Claire-Voyance: Episode Seven Point Five (an update)

unknown.png

(left to right: Victoria Moore, Claire Skye)

Just a quick update since we've been gone for a bit. Big content warning, we're talking about some nasty violence.

* The intro music of "Do You Believe In Magic" plays for some time before it fades out into background noise. (( Claire Skye ))*
Claire Skye says: Hey guys, it's your friends over at Claire-Voyance. We're alive. We didn't get fake mustaches and move upstate.
Victoria Moore says: Even as sorely tempting as that was.
Claire Skye says: Extremely. No guests this time, just us two. Just a little update for our Clairvoyants since we stopped uploading.
Victoria Moore says: I do hear the weather in San Fierro is rather nice this time of year. And why don't we start by talking a little about what you were up to, Claire?
Claire Skye says: I wouldn't know, I was staying in Sacramento for some time. Not for uh, vacation purposes, but. I had to find an exotic animal hospital, and after weighing my options found the best reviewed one there.
Victoria Moore says: Before we get too far ahead, in case the listeners have forgotten about Frank, let's get them up to date.
Claire Skye says: Of course. Frank is my black and white argentine tegu. I've had him for about a year, and he is the sweetest lizard you would ever meet. And he suddenly stopped eating, and was super lethargic... my first impulse was to find the best in-state vet for him.
Victoria Moore says: So that is why you spent time out of the city. How is Frank doing now, by the way?
Claire Skye says: He's made a full recovery. Spent a lot more time at the vet than originally intended though, oops. So uh. I had to... extend my stay. The problem was found and treated in the first week or so.
* Claire Skye's voice shows a hint of genuine nervousness.
Victoria Moore says: So... do you want to go into why you extended your stay, since Frank had a quick recovery?
Claire Skye says: ...Um. Yeah. I probably should.
* Claire Skye takes a deep breath.
Claire Skye says: So I had just received an update from the vet about Frank's condition, and then I got another text. I thought it was something else from the vet, but uh. It was something from Tori here.
Claire Skye says: About... how a detective contacted her. And wanted to get in touch with me immediately, on an urgent matter.
Claire Skye says: It took a while to actually get a look of what was actually happening, but... I wasn't safe anymore.
Victoria Moore says: I remember receiving that call, it was a little strange to be sure.
Claire Skye says: When I made Claire-Voyance I fully intended for it to be a space for any voice that needs hearing to be able to speak. But, though I hadn't done anything regarding it, that sentiment was being turned against me. Someone wanted to come on the show.
Claire Skye says: Commented on every episode we have. And... it turns out. The art they wanted to show off... is. Well. It's snuff.
Claire Skye says: ...I'm going to keep the comments on this one off for sure. And maybe the following ones. But, uh. Avoid the blog of... Alison... lemme check the numbers.
Claire Skye says: Alison seven five two one. I, uh, the curiosity got the better of me. The shit's... it's disturbing, that's the best way to describe it. Spare yourself.
Claire Skye says: The fact... the fact that it's available on a public medium like this. The fact, if I had paid attention to those comments... ugh.
Victoria Moore says: I kinda want to jump in here... Claire's reaction is completely normal and reasonable. I guess for me... Well... I'm a native to Los Santos. And I know full well the mental health epidemic we have going on in this city.
Victoria Moore says: While this person needs help, and I do hope they get the help they need. They should be getting that help incarcerated.
Claire Skye says: ...mental health.
Claire Skye says: See, this is part of why people are scared to reach out. Because people hear the words "mentally ill" and think of people like Alison here.
Victoria Moore says: Well you know joke. "A wacko, a nutjob and a psycho walk into the bar. The bartender says: Another Tuesday in Los Santos."
* Claire Skye sighs.
Victoria Moore says: Well, to be fair Claire, that person /is/ mentally ill. But the term 'mentally ill' is a spectrum. It can be someone who has mild depression. All the way to someone who... well... like this Alison individual.
Claire Skye says: Yeah... yeah, I know. Just... guys. This is making it very hard for us. Because while on one hand I would love to just let anyone come on and tell their story... I think this has kinda put in the reminder that you can't trust anybody on the internet.
Claire Skye says: Well... any random person.
Victoria Moore says: Needless to say we will be vetting our guests pretty stringently from here on out, and it will effect out upload schedule.
Claire Skye says: Sorry, everyone. I never wanted to spend this much time away. And... I thought if we could stay just small enough, none of this creepy shit would happen. But... this person. They've been commenting since pretty early.
Victoria Moore says: As the old adage goes: "This is why we can't have nice things."
Claire Skye says: Precisely.
Victoria Moore says: What does that mean for you, dear listeners? We won't be able to keep a schedule of a weekly podcast, not with the new vetting we'll have to go through for each and every guest. Episodes won't be coming out as often.
Claire Skye says: I'm sad. I'm disappointed. I'm scared. But most of all I'm worried, because... I thought this was a safe space. I thought this listener community was one where we wouldn't have to watch our backs like this.
Claire Skye says: Alison... please stop sharing this 'art'. Please stop making this 'art'. Stick to your city photography. It's actually really nice.
Claire Skye says: Delete the bloodshed so people can enjoy your photography without having to see beaten women.
Claire Skye says: ...It's... a shot in the dark, but I hope this gets through to you. Seriously.
Victoria Moore says: And most importantly, consider turning yourself in to the authorities, to get the help you need.
Claire Skye says: Yes, please, that.
Claire Skye says: You're not supposed to find enjoyment from brutalizing those ladies. They are not your canvases. 
Claire Skye says: I'd love to see the brilliant photographer you could be without those dark urges.
* Claire Skye sighs out a laugh.
Claire Skye says: ...Fuck, I'm trying.
Victoria Moore says: Well... I know the feeling, Claire. I am also in a rather maudlin mood this evening. Stemming off of our discussion on Mental health.
Victoria Moore says: It's something that is important to me. As the Listeners may know. I am studying to be a Psychiatrist. And I'm at the point in my training and studies I can see... graduate. I'm not there yet, but it's approaching.
Victoria Moore says: And do you know what struck me, Claire? I spend a night looking ahead, looking at what I would be doing post graduation, when i got my licenses and everything?
Claire Skye says: What?
Victoria Moore says: Nothing... there was nothing there. Not a single opening , not a single job offering. Nothing.
Claire Skye says: ...What?? How is that possible???
Victoria Moore says: The city is in the middle of a Mental Health Crisis and there is they very /real/ potential that as soon as I graduate I'll not be able to find a job.
Victoria Moore says: I'm not sure. I haven't seen any private practices hiring associates. I haven't seen either of the big corporate health systems hiring.

