Remove health boost from drugs

Narco

No since the boost has been added we've seen an increase in the use of drugs which had made trafficking drugs a realistically profitable venture, and encouraged more roleplay. Idrc about realism here its a video game. Its already against the rules to use them to stack health so simply report if you have a large enough issue with it. 

Edited by Ted

Removing the health boost would simply allow me for just to RP being a meth head without getting the negative effects from using the script. My character has been using meth for the last six months irl and it's also counteracted by the health removal it does every time I log in which forces me to get more drugs, the way it should be.

On 6/9/2022 at 7:23 AM, life in plastic said:

As someone that uses drugs icly for the purpose of roleplay and not the health boost, I still wouldn't support this.

The main reason why people buy drugs on the server is for its health boosts and if you try and remove that, we'll fall back to square one where there's a surplus of drugs in the market with nobody actually wanting to buy them. To prevent drug stacking, we can:

1. Lower the HP limit down to around 130-150 instead of 200 so you physically cant stack drugs.

2. If you have a gun/weapon equipped while on drugs, force the screen effects and maybe add the filter to your screen that drugs used to give you so your vision is also a little fucked on top of the swaying.

3. Increase the rate at which your character becomes addicted to said drugs and decrease the time it takes for you to feel withdrawals (where your HP decreases).

4. Clarify in the rules that drug stacking is a punishable offense.

5. Make it so that you only actually get the health boost 5-10 minutes after usage and also decrease the amount of time you experience the health boost.

This. +1.

I'd also add that withdrawls for highly tolerant and addicted members should have their HP halved, completely, requiring them to consume more drugs to maximize the boost, again.

Nah, leave it.

It's a necessary evil for an item that has huge supply and no demand outside of a few fringe RPers. The boost creates a demand.

I mean shit, the easiest customer to sell drugs to right now is other drug dealers, and that's with the boosts.

There is currently a drug system overhaul on the way - we will take this suggestion (and all the comments of feedback) into account when crafting the exact properties of each drug, and any others to come.

The HP benefits will not be completely removed - there will however be adjustments to how this works. When we have a working draft to provide, it will be posted in the Public Illegal FM Discord: https://discord.gg/HqsM9AFzyY

• Upvote 1