Roleplaying car crashes.

Alright, seeing this being not well taken, I'd have an admin L&A this. It was just a suggestion with a lot of thoughts in mind. It was not in my mind to attack, nor go against anyone in any way. However, I thank you all for the opinions.

4 hours ago, TonyPetronero said:

Teetering on powergaming here, same laws apply to IRL. Unless you have a photo of the owner driving the vehicle at the time of the speed capture, they are not responsible for the ticket.

That's all fun and games except when people are racing at 100 mph through a city where realistically you'd do 30 mph.

On 6/20/2022 at 12:29 PM, TonyPetronero said:

Teetering on powergaming here, same laws apply to IRL. Unless you have a photo of the owner driving the vehicle at the time of the speed capture, they are not responsible for the ticket.

Not sure where you are referring to but here in the great United State you get a ticket for speeding / running a red light based on the plate of the vehicle & registered owner of it. If they dispute it they go to court and fight the ticket claiming they did not indeed drive the vehicle. 

As far as the suggestion itself, I think in a perfect world it would be wonderful, roleplaying car crashes is a lot of fun, especially with police involvement, ambulances, and possibly getting airlifted, etc. The issue is the sync & lag. Many times have I been ran over or accidentally hit someone due to lag. I think unless both parties agree without any serious consequences it would be fun to implement it more towards making car crashes a more frequent thing.

1 hour ago, TX said:

Not sure where you are referring to but here in the great United State you get a ticket for speeding / running a red light based on the plate of the vehicle & registered owner of it. If they dispute it they go to court and fight the ticket claiming they did not indeed drive the vehicle. 

As far as the suggestion itself, I think in a perfect world it would be wonderful, roleplaying car crashes is a lot of fun, especially with police involvement, ambulances, and possibly getting airlifted, etc. The issue is the sync & lag. Many times have I been ran over or accidentally hit someone due to lag. I think unless both parties agree without any serious consequences it would be fun to implement it more towards making car crashes a more frequent thing.

You said it better lol

All down for speed cameras! I personally VERY VERY rarely will void a crash, when I do it's usually because the OP has requested it.

There is the bug of invisible people/cars so for that reason I don't think harsher rules are what's needed as we already got admins who assume and lie saying things like "I was spectating you" when you know they wasn't because if they was they'd know your not lying🤣I have seen MULTIPLE admins doing this no one in particular - That aside...

1. Add speed cameras and change their locations on a weekly basis(Maybe make it a command for police?)

2. Along with this code it so the cameras actually snap a shop of the person or does a name check, if name/face matches plate fine should be issued.
There was a very similar system on a SA-MP server I played so I imagine this would be very easy for the people doing the coding behind the scenes.

Reasoning for moving of cameras is because static ones only fix the problem on one road, but if cops get a command to pitch/unpitch speed cameras then there's ALWAYS a chance your going to be caught off guard - no matter how much you know the streets of GTAW.

These cameras should have the function to ping police radio's at the time of the offence also with the registration of the vehicle I.E
If the name doesn't match the plate the driver should be logged as "unconfirmed" cops will NOT be allowed to take this as a guarantee it's stolen, but instead the likely hood that the owner isn't driving(In the UK our speed cameras actually have facial recognition, mostly gender specific, but yeah, I imagine the US has the same)

Dave drives past a pitched camera on Davis avenue, Dave is travelling 75MPH, Dave is in his own car.
This would send an automatic response to the police radio
*Plate: GH1TF2, Model: Karim Asterope RS, Location: Davis avenue, Speed: 75mph/60mph, Driver:confirmed*

Just my two pence, speeding is an IC issue, so to combat it I think the best route is giving cops more tools to fight it.