ALPR Cameras

Plutonium

19 minutes ago, Brofessor said:

Care to explain? Lol

It's pointless and requires too many resources. It doesn't significantly help the law enforcement, I can't imagine what useful data could be taken out of it. It's a waste of time and a minor technology, on the other hand it'll just cause crying and paranoia from illegal RP. This is from someone who does both. Also what the guy before me (edit: before him) said.

Edited by squirreltail
23 minutes ago, OliHaydes said:

100% support this, think it'd be a very nice addition. Could also have a chance of not picking the plate up for... balance as people like to say.

Personally I don't think there should be any chance of the cameras not picking up the plate, if anything I think the camera should have use durability like trackers & bugs so that they have to be fixed by the state every now and then.

All this does it make the vehicle realistically trackable, it's still going to take a lot of intuition and experience from the LSPD to be able to locate the vehicle location unless the criminal is an idiot and just decides to park the car on a main-road with ALPR cameras plastered everywhere.

16 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

one important factor that you failed to account for is the number of vehicles in the streets of los santos v. the number of vehicles in the streets of LA. while sure this is a cool idea i just dont see it as feasible unless there's like max. 2-4 of those cameras, instead of 30 or more. 

Feel that but regardless, all major streets should have ALPR cameras.

The volume of cars doesn't really matter once your car is tagged for criminal activity, there's no chance the camera isn't going to pick the tagged plate up.

It'll always be picked up if the camera is tagged.

4 minutes ago, Plutonium said:

Personally I don't think there should be any chance of the cameras not picking up the plate, if anything I think the camera should have use durability like trackers & bugs so that they have to be fixed by the state every now and then.

Do you have any government faction going around roleplaying maintaining anything? This is too much RPG and a mistaken concept.

4 minutes ago, Plutonium said:

All this does it make the vehicle realistically trackable, it's still going to take a lot of intuition and experience from the LSPD to be able to locate the vehicle location unless the criminal is an idiot and just decides to park the car on a main-road with ALPR cameras plastered everywhere.

Meaning it will hardly ever be useful. Compare it to the effort for it to ever work.

We already have ALPR, which at least in the faction I am in is limited to a couple divisions. This is a needless addition, seemingly OP, but actually not really applicable.

Edited by squirreltail
Just now, squirreltail said:

Do you have any government faction going around roleplaying maintaining everything? This is too much RPG and a missed concept.

Meaning it will hardly ever be useful.

We already have ALPR, which at least in the faction I am in is limited to a couple divisions. This is a needless addition, seemingly OP, but actually not really applicable.

What the fuck are you talking about lad lmfao.

Firstly it's not RPG at all, the government can contract people to fix the cameras. I'm so confused how the fuck you think that is RPG looooool.

Secondly, how won't it be used? Cruiser ALPR and ALPR cameras are literally completely different things. This is a real thing and it's how most criminals get caught in the long-term.

I'm pretty sure LSPD faction members like you is why 90% of criminals get away with murder. Literally.

3 minutes ago, squirreltail said:

Do you have any government faction going around roleplaying maintaining anything? This is too much RPG and a mistaken concept.

Uhh... Public works? You know, the whole faction dedicated to repairing city owned property? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2
17 minutes ago, Plutonium said:

Firstly it's not RPG at all, the government can contract people to fix the cameras. I'm so confused how the fuck you think that is RPG looooool.

It is, though, lad. To fix cameras? How exactly do they break lol? I don't think they do IRL. You're making up a dumb script grind that no one will bother to do and that makes no sense, just to excuse your already stupid suggestion, and again, for too much effort and for no real roleplay benefit. It's RPGish and a waste of time and resources.

21 minutes ago, Plutonium said:

Secondly, how won't it be used? Cruiser ALPR and ALPR cameras are literally completely different things. This is a real thing and it's how most criminals get caught in the long-term.

I'm pretty sure LSPD faction members like you is why 90% of criminals get away with murder. Literally.

It won't be used, it's too complicated, it's static and its efficiency is practically zero on GTAW. It won't hold on the court. You've got a completely wrong idea on how it works as well. I appreciate the initiative, but we don't roleplay more significant things and even things like CCTV are sometimes a pain in the ass to play out. ALPR cameras, really?

You've got the wrong mentality, I can't care less if murderers get caught or not on an OOC level lol but the thing is this defintiely won't help anyway. This is an epitome of what people mean when they cry about PD being OP and what not, though the existant scripts are fair and make sense, this just ain't it. Also not in the PD.

this is cool and all in real life but server wise this would be stupid and it would completely kill off any police chases as pd or sd can just get their place off the funny cameras and post a APB on those people.. wouldn't really seem all to fair i don't get brofessor's point either "Can’t wait for all the illegal RP’ers to come in and whine about this being an overpowered suggestion though." i roleplay both in a leo faction and ilegally, i can tell you that that would kill the fairness

15 minutes ago, Armaros said:

as if having LEOs on every corner of the server not a bad idea enough, watch trucker/big "company" roleplayers take another shot at killing illegal rp

Yeah just realized it's the people who aren't related to either illegal or LEO RP that are bringing this stuff up for whatever reason. I'm pulling back, this is getting shut down anyway.

10 minutes ago, valor said:

i don't get brofessor's point either "Can’t wait for all the illegal RP’ers to come in and whine about this being an overpowered suggestion though." 

He has no idea what he's saying, he just wants to see people suffer because he got robbed once while trucking or something. Neither LEO nor illegal players want to see the other side whine, that comment was so out of the place. Wrong mentality.

Edited by squirreltail