Allow minor characters for all types of RP (not only gangs)

7 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Which is the minority. 

People always want to limit R.P. because of the actions of a minority of the people, causing the majority to suffer. That's the real problem.

The entire reason (M)s were banned for non-gang-banger RPers was simply because THREE PEOPLE were engaging in pedophilia R.P., out of eight-hundred. Those three people got permanently banned for breaching the Pedophilia rule. There was a time when a lot of minor characters brought some interesting roleplay to the server beyond just "gang-banging", and that was the MAJORITY of (M) players. It diversified the server and made it feel more immersive. Now a days, the only minors that exist are gang-bangers.

We all know gang roleplayers are the ones with the most reports on the server due to the nature of their R.P... shoot-outs etc... so, of course, people will blame (M)s as the only (M)s that exist are gang-bangers. It'd be different if it wasn't just reserved for gangs. 

EDIT: Even after the ban on non-gang-banging Ms, there was one person that created a "child-like" autistic girl that was over-sexualized as an adult... person got banned... so, you see, (M)s aren't the problem, it's portrayal, as a whole. 

With respect, you’re very naive or simply too trusting. Some things just can not be allowed for the better of the community. This is one of them.

13 minutes ago, Brofessor said:

With respect, you’re very naive or simply too trusting. Some things just can not be allowed for the better of the community. This is one of them.

I've been on this server for three years. Throughout those three years, I'd read the player reports once a day. It wasn't a problem on a majority scale.

Like I said, it's an issue with pedophiles and poor character portrayal, not (M). Even when (M)s were banned, you still had adult players RPing as "child-like" women that were over-sexualized, and these people got banned for that.

Before this rule was enacted, it was a rarity for (M)s to have player reports filed against them, except for those in Gang RP, because, of course, gang-RP generally has a lot of issues with people PGing, DMing, and block-wiping (and this isn't targeting gang RP as a whole, but it's more common due to the nature of the RP).

People act like banning (M)s will eliminate poor character portrayal. Instead, you'll just have the same mentality applied to adults... poorly portrayed adults. And these small group of people are the reason as to why people become so reactive with radical solutions such as "ban this, ban that".

We can agree to disagree, though.

Edited by DLimit

Majority of the minors are minors OOC.

I wouldn't expect many of them to know how to RP an adult if that makes sense.

I'll retract from my earlier comment to say let people RP minor characters as civilians and see what change it may bring to the community.

Like @DLimit said, the only reason minor characters were restricted to criminal enterprise roleplay is because 3 corrupt minded individuals decided it was best to roleplay 12 year old prostitutes.

8 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I've been on this server for three years. Throughout those three years, I'd read the player reports once a day. It wasn't a problem on a majority scale.

Like I said, it's an issue with pedophiles and poor character portrayal, not (M). Even when (M)s were banned, you still had adult players RPing as "child-like" women that were over-sexualized, and these people got banned for that.

Before this rule was enacted, it was a rarity for (M)s to have player reports filed against them, except for those in Gang RP, because, of course, gang-RP generally has a lot of issues with people PGing, DMing, and block-wiping (and this isn't targeting gang RP as a whole, but it's more common due to the nature of the RP).

People act like banning (M)s will eliminate poor character portrayal. Instead, you'll just have the same mentality applied to adults... poorly portrayed adults.

We can agree to disagree, though.

Gonna agree with most of this, there is a much wider issue of portrayal on the server and it's not always a simple matter of punishing those at fault. Often they can go under the radar for long periods of time because either nobody can be bothered dealing with forum reports on them or because most admins that are active IG tend to focus on immediate problems that do get reported, along with their subteams. But what can you do if not impose more and more restrictions on what people can roleplay? That would sap any enjoyment of of roleplay for a lot of people, yet you certainly can't loosen current restrictions either. It's really difficult.

That said I stand by what I said about (M) characters I just don't see any need for (M) characters outside of official gangs and vetted by IFM.