ALPR Cameras

Plutonium

1 hour ago, valor said:

this is cool and all in real life but server wise this would be stupid and it would completely kill off any police chases as pd or sd can just get their place off the funny cameras and post a APB on those people.. wouldn't really seem all to fair i don't get brofessor's point either "Can’t wait for all the illegal RP’ers to come in and whine about this being an overpowered suggestion though." i roleplay both in a leo faction and ilegally, i can tell you that that would kill the fairness

Chases are stupid and usually provide little to no roleplay at all. Obv the city wouldn't be filled with them, but popular areas having CCTV's would be a good thing imho. And as if 90% if not more crime goes unsolved as it is, so it's not exactly killing illegal rp with it.

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, Timzii said:

Chases are stupid and usually provide little to no roleplay at all. Obv the city wouldn't be filled with them, but popular areas having CCTV's would be a good thing imho. And as if 90% if not more crime goes unsolved as it is, so it's not exactly killing illegal rp with it.

What RP do you wish to see in chases? There can't be significant emotes but that doesn't denote bad roleplay, people aren't allowed to stunt and offroad, imo it's held to a high standard. It transitions to text RP quick.

The thing is, this guy isn't suggesting CCTV, which is hard to perform as it is and relies on players recording themselves. He's suggesting implementing an even more complex technology that he doesn't know anything about. He's trying to improve roleplay he's not involved in for whatever reason.

4 minutes ago, squirreltail said:

What RP do you wish to see in chases? There can't be significant emotes but that doesn't denote bad roleplay, people aren't allowed to stunt and offroad, imo it's held to a high standard. It transitions to text RP quick.

The thing is, this guy isn't suggesting CCTV, which is hard to perform as it is and relies on players recording themselves. He's suggesting implementing an even more complex technology that he doesn't know anything about. He's trying to improve roleplay he's not involved in for whatever reason.

I'd rather see no chases than actual chases being present so often. They don't do anything other than promote unrealistic driving from both sides to catch the suspect. It usually ends with suspects taking a PK in the end with either their driving or shooting at the cops. And if the rare occurance happens where they do surrender, it usually in most cases ends the same way, which most LEO's have done countless of times.

As for the CCTV's, a CCTV system is in a work and it'll capture logs of what rp and stuff is happening in the vicinity. A developer gave a sneakpeak to it some time ago, unsure where it's at now, development wise. I'm saying this as a LEO that it'll help us in a way to get leads in cases which the suspects were involved with and whatnot. Might not provide a huge benefit, but it's better than nothing. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Toxic-san said:

imo, It'll demotivate illegal rpers a lot and therefore kill the illegal side of the rp. PD/SD already got ALPRs on their vehicles and airships too and those two are already OP enough. Adding this is just gonna unbalance things hard.

Unsure about LSPD but in SD only detectives, SEB & traffic units have ALPR which is a very small amount of units active every hour.

Just now, Toxic-san said:

imo, It'll demotivate illegal rpers a lot and therefore kill the illegal side of the rp. PD/SD already got ALPRs on their vehicles and airships too and those two are already OP enough. Adding this is just gonna unbalance things hard.

How will it kill RP? You know that majority of comitted crimes goes unsolved unless it's witnessed in some way by LEO's? ALPR's do little to nothing other than provide names of the registered owner and show insurance status, let alone it being limited to only a few specialized divisions. Airsips usually aren't present and compared to last year this time it's honestly a rare occurance of having one up with my experience. And if they are called in? They gotta perform pre-flight checks which usually means the situation ends before they are efficient. So please, with that being said, tell me how it's unbalanced when current crime goes 90% unsolved as it is, I'm eager to hear it.

1 minute ago, Timzii said:

- snip -

I can vouch on this. Most characters who commit crimes are either new characters or old character who were never caught so 90% of the time you can't get DNA evidence. Casings do nothing unless we have your firearm. Vehicles can easily be reported stolen/or just jacked. It's literally trivial to not get caught, I'd say most crimes every day go unsolved unless the person committing it isn't careful.

Just now, Vassilios said:

I can vouch on this. Most characters who commit crimes are either new characters or old character who were never caught so 90% of the time you can't get DNA evidence. Casings do nothing unless we have your firearm. Vehicles can easily be reported stolen/or just jacked. It's literally trivial to not get caught, I'd say most crimes every day go unsolved unless the person committing it isn't careful.

Literally this. And solving cases depends on the suspects honesty too, which something can be made up to benefit them. What people don't realize is that investigative roleplay is currently quite bad due to the available assets we have. The CCTV's wouldn't benefit anyone crazy nor would they destroy illegal rp. Just use the back streets, it's not that hard, lol.

• Upvote 1