Allow minor characters for all types of RP (not only gangs)

On 6/14/2022 at 2:07 AM, Muerta said:

The most development I've had was starting young and then acting accordingly to the factors of the years that pass than starting out as an adult. 

Agreeing with this. I’ve personally had the most fun developing characters from being a minor character and maturing over time.

On 6/16/2022 at 11:45 AM, LuckyBastard said:

Majority of the minors are minors OOC.

I wouldn't expect many of them to know how to RP an adult if that makes sense.

I'll retract from my earlier comment to say let people RP minor characters as civilians and see what change it may bring to the community.

Like @DLimit said, the only reason minor characters were restricted to criminal enterprise roleplay is because 3 corrupt minded individuals decided it was best to roleplay 12 year old prostitutes.

The fuck ?

As stated above with the quote, the fact that people have made underage characters for inappropriate purposes is really fucked up. I hope it was a perma-ban.

But here's the thing: Let's say all (M) characters go just because some adult players/RPers "don't like them". Let's say it's no longer allowed and everyone's character is 18+.

Well, sure, characters. But what about the players? What are we protecting? The players or the characters? Both?

Someone earlier stated that underage players were more inclined to play as underage characters. Of course, not everything is black and white and underage characters play as adults, but either way I think that's pretty true. - People most often tend to stick to their age group or close to it, even in an RP context.

So, what are the options?

A) You disallow (M) characters entirely, and risk actually exposing MORE of those underage players to 18+ RP that people (hopefully) agree they should not be exposed to.

B) You allow underage characters outside of gangs, which brings more incentive for underage players to play as underage characters because suddenly they're not restricted to one kind of RP, and therefore they will have an option in the matter to not expose themselves to 18+ content, because it is prohibited by the rules. If you're an (M) character, that kind of content is not allowed for your character to partake in any way.

C) You remove (M) characters entirely, but in addition you also remove any and all inappropriate content. ie, ERP, 18+ related businesses, activities, etc from the server. But that's just going to make a whole lot of adult players really mad. But, in turn, you're sure that no underage player is going to be exposed to that stuff.

I'd vouch for option B. Will it outright prevent minor players from exposing themselves to that kind of stuff? No. Anyone is free to make an adult character and seeing and partaking in those things. And that's out of your, mine and the server's control. - But option B, to me, is sure as hell a better alternative than forcing underage players to RP as adults by removing (M) characters entirely, which logically exposes them to that kind of stuff more. It's not going to prevent them, but it's going to reduce the likelihood if they have a choice in the matter.

You cannot force underage players or characters out of the server - Well you can to an extent, but that'd just piss those players off. But as of right now, either way, who is there to tell you that the character Joe, 43, strip-club addict, isn't actually being played by an underage player? What can we do about that? it's not like we can know for sure.

TL;DR So yeah. I'm all for letting adult and minor players alike have the choice to opt out of 18+ RP by rule by allowing them (M) civilian RP which opens a wider variety of RP, but also meaning, like it is currently with underage gang characters, if you're an (M), you cannot do it and you cannot expose yourself to 18+ shit. It's not going to solve the problem of the players that go ahead and do it on purpose, but at least with (M)s we have an easier time determining IC and OOC what's crossing a line and what isn't, so that those players can, in turn, have a greater chance to get banned if it ever does occur.

It's much more complex in reality and I don't claim my post isn't a fix to the problem, but yeah, I thought that'd contribute to the above constructively at least.

Edited by Mistery14
  • Upvote 2

do people think that people that rp shitty underaged characters will suddenly be hit by realization and rp perfect adults? that 'ao ma you thick as hell' 16 year old that gets mad and pulls a gun when he's rejected will rp a 18 year old that gets mad and pulls a gun when he's rejected.

stop letting shitty people stay on the server, up the general standard of rp and you won't need to worry about all those scary (m) characters.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1