Add Cayo Perico

helestron

4 minutes ago, helestron said:

Alright, not Cayo Perico but what about Ludendorff? 

How do you suggest getting there, it's up in the sky. It's also got a whole lot of nothing, there's pretty much a single straight-ish road, and if you go to certain places you just fall through the ground.

4 minutes ago, Galloway said:

How do you suggest getting there, it's up in the sky. It's also got a whole lot of nothing, there's pretty much a single straight-ish road, and if you go to certain places you just fall through the ground.

I think the falling through the ground can be fixed and it's not a "nothing" there. It's a little community where you would be able to roleplay that you're going in a vacantion or, who knows maybe settle down there. 

It just doesn't make sense from an IC point of view. Cayo Perico is a drug cartel island. There are massive guard towers and anti-aircraft missile launchers all over the place. There are corpses washed up on the shores and stuff. Everything about Cayo Perico points that it is a giant drug cartel base. You're not going to be able to hide that on an IC basis. It would make zero sense for legal civilians to be anywhere near the island. 

That being said... Here's an idea: There is one part of Cayo Perico that could be useful. The beach party area. It's a very small area that is perfect for any kind of beach party or event. Maybe Property Management can allow event hosts to "rent" the beach, the same way they allow people to rent that big yacht. That's something that can work. Letting people "rent" the beach for events. 

• Upvote 1

If the area can potentially be remapped to include houses, streets, maybe some businesses I think this would be an awesome addition and would allow players to take advantage of boats. 

Personally I can't see how this would add any type of stream lag across the server as it's literally an island which I don't believe gets streamed in unless you're pretty close to it. It'd be awesome to have a small island / village, can't see this ever getting added unless that would be possible as it's a cartel island. But definitely would have potential if someone remapped it. 

Edited by Narco
2 hours ago, Valkyria said:

Ultimately, this is not up to me. But I think it is extremely unlikely.

You have to get it codified with continuity management, and you'd have to try and get a workaround for all the elaborate military installations on there.

In other words, I do not believe it to be a feasible addition to a roleplay server. Freeroam, for sure. Roleplay, not so much.

I don't want to sound like I'm going to say "But it's easy!" because I'd assume it's not easy to map, but, wouldn't it be possible to map out/build over military installations and essentially bring our own version of Perico by replacing these with housing and such? I mean, we've been able to take out the Davis mall and implemented a whole new area (The projects) into the Los Santos map, and transformed a lot of Paleto bay and I might miss a few other examples - But I think we could theoretically apply the same principles over to Perico, making it our own version. It doesn't necessarily have to be a cartel location that way.

By any means if it has an airport we should leave it, IMO. It'd be great for RP and might encourage travel companies to expand into boat/air transportation. The possibilities of having a 2nd island, even if it's small are pretty much endless, we don't have to see Perico strictly as what it is in GTA V.

Edited by Mistery14
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Mistery14 said:

I don't want to sound like I'm going to say "But it's easy!" because I'd assume it's not easy to map, but, wouldn't it be possible to map out/build over military installations and essentially bring our own version of Perico by replacing these with housing and such? I mean, we've been able to take out the Davis mall and implemented a whole new area (The projects) into the Los Santos map, and transformed a lot of Paleto bay and I might miss a few other examples - But I think we could theoretically apply the same principles over to Perico, making it our own version. It doesn't necessarily have to be a cartel location that way.

By any means if it has an airport we should leave it, IMO. It'd be great for RP and might encourage travel companies to expand into boat/air transportation. The possibilities of having a 2nd island, even if it's small are pretty much endless, we don't have to see Perico strictly as what it is in GTA V.

I couldn’t say it better!

7 hours ago, Mistery14 said:

It is absolutely not easy at all. I believe it is possible, but extremely tedious since you'd need to create a whole lot of stuff and optimize it for general use. But most of all — you'd need to find someone who's willing to do it and has the know-how. I personally have no experience with 3d modeling, but I still imagine that kind of project being a massive undertaking. Since you also need to texture everything and make it make sense.

The whole island would need a revamp.

You'd need to redo the roads and make them nicer. As it stands, they're just dirt roads and if you want anything resembling a tourist area or an island for vacations, those are going to have to be asphalted. All the military installations and weed farms would have to go and be replaced with something that, again, makes sense.

You can put down housing, but I think Cayo Perico would require a more distinct style of housing, which would probably result in more work needing to be done in the way of models (or retexturing existing ones), so it'd be a lengthy process to go through.

IDK, I kind of understand the idea/desire behind it all, and while I think it would be cool I don't think it'd ultimately contribute to a whole lot of interesting stuff. The map feels desolate sometimes as-is, and I don't think splitting it up to a remote island would do a whole lot of good.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Not worth the effort. It will be an under utilized part of the map once the "this is cool and unique" factor wears off, not to mention that we should keep our priority on keeping the area we have to roleplay in active.