Money

croozerdog

There so many issues with the economy and a lot of them are self inflicted it really doesn't make sense. Tell me why does it make sense to give every new character created 200k but then implement things like price controls on the most expensive assets so their prices can't adjust as the money supply on the server grows? So we are just giving away money to players but then tell another group of players they can't sell their assets over X amount. Money is perpetually become less valuable so these players just hoard houses because they wont get the price they want. because of the rules. 

The issue isn't the grind jobs. The jobs that people fear people will grind like hunting and fishing no one is grinding them because of the caps on assets and other restrictions. You don't regulate an economy with just top down control. You have to create incentives through certain jobs, taxes, etc. 

11 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Easier said than done. What are your solutions?

I would remove script jobs, there are enough RP jobs to earn money while interacting with others. Garbageman job could be under the public work faction, The 24/7's could be a private faction like Aurum is, led by players instead of just being a script. There would be much more RP if players are given more freedom.

To fix the economy I'd also make characters lose their assets if they are character killed. People shouldn't be attached over virtual money and properties. If people would lose them when their character dies, there would be an increase in the supply of properties, thus leading to a major price drop, making properties easier to get in the first place.

The thing is, not everyone wants to play rags to riches stories. If that's the character arc you want to play out, that's fine, but some concepts simply don't make sense to start out scraping by on whatever job they can find to make ends meet.

On 6/15/2022 at 5:15 AM, croozerdog said:

Hehe my fix would be removing grind script jobs and make people engage with factions

In regards to this there are multiple people who refuse to rp with factions out of personal choice, personally I have enjoyed my roleplay, especially illegal far more outside of factions, I feel like the roleplay has been more engaging and interesting for me than it ever was while I was factioned on older characters, I am able to avoid rp with bad roleplayers and am free to develop my character at my own pace. It's really down to someone's personal preference but I can definitely say that factions aren't for everyone as I would rarely find myself playing a factioned character for more than two weeks. As for script jobs? I definitely agree that grinding is lame... but also companies such as IMEX provide a lot of RP for their workers.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Easier said than done. What are your solutions?

No lets be real. The issues we are facing now like houses never being on the market, people just stacking money with no where to spend it these are the consequences of conscious decision made by server management by restricting the housing supply while also capping prices. The way houses rules it decimates housing supply. 

One thing I think should be done is removing on most of the restrictions for how much people can price their house. Put like a -12 month period where you can't resell the house or add like a 50 percent IC tax if you resell the house within a month or two. More houses will come on the market and exchanging hands yes they will getting more expensive but whats the point of capping prices to make things more affordable but the houses are never being sold for those capped prices. I think you should reduce the starter pay but remove the RP line requirement for the 4k/hour paycheck you can get from jobs like taxi or business script. I have so many idea I could propose so lets not pretend ideas aren't being suggested. Its just the server management thinks the can micromanage ever aspect of this server and they can't it just creates other issues. 

Edited by Power
2 hours ago, Zetara said:

In regards to this there are multiple people who refuse to rp with factions out of personal choice, personally I have enjoyed my roleplay, especially illegal far more outside of factions, I feel like the roleplay has been more engaging and interesting for me than it ever was while I was factioned on older characters, I am able to avoid rp with bad roleplayers and am free to develop my character at my own pace. It's really down to someone's personal preference but I can definitely say that factions aren't for everyone as I would rarely find myself playing a factioned character for more than two weeks. As for script jobs? I definitely agree that grinding is lame... but also companies such as IMEX provide a lot of RP for their workers.

Yeah I wouldn't say IMEX still counts as grinding, the RPG system behind it sure, but you're still part of a trucking faction basically. I agree though, I'm not a faction player myself, I love being more of a background character.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Lurleen said:

I would remove script jobs, there are enough RP jobs to earn money while interacting with others. Garbageman job could be under the public work faction, The 24/7's could be a private faction like Aurum is, led by players instead of just being a script. There would be much more RP if players are given more freedom.

To fix the economy I'd also make characters lose their assets if they are character killed. People shouldn't be attached over virtual money and properties. If people would lose them when their character dies, there would be an increase in the supply of properties, thus leading to a major price drop, making properties easier to get in the first place.

Yeah the MTA server I played on had "stat transfers" and this server has "name changes"
They're completely OOC and help to ruin the already fragile economy. But I bet it's a huge part of real life profits, since people ARE overly attached to their IC stuff.