Claire Skye says: Uh-uh. No. Fuck that. Guys. If you've enjoyed listening to us, if you've enjoyed Tori's wisdom over the episodes she's been with us, please, soon, she'll be available to provide that wisdom to you.
Victoria Moore says: It's... like I said, I was more than a little surprised. But I don't know it seems like... things are a bit worse than they have been, even when they were really bad.
Victoria Moore says: Crime is still... Gotham-City levels. The Economy is still... please pardon my language: "Fucked up" but what's worse? It seems like even hope is... gone?
Claire Skye says: Dude, I came back and this shit has only gotten worse after a /month/. Politicians go back and forth on whether the problem is guns or mental illness and they argue over that not doing anything to change either.
Victoria Moore says: The government is about as worthless as an Igloo in Death Valley.
Victoria Moore says: I mean at least with the Igloo you'd have quickly melted ice.
Claire Skye says: This is true.
Victoria Moore says: With the government all you have is a waste of money, time, and oxygen bloviating about the problems the State and the city has, while living in their mansions and dictating from on-high.
Claire Skye says: I'd say we should make our own government but that could get /way/ out of hand real quick.
Victoria Moore says: It probably would. I mean we could make an impassioned speech about people of character becoming involved in the government.
Victoria Moore says: But that's a laugh.
Claire Skye says: Y'all wanna just be a secret society that tries to help shit out in the background? Everybody but the politicians and Alison is invited.
* Claire Skye laughs stiffly.
Victoria Moore says: I don't know Claire. I think this is some of the darkest times I've seen the City at.
Claire Skye says: I mean, yeah, looks like it. Nothing is sacred. Someone tried to nab the Queermobile.
Victoria Moore says: Seriously? Woooow.
Claire Skye says: Shout out to the cool red head that saw and called the cops.
Victoria Moore says: I'm sure the cops were a /great/ help in that.
Claire Skye says: Actually, for once... yeah. The van didn't go far.
Victoria Moore says: This is my shocked face. I mean my actually shocked face, not my mockingly shocked face. Unfortunately the listeners can't see it either.
Claire Skye says: But uh... on the way to the van to just get outta there I saw this one cop just kinda... stare at the license plate. And then looked at me. And it looked like he found the last piece to a thousand piece puzzle.
* Claire Skye snickers.
Victoria Moore says: Did it blow their mind?
* Victoria Moore chuckles quietly.
Claire Skye says: Possibly!!
Claire Skye says: Didn't even ask if I was the one who owned it just. "Have a nice day".
Victoria Moore says: Well... we've brought you a pretty depressing show today. Anything else you'd like to cover tonight, Claire?
Claire Skye says: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hm.
Claire Skye says: We /are/ accepting guest applications via Facebrowser from my account clearskylines or the official Claire-Voyance page. But like you've heard, it's going to be a lengthier process.
Victoria Moore says: You heard it here, if you are interested in being a guest that is the place to reach out to us at. But yes, like Claire said there will be a process behind it form this point forward.
Claire Skye says: Not gonna lie, it sucks to find out your safe space was infiltrated and now you can't just give everyone the benefit of the doubt.
Claire Skye says: But yes.
Claire Skye says: I think that'll be all from me. Tori, anything on your mind?
Victoria Moore says: I guess that leads into what I'd like to say. Dear listeners, keep your friends close, your loved ones and your family. Hold on to those poeple, cherish them. Because the Government, the cops, the corporations. They ain't gunna help you.
Victoria Moore says: Only those people who you hold close and cherish will. So hold onto them.
Claire Skye says: Well said, my dude. See, future psychiatrist!! Speaking of which when do you graduate?
Victoria Moore says: I'm nearing the end of that journey. I still have a bit to go though.
Claire Skye says: If you guys need someone who can listen to you and offer genuine insight and help, hit me up on FB, I'll set you up with her once she got her degree.
Claire Skye says: Claire-Voyance officially endorses future Tori Moore, MD.
* Victoria Moore chuckles.
Victoria Moore says: Well, at lest that's one person who does.
Claire Skye says: Bruuuuuh.
Victoria Moore says: Well, I think that about wraps up our time. And I'm glad you could spend a little time with us. I think it's time to say goodnight Claire.
* Claire Skye laughs softly, an audible facepalm.
Claire Skye says: Goodnight, Claire.
Victoria Moore says: She gets it now!
Victoria Moore says: Until next time, everyone.
Claire Skye says: Byebye!

Comments disabled.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1