in-game.

Will the eradication of EAC bring an end to our unending agony? It depends. If everything is still running in ragemp_v.exe without EAC, I doubt it would address all the issues. If RageMP reverts to the GTA5.exe injection method like it used to, our gaming performance will be more or less the same as pre-EAC levels.

TL;DR: There is a chance that EAC is not the major contributor to the performance issues at all, so "removing EAC" will not address the significant issues. It is RageMP that needs to optimize the entire client framework or at least have an option to revert to the old method of injecting into GTA5.exe.

This is just my obseration though.

Makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately it seems like people have their mind set on blaming EAC so I doubt we’re gonna see any improvements to the server’s mods or mapping.

Edited by Young Hk100dsta