Remove health boost from drugs

Narco

Detailed Description

Remove the health boost from all drugs besides PCP.

Relevant Commands/Items

Nothing, just remove the health boosts

How will it benefit the server?

I understand needing an incentive for drugs on the server, although it’s highly unrealistic to receive a health boost from doing drugs. This would never realistically happen. I can understand PCP as it literally would make the person crazy / feeling invincible, although other drugs should not have a health boost. This leads to tons of power gaming and abuse which just takes up the staff teams time via reports. Removing the unrealistic health boost is a positive since I personally believe players that genuinely want to roleplay with drugs will continue to do so regardless of an unrealistic health boost that most people just take advantage of for fist fights / gun fights. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, L I C E said:

terrible suggestion, i hope you walk past an ice cream machine and it blows up and you drown in frozen yoghurt

What’s your reasoning behind being against removing the health boost besides to gain an unrealistic p2w advantage? I’m genuinely curious.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Narco said:

What’s your reasoning behind being against removing the health boost besides to gain an unrealistic p2w advantage? I’m genuinely curious.

at least drugs serve a purpose right now. before they were useless in every sense of the word. id rather have a scuffed drug market than no drug market at all. all that needs doing is a little tweaking to the numbers of the HP boosts and a tweak to the purity of drugs coming onto the server. right now, to my knowledge, drug suppliers get shit like 100% pure meth in huge quantities which gives 30 HP boost. if this was tweaked so suppliers received large amounts of mediocre drugs, and schemes provided small amounts but with a much higher chance of better quality, you'd see a far healthier market and illegal scene. people would covet the 30 HP meth and it'd be very rare, and ordinarily you'd probably see people with 140-160 HP instead of like 190+ which it is right now.

• Upvote 3
20 minutes ago, L I C E said:

at least drugs serve a purpose right now. before they were useless in every sense of the word. id rather have a scuffed drug market than no drug market at all. all that needs doing is a little tweaking to the numbers of the HP boosts and a tweak to the purity of drugs coming onto the server. right now, to my knowledge, drug suppliers get shit like 100% pure meth in huge quantities which gives 30 HP boost. if this was tweaked so suppliers received large amounts of mediocre drugs, and schemes provided small amounts but with a much higher chance of better quality, you'd see a far healthier market and illegal scene. people would covet the 30 HP meth and it'd be very rare, and ordinarily you'd probably see people with 140-160 HP instead of like 190+ which it is right now.

If purity is rarer, then it would work as nerf to the hp boosts.

3 minutes ago, Xaleya said:

If purity is rarer, then it would work as nerf to the hp boosts.

yeah i mean right now suppliers get like 1000 completely pure of whatever it is drug they're a supplier of per month. that's 1000 30 HP meth boosts, for example. you drop that to 1000 15-20 HP meth boosts and make schemes produce maybe 50-100 per 2-3 weeks and you've fixed the issue imo

6 hours ago, L I C E said:

Apply this formula to all drugs with a purity or quality rating. More mediocre, lower purity/lower quality. Less chance of getting a higher HP boost with that simple change. I’d still nerf the HP boost overall, but I like this idea for drugs across the board.

As much as I dislike the idea of boosts, it’s something that makes drugs useful. It is what it is. Make the benefits more marginal and less ridiculously OP and it would achieve better balance along with the above suggested idea from Lice. 

Edited by Brofessor
4 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Worrying that there's a bunch of people who legitimately think meth making you shrug off headshots is OK.

Support.

Exactly my point, drugs aren't going to make you survive gunshots etc, I understand that the suppliers need to make money etc although drugs should have never become a "health boost", a bit unrealistic. The only drug I could see POTENTIALLY making someone not feel gunshot wounds so much would be PCP, anything else just seems ridiculous. Afterall drugs should be for roleplay purposes not as a "health booster". Appreciate the positive feedback.