Allow minor characters for all types of RP (not only gangs)

3 hours ago, walkdownwitha45 said:

why yall hating on (M)s?

The base problem I see (not just since the introduction of M on gtaw, but like since forever) with roleplaying kids, specially in such a grimey crime setting as ours, is that -from the point of view of the players of adult characters- children are specifically prone to seek escalation (in general, not just with murder).

This is a teenage thing and while it can be annoying irl just as much would in its own not be a big deal.

However, in our settings most minor characters are engaged in some sort of crime (just like the adults they learn from).

In other words, when encountering a minor character ingame, chances are just as big as with an adult that it's an armed-to-the-teeth rowdy who will pick up any fights, being drugged and armed well.

So far so bad.

What's really annoying many people- me included- in this context is that when WE want to portrait our adults realistically, we would normally act different to youngsters than to our peers-

kids be kids and we were young too and all that stuff.

However, with underage characters in our setting not just wanting to be recognized as adults (which would be realistic) but being given armaments to fight over this claim, effectively forcing adults to wage war on kids occasionaly or at least retaliate against them, well.

We can't rp how you'd realistically rp around kids as adult.

Unless our intention again is to collect a gang of kids we mentally abuse and feed drugs and give guns to be loyal. Ah.

And this is overexaggerating, but the core problem is: Children characters participate in adult activities (war) and thus force adults to treat them like little adults with all the consequences.

Simultaneously the sheer existence of M's brings a rat's tail of rules with it to define what child abuse is allowed to rp (le sigh). Sex is not okay, everything else pretty much is.

I'm totally with @Rohan. on this. Roleplaying with minor characters is at the very best not discomforting for the adult player. Often enough it is.

Edited by knppel
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

a lot of members in this community cannot be trusted around children, this has already been proven in the past NUMEROUS times. and lots of them either do not get banned or are silently unbanned after a hidden appeal. this is a bad idea.

6 minutes ago, joshua said:

a lot of members in this community cannot be trusted around children, this has already been proven in the past NUMEROUS times. and lots of them either do not get banned or are silently unbanned after a hidden appeal. this is a bad idea.

I'm down for this idea tbh but there's not really alot of stuff encouraging minor rp except for Gang activity pretty much. Not really any active education system in the game, Youth centre, Junior sports league roleplay not really alot of roleplay which can encourage minor rp. But nah I managed to develop a 16 year old initiated member of a gang turning his life around and instead looking into MMA thats a form of character development I've also seen other minor characters who aren't really gang affiliated but are just living a normal life so yeah there is minor roleplay in Gta world it's just that you don't really see them around alot BUT there are also quite a few factions which encourage passive roleplay with their younger members rather than just going out on killing sprees 24/7 which is definitely not realistic in real life since most of the time it's just posting up, or just vibing which I see few factions recreate. The only thing I can say on why I'm against this idea is how there are alot of people in this community who are quite urm... Concerning and we are definitely gonna see the predators in hiding skyrocket when we see more minors running around.... It's scary as hell maybe if it the people in the community weren't on that weird paedophila ting I'd be down to encourage more minor rp for character development purposes.

Edited by AfroGxaiden

"people can't portray minors the right way -1"
"we dont need more (M) shooters"

half of the server can't even portray their "regular" chars lol it ain't just a (M) issue. i see 5'2" hourglass shaped females beating up men like it's nothing or people drifting their supercars through mission row driving from bar to bar even tho they claim to be drunk icly. should we ban all female chars cause of that? or every sportscar? ofc not. some of y'all need to get a grip and understand that it's just a game.

+1 but put this shit behind an application or sum n give out harsh punishments if u do some weird shit on them. there's no need to limit RP possibilities just cause there's some people who don't know wtf they're doing.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 2
3 hours ago, The taker said:

You can’t even try to create roleplay as a (M) seen hella times at the clubs in vinewood and etc where at (M) would try to get into a club with a fake Id for roleplay not a sexual club a regular club, or a dancing club. Mostly the people who roleplay bouncers allow them in but it’s the people in the club metagaming the (m) on the tag with their shitty “higher-up” roleplay

It has happens irl we have clubs where younger people are always sneaking in. To get a fake ID it comes with roleplay as well, which is something minors do.

Meanwhile what's the difference than some 90 yr old woman who occasionally is seen turning up at the clubs? 

8 hours ago, joshua said: