The MMA Thread

2022 has been a treat for us so far in terms of UFC title fights, and I personally can't wait for UFC 276: Adesanya vs. Cannonier. Will Cannonier have it in him to dethrone Stylebender? Excited to see it but I don't think Cannonnier will upset the world and take that belt. What do you guys think and which fights do you want to see made in all weight classes?

Texeira vs Prochazka, who you got? Although Jiri only has 2 fights in the UFC, he is already fighting for the light heavyweight championship. He is one of my favourite fighters because he is so entartaining and unique. I think Jiri will win this fight as he is a young fighter in his prime with a very good skillset and insane power and because Texeira is 42 years old, but I wouldn't be surprised if Texeira pulls it off as his wrestling and submission game is superior to Jiri's, what he did to Blachowicz, who beat Adesanya (one of the P4P best MMA fighters today) was incredible.

What is your take on this fight?

• Applaud 1
On 6/8/2022 at 5:39 PM, MoreLife said:

2022 has been a treat for us so far in terms of UFC title fights, and I personally can't wait for UFC 276: Adesanya vs. Cannonier. Will Cannonier have it in him to dethrone Stylebender? Excited to see it but I don't think Cannonnier will upset the world and take that belt. What do you guys think and which fights do you want to see made in all weight classes?

Easy decision win for Adesanya.

These are the fights I want to happen:

Heavyweight - Stipe Miočić vs Jon Jones, Ciryl Gane vs Tom Aspinall

Light heavyweight - Jan Blachowicz vs Jiri Prochazka, Aleksandar Rakić vs Magomed Ankalaev

Middleweight - Shit division in my opinion, all of the fights happened already

Welterweight - Kamaru Usman vs Khamzat Chimaev, Colby Covington vs Leon Edwards, Gilbert Burns vs Sean Brady, Khamzat Chimaev vs Shavkat Rakhmonov

Lightweight - Charles Oliveira vs Islam Makhachev, Dustin Poirier vs Michael Chandler, Conor McGregor vs Tony Ferguson, Rafael dos Anjos vs Rafael Fiziev

Featherweight - Alexander Volkanovski vs Max Holloway rematch, Brian Ortega vs Yair Rodriguez (happening), Calvin Kattar vs Arnold Allen, Giga Chikadze vs Bryce Mitchell

Bantamweight - Aljamain Sterling vs Petr Yan rematch or Aljamain Sterling vs T.J. Dillashaw, Cory Sandhagen vs Marlon Vera, Sean O'Malley vs Jack Shore

Flyweight - Deiveson Figueiredo vs Brandon Moreno rematch

Women's bantamweight - trash division

Women's flyweight - trash division

Women's strawweight - Carla Esparza vs Rose Namajunas I guess although the rematch was absolutely horrible

Edited by Pet4R
  • Upvote 1
On 6/9/2022 at 6:45 PM, Pet4R said:

Easy decision win for Adesanya.

These are the fights I want to happen:

Heavyweight - Stipe Miočić vs Jon Jones, Ciryl Gane vs Tom Aspinall

Light heavyweight - Jan Blachowicz vs Jiri Prochazka, Aleksandar Rakić vs Magomed Ankalaev

Middleweight - Shit division in my opinion, all of the fights happened already

Welterweight - Kamaru Usman vs Khamzat Chimaev, Colby Covington vs Leon Edwards, Gilbert Burns vs Sean Brady, Khamzat Chimaev vs Shavkat Rakhmonov

Lightweight - Charles Oliveira vs Islam Makhachev, Dustin Poirier vs Michael Chandler, Conor McGregor vs Tony Ferguson, Rafael dos Anjos vs Rafael Fiziev

Featherweight - Alexander Volkanovski vs Max Holloway rematch, Brian Ortega vs Yair Rodriguez (happening), Calvin Kattar vs Arnold Allen, Giga Chikadze vs Bryce Mitchell

Bantamweight - Aljamain Sterling vs Petr Yan rematch or Aljamain Sterling vs T.J. Dillashaw, Cory Sandhagen vs Marlon Vera, Sean O'Malley vs Jack Shore

Flyweight - Deiveson Figueiredo vs Brandon Moreno rematch

Women's bantamweight - trash division

Women's flyweight - trash division

Women's strawweight - Carla Esparza vs Rose Namajunas I guess although the rematch was absolutely horrible

Glover looked horrible after that weight cut man. Nothing unexpected happened though. It's funny to see how my interest has shifted from Light Heavyweight to Heavyweight now. Can we please book some fights for Welterweight soon too? I can't wait for the potential match-ups in that division, I'll be real.

Top three divisions:
1) Lightweight
2) Welterweight
3) Heavyweight

• Kenth locked this topic