Defined Poor Escalation as a proper rule/violent character potrayal

To address few things. People looking for a fight will always find a way to get one and starting with insults is the most common way irl to get into a fight.

Especially in gang infested areas or downtown during nights, when city is filled with drunk or otherwise influenced people. Hell you can even geat beaten for saying "No I don't smoke sorry." When they ask you if you have a cigarette. Common sense, don't react to insults especially if you are alone and facing more than one individual. Cause that's a 100% guarantee they wanna jump you and they are just looking for a reason to. This goes triple for bars known for skinhead and biker presence, because both groups are known for extensive efforts to spark a brawl or boot party someone.

You'd be suprised how often people take something as little as "what did you say to me" as a reason to fight someone who is just minding their own business.

This is the most common situation, especially when you are facing more than one individual and they are intoxicated. Irl this happens more often than shootouts on the server.

Edited by Engelbert
3 hours ago, Engelbert said:

To address few things. People looking for a fight will always find a way to get one and starting with insults is the most common way irl to get into a fight.

Especially in gang infested areas or downtown during nights, when city is filled with drunk or otherwise influenced people. Hell you can even geat beaten for saying "No I don't smoke sorry." When they ask you if you have a cigarette. Common sense, don't react to insults especially if you are alone and facing more than one individual. Cause that's a 100% guarantee they wanna jump you and they are just looking for a reason to. This goes triple for bars known for skinhead and biker presence, because both groups are known for extensive efforts to spark a brawl or boot party someone.

You'd be suprised how often people take something as little as "what did you say to me" as a reason to fight someone who is just minding their own business.

This is the most common situation, especially when you are facing more than one individual and they are intoxicated. Irl this happens more often than shootouts on the server.

You forgot the typical random free insults from such people, waiting for you to answer them so they can escalate the situation, because he's the chad of the chads but being in the wealthiest zone of the city, in front of the police station.

• Upvote 2
52 minutes ago, Xaleya said:

You forgot the typical random free insults from such people, waiting for you to answer them so they can escalate the situation, because he's the chad of the chads but being in the wealthiest zone of the city, in front of the police station.

Well it is exaggerated on the server indeed. Normally when I take a walk downtown irl. I'd see such behaviour from drunk college students or skins in my town. Or older hoodlums. But keyword here is intoxicated. Unless it's a hood scrap or racial hate, it normally doesn't happen when people are sober.

5 hours ago, Engelbert said:

You kinda just proved my point. When they only way to avoid poor escalation is to just ignore the person. 

When the only solution is to not rp with them, then it's a problem 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Orpheus49 said:

When the only solution is to not rp with them, then it's a problem 

On 6/6/2022 at 1:51 PM, Orpheus49 said:

To me, good escalation has to further the plot and be fun for all parties

100% agree. People look for reasons to use their guns all the time and it's not fun roleplay to be the victim. It's just a waste of time. It's mostly a cultural thing too that from my perception and brief stay on this server seems to be widely accepted.

e: I think your suggestion cq. getting a definition of what exactly is considered poor escalation makes it easier to enforce for admins, easier for victims to ring the bell and easier to reflect on your own roleplay and whether you're doing that when walking into a grey-area situation. It's genuinely helpful.

Edited by Solsroyce
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 5:58 PM, Solsroyce said:

100% agree. People look for reasons to use their guns all the time and it's not fun roleplay to be the victim. It's just a waste of time. It's mostly a cultural thing too that from my perception and brief stay on this server seems to be widely accepted.

e: I think your suggestion cq. getting a definition of what exactly is considered poor escalation makes it easier to enforce for admins, easier for victims to ring the bell and easier to reflect on your own roleplay and whether you're doing that when walking into a grey-area situation. It's genuinely helpful.

That's definitely the point of my suggestion yes

As for the widely accepted cultural idea that rapid escalation is a thing. It seems to be more of a Southside thing. The idea that everyone down there is super hard and is allowed to do what they want. I thing having more grounded rules allows that area to be still dangerous yet realistic 

On 6/10/2022 at 3:09 PM, Triple Seven said:

Can we not make rule for everything that's common sense? We're just stooping to the lower level if we want everything defined in rules, since it'll just become: "oh, X wasn't in the rules so I didn't know."

This.

The tell you that there's a 'poor escalation' and leave the rest to the understanding of the roleplayer of how a realistic scene must be roleplayed. Realism in RP is not actually hard to understand when you know what you have to expect when something happens IC. The things you offered are good to know but it makes people lazy to think about the scenario before actually acting. Rules are not made to be treated as 'check lists', That's all I say. There are a plenty of other scenarios the topic 'poor escalation' might be define differently. That's why you don't want people to misunderstand it. Some people are still struggling to understand the simple concept of PG to be honest. 

On 6/22/2022 at 4:45 AM, FinalPA said:

This.

The tell you that there's a 'poor escalation' and leave the rest to the understanding of the roleplayer of how a realistic scene must be roleplayed. Realism in RP is not actually hard to understand when you know what you have to expect when something happens IC. The things you offered are good to know but it makes people lazy to think about the scenario before actually acting. Rules are not made to be treated as 'check lists', That's all I say. There are a plenty of other scenarios the topic 'poor escalation' might be define differently. That's why you don't want people to misunderstand it. Some people are still struggling to understand the simple concept of PG to be honest. 

You think they don't understand powergaming? You should see how many people kill over words! Haha

On 6/26/2022 at 1:56 PM, Orpheus49 said:

You think they don't understand powergaming? You should see how many people kill over words! Haha

I think it depends on the context. If you go into a hood and see a group of gang members, then you approach them and insult them, I think it's pretty obvious that you would get seriously hurt to say the least. Look at video of people posting pranks online in the hood, etc. A simple joke is already prompting aggression. I think it goes both ways too, poor behavior on the initiating party for insulting in such situation that would very likely result in them getting hurt, as well as from the other party for escalating such conflict.