No more PK wars - Wars should be serious/last resort

KFN

Short Description

PK war's are pointless and disrupt the flow of RP for both Legal and Illegal characters, all wars should be CK wars and wars should be an absolute last resort for factions to settle their quarrels. 

Detailed Description

The current status of PK wars on the server is not to provide any sort of RP for anyone illegal or legal, they are merely for the creation of DM videos (whoever gets the most views is the real winner), much to the degree of a clan war on Roblox or a Minecraft Factions Server. This is even proven in the fact that there is no true 'real or loser' in a PK war as its something that factions usually decide among themselves and neither side typically wants to admit to losing (much like those Roblox clan wars, UCR 20 wins 3 draws 0 losses btw) and the only thing that ends up being lost is time to actually RP and develop characters and a few guns a lot of factions probably have about 60 laying around somewhere anyway).

As of right now PK wars cause nothing but confusion and don't provide an environment that you can properly roleplay in, so much so that a large portion of players almost entirely ignore places such as South-LS as it's closer to a round of Battlefield than the roleplay experience that players are typically looking for. I don't really understand why we allow this to happen as it may isolate a portion of the player-base(d?) that actually wants to roleplay within South-LS properly but can't due to the sheer fact they'll see Hoover Side Blood-Crips Task Force 141 ambush the Liverpool Street Mafia every 5 minutes.

As for where the confusion comes from: You watch your friend get riddled with bullets 500+ times, you know this was your friend you RP this being your friend around the authorities etc crying and such and then suddenly they accept their respawn and it instantly becomes 'some random kid who hung about' like what is the actual point? This is more of a dig at PK's in general but PK war's seriously amplify this as you can't even get angry at said dude for killing your friend, because it wasn't said friend it was just a random local.

More confusion: You are PK'd in the war but are hanging around with your friends when suddenly they are attacked, but instead of fighting back you just watch because you are already dead in this war and you have no place here anymore!

Making wars a serious matter, as of right now I've seen wars played out for extremely petty reasons which honestly shouldn't be the case and most likely wouldn't be the case if all wars were CK wars as people are more likely to care about their characters and their factions in general. I mean aren't war's meant to be an uncommon and major occurrence? But due to the low-risk of them people throw them pretty much whenever they want.

Now, I know there's people who have characters purely for war related purposes, and this will be an issue if all wars are CK wars as you may have instances of Generic-DM char with 20ish hours kills someone's main character who they've developed for months. Well I've got a simple fix for this: don't allow characters who don't have a specific amount of recent hours to actively participate in wars (E.G if they are RPing in their hood and get attacked they can fight back, but they can't actively hunt down the other faction, I'm aware this method isn't bulletproof but neither are PK wars).

Now I don't have the most experience as an illegal rper, though I usually base all my RP around the illegal side I typically end up playing the local character who is aware of what is going on but isn't necessarily involved in any of the actual crime going on (basically I'm a bitch who works in a local business and has many evil-criminal friends). So due to this I'd happily like to hear any thoughts on the matter.

Handy graph showing RP generation during PK and CK wars:

image.png.234fb95d1e79362011a5272ade61dcdf.png

TLDR:

CK wars are like early-wipe Tarkov where you care about dying because you pretty much lose everything you have.

PK wars are like late-wipe Tarkov where you really don't care about dying because gear is replaced as quickly as you lost it.

Positives and Negatives?

+ Reduces amount of meaningless wars.

+ Reduces amount of meaningless killings in general.

+ Removes confusion surrounding dead people being alive.

+ In the event of wars people may more properly RP fear.

+ May increase RP in war heavy places.

- Less sick DM clips.

• Upvote 17
  • Applaud 2

Giant plus one, wait...
+1

I personally think every type of disregard for life should be an instant CK; going into a situation you know is deadly and could be avoided should be ck's, too many heroes/supergangsters

Edited by croozerdog
4 minutes ago, KFN said:

image.png.234fb95d1e79362011a5272ade61dcdf.png

TLDR:

CK wars are like early-wipe Tarkov where you care about dying because you pretty much lose everything you have.

PK wars are like late-wipe Tarkov where you really don't care about dying because gear is replaced as quickly as you lost it.

Graphs and Tarkov referencing. I support.

• Upvote 2

+1 this would spring so much more variety between opposing factions and within your own. Squabbles, this also would give a better purpose to melee weapons, pre-war plots, more funerals of loved-ones, leadership flow, but more than anything, a meaning to a war.